Home

Shipping container vent

Posted By: justjosh

Shipping container vent - 02/01/24 10:50 PM

Recently got a 40' container and need to add some ventilation to it. Amazon has lots of choices, anybody have any recommendations?
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Shipping container vent - 02/02/24 12:12 AM

A buddy of mine put a couple vents in his container. They look like the old cloths dryer type vents. He has one down low on one end then one up high on other end. Also has a fan and small solar panel to run it. He said it took care of his condensation problem.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Shipping container vent - 02/02/24 01:20 AM

I bought a set that goes in the ends. I think 360 was the company, paid about $360.00 too. Still gets hot ! They help with any Smell, though.
Posted By: coyote 1

Re: Shipping container vent - 02/02/24 01:45 AM

When you get the vent figured out, load that sucker up with illegals and ship them home.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Shipping container vent - 02/02/24 01:47 AM

LawDog will be a good source he has one.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Shipping container vent - 02/02/24 01:51 AM

Menards has round eve aluminum vents in 2 sizes that a guy could use. Other vents would work don’t go too big or you lose your security but having a escape route could be set up from the inside of the container.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Shipping container vent - 02/02/24 02:49 AM

I bought two metal gable end vents from home depot . Around 20 bucks a piece I think ?

Cut one into the front left door and one at the rear .

Stays dry , but still hot in the summer . Dark colors like mine make it worse but I needed it to blend with surroundings

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Shipping container vent - 02/02/24 02:58 AM

I saw a guy who had put weep hole style vents down low (they exclude vermin) and 2 turbines on top
He had done it right by fabbing steel curbs (read low pedastools) with the standard hole size so that any brand of vent could be mounted there.

He was in a dry windy part of the world- if you put yours in a different climate the passive flow of air (heat rises and creates a vacuum
that sucks cool air in from below) should help to some extent, and if not enough, the solar powered vents are getting more affordable.

Let us know what you do and how it works out plz
Posted By: schweg2

Re: Shipping container vent - 02/03/24 08:53 PM

I need to add something to mine also, it rains from the ceiling when conditions are right.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Shipping container vent - 02/03/24 10:36 PM

Keep a space under the container also that floor is wood give the bottom room to breath.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Shipping container vent - 02/03/24 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by coyote 1
When you get the vent figured out, load that sucker up with illegals and ship them home.

They do not need any vents
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Shipping container vent - 02/03/24 11:03 PM

I have had a 40' for many years and I have never had condensation on the inside. Mine has plenty of room underneath it. One end on 4" solid blocks and the other end about 3' off the ground.

It does get hot inside when closed up but no leaks and I have never considered adding more vents.
Posted By: Jingles

Re: Shipping container vent - 02/03/24 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by coyote 1

If shipping illegals forgo putting in the vents
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Shipping container vent - 02/03/24 11:33 PM

Just stand back and use some Buckshot!! VENTED!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums