Home

What the ****

Posted By: trapperkeck

What the **** - 01/25/24 12:48 AM

When did pine casing and base trim become more expensive than oak? I'm not complaining, but I was 100% on board with pine until I saw the prices.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: What the **** - 01/25/24 12:52 AM

Yeah oak is pretty reasonable right know, we’re waiting on a quote on 8/4 8 foot long walnut for a customer’s countertop that’s going to be scary.
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: What the **** - 01/25/24 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
Yeah oak is pretty reasonable right know, we’re waiting on a quote on 8/4 8 foot long walnut for a customer’s countertop that’s going to be scary.

Let me know if you have trouble sourcing some. I may be able to help you in the walnut dept
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: What the **** - 01/25/24 01:19 AM

Thank you, right now there’s a place in Webster City that’s getting the quote around, but we’ll see.
Posted By: 160user

Re: What the **** - 01/25/24 01:44 AM

Depending on what you want, One eyed trapper on here may be able to help you out with Pine. I have had him saw for me and bought lumber from him and he always treated me good.
Posted By: hrdtoflw

Re: What the **** - 01/25/24 01:51 AM

A few months ago, I bought a bunch of base, and casing in pine. We were selling our house, and some base was destroyed during removal, for flooring work. Some casing and frames were short, due to ceramic tile removal. I had to buy 2 prehung pine doors also. The price about made me sick, but the complete mis match of color after staining really had me aggravated. I guess the new pine just wouldn’t take the stain like the old did, so I had to mix stains to get it close. What a cluster that was.
At the time ( last April-May ) I also bought some oak colonial base, and it was more expensive than the pine!
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: What the **** - 01/25/24 03:49 AM

We're remodeling the kitchen. Now I have always been an oak guy, love,. When I asked about prices the woods I always considered pulp or low grade, is now the most valuable. Oak is the cheapest. Crazy times.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums