Home

Do you show your Walmart receipt or not?

Posted By: ol' dad

Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 07:57 PM

I try not to shop at Walmart unless i have to. The last few times I've been I have noticed that there is an employee at the exit door asking to check your receipt. It seems as if they let some walk through and check others.
Presumably to make sure they didn't steal anything. Is this the same for your walmart? Do you show them the receipt or not if you are asked?

Ol dad
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 07:59 PM

I support the notion just because so many folks seem to think they don't need to pay for anything.
Posted By: Inveigle

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:00 PM

Yep. I didn’t steel anything. They also check your receipt at Sam’s Club and Costco.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:01 PM

I'm with you , try not to go there . They've just recently started checking , I blow by when they're not paying attention.

Costco ......you ain't getting by
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:04 PM

Nope walk right by my time is money if they want me to stop you will compensate me
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:07 PM

No. I just say I already checked it and thanks for the offer.
Posted By: uplandpointer

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:11 PM

If the person at each of the doors would work a register they would not have to check receipts at the door.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:13 PM

People are thieves and walk out of stores with thousands of dollars a day. Guess who ends up paying for it all - Us. I think it is rude to the employee and just plain rude.
Posted By: corky

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by uplandpointer
If the person at each of the doors would work a register they would not have to check receipts at the door.

x2
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:16 PM

They didn’t do it the last time I stopped by one about a month ago. If they want to, no skin off my back and maybe it will cut back on the theft and keep prices down. They wouldn’t do it if they didn’t THiNK it was worth the wages. I’m all for freedom, but if you’re letting something like this bug you, I think you’re just being a crotchety ol bugger. I almost enjoy it at Costco….its another chance to have s face to face interaction, smile at the person doing their job, and tell them “Thank you! Have a good day!” One of the simple joys in life. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Inveigle
Yep. I didn’t steel anything. They also check your receipt at Sam’s Club and Costco.

Part of the membership agreement at Sam's and Costco is letting them validate your receipt. You are given a choice. Also, each person gets checked. Not randomly.

Walmart seems to be done on a random basis.

Another question is, when you do self checkout at Walmart I believe it ask you if you want a printed receipt, an emailed receipt, or no receipt. If you were to pick no receipt then what is the point of having someone stand at the door?

Ol dad
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:27 PM

Sams we always have to get checked to get out the door. The scan the receipt then spot check by scanning a few items in the cart. Seems to be a legit control check to me and it’s fast so we don’t mind.
Walmart is different here…they ask us sometimes to see our receipt, sometimes they don’t. Nobody ever stopped us to verify your cart to the receipt at Walmart. One time we bought a small table top ice maker for good nugget ice for cold drinks. Guy at the Walmart door asked us if we had a receipt for that printer. I said we have a receipt for this ice maker, but it’s not a printer. He said oh and we walked right on by. Not a very sound control in my opinion.
My Mrs always tells them at Walmart when we buy groceries there we had to check ourselves out and here is our receipt as she waves it and keeps on going.
Jim
Posted By: Mando

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:37 PM

I don't shop at Wal-Mart.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:44 PM

Yep I do, I have nothing to hide. If there are items on the bottom of the cart that are not bagged usually get asked all the time, and should in my opinion.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:49 PM

They say, can I see your receipt and I say? I sure hope so because you're looking right at it - as I hold it' up and walk out the door.

I don't steal and Im.on 5 checkout cameras ...so look at that
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 08:51 PM

They've done it for a years at my closest Walmart. They only ask you if you have an umbagged item like a TV or something in the bottom of your cart. I got no problem with it takes 10 seconds. As for them working at a register and then they wouldn't have to check, yes they would. What stops you from just going out where you came in and not paying. That's right the one checking the receipt .
Lots of scum out there stealing and that raises prices.

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:20 PM

I find it irritating , the notion I might be stealing something.

I hate thieves , if the thieves had a hand chopped off for stealing there would be no need to irritate the non-thieves
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:22 PM

I was told if it's bagged I'm good to go.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:28 PM

Nancy Walton paid $300 million for her yacht and it costs $30-40 million annually to maintain. I think their marketing strategy is working.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:34 PM

used to get checked at Sam's it was like spot check a couple items that was their people checking you out.

I must look trustworthy I can't remember ever being asked

now when there is only a self checkout at any store and it requires you to put the 50 pound bag of feed on the little bag holder shelf , I am slamming that like a WWF wrestler , and the machine told me too.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:34 PM

Nope.
I walk right by them. Have a hard enough time going there, always in a hurry to get out.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:37 PM

I go to wally world very seldom, they check sometimes. I have never been checked. I always self check out. If they ever do check me I'm going to ask to be compensated for the time it took me to do their job. Let's see, minimum wage is 15.00 divided buy 60min =.25. Say it takes 2min to check out I'll ask them for .50, seems fair.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:39 PM

It depends on my mood. Sometimes I will but sometimes not. Like one day I was in a hurry and they had only one register open and I had a lot of items. So I had to go through self check with all that. Then I get to the door and they want to see my receipt. Screw that. Either trust me to scan my own items or hire enough cashiers to scan them for me.
Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by jalstat
Nope walk right by my time is money if they want me to stop you will compensate me

Macho man!

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
It depends on my mood. Sometimes I will but sometimes not. Like one day I was in a hurry and they had only one register open and I had a lot of items. So I had to go through self check with all that. Then I get to the door and they want to see my receipt. Screw that. Either trust me to scan my own items or hire enough cashiers to scan them for me.

Good point
Posted By: lestan101

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:42 PM

I don't mind to show them the receipt but I ask them what item they are checking for. I want to know which item is being checked if it's a random check. If they are letting some people by and then check me I ask them what was thier criterea for my stop and which item they need to see then I gladly show it to them.

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
They've done it for a years at my closest Walmart. They only ask you if you have an umbagged item like a TV or something in the bottom of your cart. I got no problem with it takes 10 seconds. As for them working at a register and then they wouldn't have to check, yes they would. What stops you from just going out where you came in and not paying. That's right the one checking the receipt .
Lots of scum out there stealing and that raises prices.

Lol. That guy ain't stopping anyone. Associates is most places are not allowed to stop anybody. They can only report it.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:43 PM

Irritating as it is the one at the door DIDN'T ,make the policy and probably dislikes it as much. Why give them grief over something they have no control?

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Drifter
Irritating as it is the one at the door DIDN'T ,make the policy and probably dislikes it as much. Why give them grief over something they have no control?

So they can pass it on to the morons

I'm sure alot of them love it , doing absolutely nothing , lazy
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 09:47 PM

It's generally some really old or disabled person who has the integrity to work. Yes, I am polite and show them the receipt. No reason to be a jerk or finally make your big (non-internet) social stand.

Are your lives so miserable that you have to punk the retarded guy at Walmart?
Posted By: Tommyran

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 10:40 PM

I don't and won't go to Walmart. But I can understand why they check, too many thieves. They are sick of it and I don't blame them.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 10:53 PM

I show it anytime I'm asked. They smile, I smile, out the door I go.

Sometime last summer I was self checking at grocery store, a couple items, I hit pay and it was for about $50 more than I was buying. Called for help. Was told people were going to self check, scanning items, bagging items and walking out the door leaving balance on the register. Next time I was in there, armed cops standing around behind registers. Last time they had installed turnstile type entrances inside the door so you have to go thru registers to get out of store. Have security posted watching folks leave.

There is a political party responsible for creating this condition and it's not mine.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 11:29 PM

First they make you work there ( self check out ) then theynhave someone to check on you that you did your job right ....... If you get it right three times in a row, will you be eligible to become the employee of the month ??
Posted By: gcs

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 11:36 PM

They've been checking here for years, takes about 15 seconds or less, I'm not giving them a hard time over it, besides, the poor bugger is 100 years old and needs the job....
But what actually annoys me is the lack of checkout lanes open...plenty of self check, which is ok, i guess, for a few items, but not a cart full....and it's the self check that's being abused by the shoplifters.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/14/24 11:39 PM

Never been asked for a receipt and have never used self check out.
But I have arrested over 2,000 shoplifters when I was in drug store Management,
So if I am ever asked to show A receipt ,I will gladly show it.
Tom

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 12:00 AM

Again , chop a hand off and none of this bs that we all accept would exsit

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Again , chop a hand off and none of this bs that we all accept would exsit

How bout bring God back into schools and actually discipline children.

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 12:04 AM

The people that do steal are going to say no. Unless they have a video or something what can the cops do? Burden of proof is on the accuser. Think LE or store management will risk a lawsuit? Its a joke. When they do catch someone, instead of 6 months in the county jail, they just turn them loose.

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 12:07 AM

Which religion Mando???? Baptist, Mormon, Muslim, Church of Satan? You can can bet if religion is allowed again they will all sue to be represented.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 12:20 AM

X2!!

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Which religion Mando???? Baptist, Mormon, Muslim, Church of Satan? You can can bet if religion is allowed again they will all sue to be represented.

You make a good point.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 12:25 AM

Yep, don’t mind whatsoever.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 12:41 AM

Self checkout is right next to the exit of the Walmart here. Most employees by the door watch as you self checkout and then watch you walk out and never check. As mentioned, big ticket items or unbagged items loose in the cart may draw attention ay you walk out. Been asked once years ago and it delayed me perhaps 15 seconds. No big deal IMO.

Chris
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 12:51 AM

Every once in awhile will get asked, but not very often. I just show them the receiept and move on. Not worth getting irritated over.
Posted By: BandB

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 12:51 AM

Rarely darken the doors of a Wal-Mart, but if they ask, I show. No need to be rude to the employee. They didn't make the rule.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
They say, can I see your receipt and I say? I sure hope so because you're looking right at it - as I hold it' up and walk out the door.

I don't steal and Im.on 5 checkout cameras ...so look at that

Totally agree
Posted By: Raghorn67

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:30 AM

Where I live Walfarts is a necessary evil and I despise the place. We try to keep the $$$ we spend there to a bare minimum.

That said, the people that work the door there are seniors and trying to make ends meet.
I'm not going to disrespect them for something as petty as asking to see my receipt.

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:37 AM

Doesn't sound like anyone is advocating for being disrespectful. You could just politely say no thank you.

The gentleman that checked my receipt last night was in his 80s. I didn't have very many items so I just took a few seconds. But what got me thinking is after I left what I would have done if I didn't have a receipt. Sometimes I don't print one or sometimes I leave it there because it's not something I'll need to return. So if I didn't have a receipt and someone asked me, and I say no, do I have to wait there for them to verify through security?

The bigger question is, is this even very effective? I feel like people that are going to shoplift know the game and know how to get around it. Several people made mention that if something's in a bag they don't ask for the receipt. If I was at shoplifter I believe I would stuff the stolen goods in a bag and walk out. It's not hard to grab a empty bag when you walk into the store.

Ol dad
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
The people that do steal are going to say no. Unless they have a video or something what can the cops do? Burden of proof is on the accuser. Think LE or store management will risk a lawsuit? Its a joke. When they do catch someone, instead of 6 months in the county jail, they just turn them loose.

Recently a guy came thru the self checking at the fairbanks Wally. Had alot of stuff. Employee noticed he was scanning some goods but not others. Checked his receipt at the door. Over a grand in unpaid goods. Felony theft and off to jail.
Posted By: thgreenwing

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by jalstat

Tough guy!

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 02:13 AM

not here marten trapper
Posted By: charles

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 02:13 AM

I was in Sams Club this weekend. I was behind a couple at the checkout that were being closely watched by an employee. The wife was constantly arranging items in their cart, putting items in her shopping bags. Their was no way they could be checked because many items were at the bottom of her bags. Her behavior was not normal. Meanwhile, the husband was having to try multiple credit cards. Guilt seemed obvious to me as well as the observing employee.

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 02:42 AM

The ones here have towels on their head.
Guessing it was their relative at the check out line?

I've had a few try and stop me , I just stare at them and walk out. Can't understand them anyway.
Now, if they were a white/ older person, I may stop and let them check but ain't seen one yet.
Posted By: Sledgehammer

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 02:47 AM

If Wally World could implement a TSA type risk prevention system(at a low price of course) they would do it.

They should have walk through metal detectors when you enter to see if customers are packing. Also have to be scanned on the way out. Too many places to hide shoplifted goods. Full body scans and strip searches. They should be able to search your vehicle as well, because you may have something harmful in your ride. I mean, if you have nothing to hide, what is the problem right????

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
If Wally World could implement a TSA type risk prevention system(at a low price of course) they would do it.

They should have walk through metal detectors when you enter to see if customers are packing. Also have to be scanned on the way out. Too many places to hide shoplifted goods. Full body scans and strip searches. They should be able to search your vehicle as well, because you may have something harmful in your ride. I mean, if you have nothing to hide, what is the problem right????

Holy crap!!,
shocked
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 03:11 AM

I've learned truly successful people are better at jumping those small (even big) hurdles of life and keep on trucking without getting upset or missing a step. This is one of those situations.

Plenty of things to be angry at in this world. This is WAY, Way, Way down the list.

I've also learned plenty of people look for things to get upset over. It seems to fill their day, or something.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 03:26 AM

well said Calvin
come on thegreenwing try not to throw salt on someone's broken pride
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 04:05 AM

No
Don’t have a Costco membership
Go to the local lumberyard and load my truck, walk in and tell them what I got, pay, leave.
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 10:19 AM

If there are no registers out, and they trust me to checkout my own stuff, without an employee discount. I take it as an insult to ask to check my receipt. So no, they don't see it.
Posted By: 2poor

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 12:47 PM

Nope , I don’t shoplift and am not willing to be accused of it !

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
If there are no registers out, and they trust me to checkout my own stuff, without an employee discount. I take it as an insult to ask to check my receipt. So no, they don't see it.

Truth

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer

Bazinga!!!

Sure-0k! crazy grin
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:07 PM

Ive never had my receipt checked at any local walmart and would consider it an insult if they tried.

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:14 PM

So, what exactly do they do? take each item out of the bags and check them off on your receipt? I dont understand how that couldnt take quite a while.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:20 PM

They only ask if you have un bagged items. It’s their policy. Normally it’s an older person that is trying to supplement their SS . Why be rude to someone that is trying to work. Not their fault. But I guess some people just like being a horses butt in public. What did it cost you to show the receipt? Did it cause a brain bleed? Did the 10 seconds it took make you be late to claim your million dollar lotto ticket?
Just saying
Posted By: corky

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
They only ask if you have un bagged items. It’s their policy. Normally it’s an older person that is trying to supplement their SS . Why be rude to someone that is trying to work. Not their fault. But I guess some people just like being a horses butt in public. What did it cost you to show the receipt? Did it cause a brain bleed? Did the 10 seconds it took make you be late to claim your million dollar lotto ticket?
Just saying

This
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:33 PM

The self checkout is a bi product of massive COVID layoffs. People don’t want to work!! If I got 2-3 items I love self checkout! Some of the comments don’t make sense. You will stand in line to use a cashier which takes longer. But gripe about the 30 seconds it takes to show your receipt to papaw at the door? Life is too short......
Local Lowe’s has ONLY self checkout now. Half are card only.
Posted By: Orlando

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:39 PM

I can't remember having a receipt checked. But if they asked, I certainly would oblige. No reason not to. ...and if their procedures catch the occasional nefarious individual, I'm all for it.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:45 PM

I always have mine in my hand just in case. No need to stress folks out. Taught my son the same.
Posted By: run

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mando
I don't shop at Wal-Mart.

We agree on something. Thank you very much!
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 01:52 PM

I’m aware it only takes a second or to. I’m also aware of why they do it. But, treating all of your customers like thief’s because a few are is incredibly rude. Most, if not all people would be offended if a small downtown hardware store or grocery store would do it. Not sure why the big stores get a pass for treating their customers like crooks.

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 02:01 PM

Small downtown hardware store probably has a cashier. Usually checking you out right next to the exit. Entirely different scenario.

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 02:02 PM

Funny how everyone one complains about thieves, but get indignant when a place tries to curtail some of them.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 02:12 PM

I don’t go to wal mart unless I’m at our winter house for a week or two. The only time I won’t stop is when they are forming a line for a 100% check. I’m not standing in line to wait for a person to search my cart for a specific item.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 02:16 PM

How about the case when the door checker watches you check out and still wants to see your receipt? It happens.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by BandB
Funny how everyone one complains about thieves, but get indignant when a place tries to curtail some of them.

Lots of ways to curtail thieves without treating everyone like one.
Originally Posted by BandB
Small downtown hardware store probably has a cashier. Usually checking you out right next to the exit. Entirely different scenario.

Not to me.
Posted By: Tommyran

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391
So, what exactly do they do? take each item out of the bags and check them off on your receipt? I dont understand how that couldnt take quite a while.

The receipt typically has the number of products purchased on it. They compare that to what's in your bag/cart. If they match you're good to go.
Posted By: Muskeg

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 02:39 PM

No. I refuse to go into one. I do what I can to not support the Chinese communist.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 03:31 PM

I will stop in Walmart maybe once a month its right on my way from work. . Normally it's for a few items when I'm away at work like milk and breakfast food and cheese and lunch meat if I end up working several days more than I was scedualed and run out of what my wife cooked and packed for me.

Yes I walk right up to them to hand then the recipe I don't even water for them to ask. Why. Becust they are edging their job. It's a low pay thankless job and it's normally someone older needing the money or handy caped in some way.

It will not stop thefts. They just won't stop and act like they didn hear them or bolt out the door.

But I'm not going to be rude to the people doing that job. But it is why I always pick a printed recipe vs no recipe so I can show them. ..
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 03:48 PM

Lots of change at our Walmarts , The people who came just for theft dont seem to be there anymore . At least not near as many ,
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 03:57 PM

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I go there because it's handy for my prescriptions and their pharmacy is nice to work with.
Sam's Club always checks your receipt. Same as Costco. It's no big deal to me whether they do or don't.
Posted By: RdFx

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 04:03 PM

agree Scott

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 04:41 PM

I guess they can install thief detectors at the entrances. Then they'll know who to check.

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tommyran
Originally Posted by lumberjack391

The receipt typically has the number of products purchased on it. They compare that to what's in your bag/cart. If they match you're good to go.

I have seen people come out of there with buggies so full the top bags were sliding off. Comparing items to the receipt would take a while for that.......I always thought big chain stores were insured against theft and didnt really worry about it. Some people I know that work in retail are told to leave the thieves go even when they see the theft with their own eyes.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 05:44 PM

Pretty sure they don't check receipts down here except at Sam's

I don't make a habit of shopping there

But if they do or start you can bet I am not going to be an (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) about it and do a bunch of complaining.
Not like they are pulling you aside and doing a body cavity search which is the way some of you seem to feel

Another thought is if you don't like their policies, don't keep going back. wink
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 05:46 PM

In a former life, I tried my hand at insurance underwriter once. Can say with high degree of certainty insurance isn't paying for squat, as they won't lose money either. Insurance will be cancelled if they did.

Who pays are paying customers like you and me thru higher prices. Right up until they close the store when it gets bad enough.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 06:02 PM

Those employees are told not to stop shoplifters ,are told that for a reason--their own safety.
Some of those thieves also carry guns and knives and are not afraid to use them. And I tell you this from---Experience.
Tom

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/15/24 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I go there because it's handy for my prescriptions and their pharmacy is nice to work with.
Sam's Club always checks your receipt. Same as Costco. It's no big deal to me whether they do or don't.

That's part of the membership contract.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/16/24 10:54 PM

No! How many times do I have to check out at that place? When I ring up my purchases myself do I get an employee discount? 1/2 the items in the store don't even have a price marked anywhere I can find, and it's rare to catch a worker with a price check thing.
Posted By: 4zebra61

Re: Do you show your Walmart receipt or not? - 01/16/24 11:33 PM

I’m a retired cop, don’t bother me, I’ve got more time than money……..lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums