Home

“Keep Eating Healthy”

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

“Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 01:13 PM

6 month check in with the doc yesterday, had blood work done the end of last week in preparation for the visit. I have been dreading it. The holidays always get me, pies, cookies, fudge and even a sneak trip or several to DQ for blizzards, my meds have failed to hide such indulgence in the past. That coupled with me taking myself off some other low dose meds the doc had me on I’m anticipating stern reminders of good choices and how they affect my health. She asks if I have any concerns. Fearing a trick question I give a simple no. She then ask if I’m eating healthy. I tell her I’m eating good. You getting exercise? I’m keeping busy. lol She then says the blood work looks good. A1C is a little higher than the last visit but still below 7. BP is 116/71 and you’ve lost 4 more pounds since the last visit. I’m speechless.

Eating healthy…..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 01:18 PM

I went in for my annual physical and labs yesterday. I suspect, my cholesterol will continue to be out of control, but my BP was better than it's been in a long time 126/86. Your breakfast looks familiar. wink. I went healthier today with a sausage/egg/cheese burrito. laugh
Posted By: Getting There

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 01:50 PM

Just watch it, those numbers can turn on you real fast. Then they are real had to turn around.

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 01:54 PM

She told me to keep doing what I’m doing but I don’t think I’m gonna do that. lol

You’re right GT, so I’m gonna be putting in some effort to do better than what I have been the past 3 months.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 02:04 PM

Here you get the blood work done after the visit that makes absolutely no sense to me so I adjust things on my own after getting the lab results back. Last visit my BP was 115/63 the A1C 6.6 so I’m ok with those results for now. Told the Doc I can’t live on bark and water so I have to eat something still no sugar or sweets for me but it’s not easy.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 03:08 PM

Looks healthy to me.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 03:18 PM

I've got a Dr. visit coming up on Monday. Last checkup A1C was 5.8 and BP was 131/78. Hopefully all will check out good.
Posted By: k snow

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 03:22 PM

That breakfast looks good to me, minus the bread. Replace the bottom slice with a slab of ham, and you're all set.

And maybe the cheese, was that a prepackaged slice ?

sick

Cheese is fine, as long as its real cheese, and not processed oil.

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 03:23 PM

Gonna send up a little prayer for you Boss hoping everything is good. Can’t hurt.

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
That breakfast looks good to me, minus the bread. Replace the bottom slice with a slab of ham, and you're all set.

And maybe the cheese, was that a prepackaged slice ?

sick

Cheese is fine, as long as its real cheese, and not processed oil.

That is ham under that egg. Deli sliced on the cheese. Is that good or bad?
Posted By: k snow

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 03:31 PM

Deli sliced is fine with me.

I thought it was bacon. I just don't eat much bread, but can understand wanting all of that on a slice of something.

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
Deli sliced is fine with me.

I thought it was bacon. I just don't eat much bread, but can understand wanting all of that on a slice of something.

That is what this turns into when you cook it in a pan with a drop or two of butter.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jingles

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 05:27 PM

This says it all

Attached picture Screenshot_20240206_092618_Gallery.jpg

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 05:34 PM

My new diet consists of eggs, meat or oat meal for breakfast, sugar free cookies for lunch and meat, vegetables and sweet potatoes for dinner and I never felt better . A1C is the lowest it been in a couple years.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jingles
This says it all

A cow will get fat on grass, but we will starve. Same with being vegetarian.

The natural human diet throughout history has been based around meat, fish, and eggs and all their saturated fats and cholesterol.
They contain all the essential amino acids and bioavailable micronutrients that humans need.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 08:29 PM

Well, my A1c was 5.5. Apparently I had a slightly elevated glucose #. Probably, my body responding to 24 hours without a beer. I shall rectify that problem this evening.

Re: “Keep Eating Healthy” - 02/06/24 08:35 PM

5.5 that’s a winner it would be donuts for me. LOL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums