Home

Lions responding !

Posted By: GritGuy

Lions responding ! - 01/18/24 11:56 PM

Many know I make calling units for trappers and hunters, many send me pic's of their success, thought to show some I got today with lions responding to the units, from a long time user who sends all the time, but these are really a nice grouping of action that is a great showing !

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dixieland

Re: Lions responding ! - 01/19/24 12:13 AM

So you’re saying these cats came in to a caller, which, apparently, was placed in front of a game camera?

Re: Lions responding ! - 01/19/24 12:18 AM

Dixie, yes lots of people use cameras when using the units to see what's in the area, or to start hounds off of that area !
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Lions responding ! - 01/19/24 12:20 AM

Nice shots,
Kind of like a squeaker unit?

Re: Lions responding ! - 01/19/24 12:26 AM

Yes my own design I came up with and started selling them in the way early 80's, have many pictures and vids as well from happy customers, but this is not an ad for more work, just something I found interesting as a set of pictures, that others would enjoy !
Posted By: aknome

Re: Lions responding ! - 01/19/24 12:34 AM

I've used his squeakers for lynx in Alaska. They work great. Wolverines won't come near but pace a trail about 50 yards downwind.
Posted By: coyote 1

Re: Lions responding ! - 01/19/24 12:39 AM

Cool to see pictures of the lions. That would be one animal while calling that the unit would be as far as the remote would work lol.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Lions responding ! - 01/19/24 01:46 AM

great footage. love that last pic. really wanted that squeaker!
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Lions responding ! - 01/19/24 02:01 AM

Top shelf. I own a couple dozen and they are the cats meow literally.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Lions responding ! - 01/19/24 02:19 AM

Interesting. Looks like you've done your homework.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Lions responding ! - 01/19/24 02:32 AM

Electronic calls work pretty darn good with lion. Distress mouth calls will bring them in also, but of course you have to be in good lion country also. Thanks for sharing your photos.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums