Home

Load Limits

Posted By: Eagleye

Load Limits - 01/30/24 12:41 PM

Crazy early but some NW Wisconsin counties are implementing Seasonal Load Limits this week... tough sledding if your paycheck depends on running those roads.
Posted By: 2poor

Re: Load Limits - 01/30/24 12:54 PM

I have seen them come on and go back off with a change in weather here in MN.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Load Limits - 01/30/24 01:01 PM

to much thawing , a lot of roads in the state have no real base under them.

even some state highways they just paved over them so many times
Posted By: corky

Re: Load Limits - 01/30/24 01:19 PM

I feel sorry for the people forced to work at night. I would hate to have to back up LP trucks, Garbage trucks or septic pumpers in the dark on some of these driveways. The loggers will also have their operations greatly affected. Snowmobile and skiing tourism is already nonexistent. Tough times for Northwoods businesses.
Posted By: BobMo

Re: Load Limits - 01/30/24 01:21 PM

https://www.dot.state.mn.us/loadlimits/
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Load Limits - 01/31/24 01:36 AM

No limit here yet but the roads are getting soft.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Load Limits - 01/31/24 02:46 AM

Ground is like early March around here due to the warm weather and we have another 1-2 weeks of above normal temps predicted. That makes for a real long spring road limitation season.

Bryce
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Load Limits - 01/31/24 03:21 AM

Saw a few limits today.

I figure I'll tap a maple or two tomorrow. Ain't never done that in January, before.
Posted By: ToTheWoods

Re: Load Limits - 01/31/24 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by corky
I feel sorry for the people forced to work at night. I would hate to have to back up LP trucks, Garbage trucks or septic pumpers in the dark on some of these driveways. The loggers will also have their operations greatly affected. Snowmobile and skiing tourism is already nonexistent. Tough times for Northwoods businesses.

Not to mention that most logger are in the "winter" or swamp grounds this time of year and can't work because everything is still wet and thawed.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums