Home

Just wait until all the cars are electric

Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 11:38 AM

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...of-dead-robots-out-here?dicbo=v2-vfdxc3I

Looks like what we in the northland have been saying about electric cars is coming true.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 11:41 AM

Chicago is the perfect place for them.
Posted By: 4zebra61

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 12:09 PM

I just don’t get it!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by 4zebra61
I just don’t get it!

Profit for politicians
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 12:19 PM

The whole thing is a great racket. There will be billions in taxpayer money thrown at improving and installing charging stations in the coming years. Uncle sugar is going to make some rich folks even richer. (But, of course, there is nothing new about that.)
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I just don’t get it!

Profit for politicians

Absolutely
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 01:06 PM

And Alberta send out emergency alerts to reduce electricity consumption 3 times over the weekend. Sask Power was able to help out sending 150MVA thanks to their coal fired stations. The Feds said no, it’s Alberta’s fault for having sub par infrastructure. What are they supposed to do, install bigger transformers in their sub stations?…lol. The powers gotta come from somewhere.
Posted By: Old pup

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 01:11 PM

Maybe someday electric vehicles will be a viable alternative or even the only way to go. My opinion is that that is probably 20-30 years down the road. There are other alternatives.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 01:42 PM

[Linked Image]

Enough said!

Chris
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 02:26 PM

The grid was outdated many years ago did it get any better all of a sudden are they lying now or back then? Not one charging station has been built with all that money they put aside for them how much of those funds will disappear.?
Posted By: Guss

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 02:59 PM

There no common sense and more.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Shakeyjake
And Alberta send out emergency alerts to reduce electricity consumption 3 times over the weekend. Sask Power was able to help out sending 150MVA thanks to their coal fired stations. The Feds said no, it’s Alberta’s fault for having sub par infrastructure. What are they supposed to do, install bigger transformers in their sub stations?…lol. The powers gotta come from somewhere.

More solar panels and windmills. Duh! whistle
Posted By: Raghorn67

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 06:01 PM

EV's. The second biggest scam we have ever seen. Right behind the COVID scamdemic.
Posted By: beeman

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 06:02 PM

I hope there are more and more electric cars. The increase in electric cars should mean an oversupply of gasoline and diesel which should make my car cheaper to fill.
Posted By: NEYotetrapper

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by beeman
I hope there are more and more electric cars. The increase in electric cars should mean an oversupply of gasoline and diesel which should make my car cheaper to fill.

Amen

People who drive EVs think they are so much smarter than the rest of us. Yea they can keep telling themselves that. Tesla says you need to drive your car for at least 30-45 mins in cold weather before charging the battery. Can you imagine us all driving in circles for 30-45 mins before pulling up to a gas pump. People who drive EVs are part of the problem not the solution.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I just don’t get it!

Profit for politicians

That's a bye product. The objective is to restrict travel, you can not control a populace that can freely travel..
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by beeman

Yes, under a free market that's what should happen. The reality is that part of the plan is to artificially drive up the price of gasoline and diesel to make the EV look more attractive.
Posted By: Tommyran

Re: Just wait until all the cars are electric - 01/16/24 06:44 PM

They can shove EVs, I'll never own one. Wait until those clowns have to buy a new battery.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums