Home

PA scratch off lottery tickets.......

Posted By: lumberjack391

PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 10:53 AM

Or any state for that matter. My daughter is addicted and always buys 1 of each for the amount of money she is going to play. I always tell her to buy the same tickets for the amount she is playing- her chances will be better at winning. She claims the big winner may be the next one on each roll. The question is who way has the better odds of winning for you mathematicians out there?
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 12:25 PM

Same . Look on lottery site and it tells you the odds. BUT with that said if you are serious the site will tell if the grand prize for each type has been sold.
One thing I’ve noticed here in Ky. Our cleaning lady gave us 2 tickets from the game nutcracker. Ticket number from the roll was 41 and 42. One was 50 buck winner other 10 bucks. I took them to cash in and noticed their roll started with 39 so I spent $20 to get 4 more. Yes 41&42 10 and 50 dollar winners
Posted By: Mando

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 12:29 PM

Lottery is another tax on the poor. I don't play. I'm money ahead.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mando
Lottery is another tax on the poor. I don't play. I'm money ahead.

My father always said the lottery was a tax on the poor and the stupid.
Posted By: warrior

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 01:42 PM

Lottery is another tax on the poor stupid. I don't play. I'm money ahead.

Fixed it for you.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391
Or any state for that matter. My daughter is addicted and always buys 1 of each for the amount of money she is going to play. I always tell her to buy the same tickets for the amount she is playing- her chances will be better at winning. She claims the big winner may be the next one on each roll. The question is who way has the better odds of winning for you mathematicians out there?

My lottery has the best odds, send me $100 and I will send $50 back. Always a winner!

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 01:51 PM

Not only is it a tax on the stupid it is a hindrance to those that work. I can't go into a gas station and not have to stand there in line while some ghetto resident is tying up things blowing their welfare check on a pipe dream.

I just want to get in and get out but no they got to buy this ticket or that one no gimme one of those.

And worse yet the state now has become a drug dealer constantly hawking the latest greatest dopamine hit ticket.

Why they can't see the obvious BS in it all is beyond me. Georgia sold it as a guaranteed scholarship for Georgia kids yet just a few years back they had to do a complete overhaul of the program because it was going broke. Imagine that, govt mishandling money.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by warrior

Fixed it for you.

I like the loto. Saves me a bunch of money. Newer vehical licenses plates way back before it would cost me over 799$ after the loto they droped 50%. Also make good cheep additions to things like Christmas gifts. I buy them now and then for entertainment. I don't expect to win or think I have a chance. But for 2$ I get a what would I do if? Entertainment for a few days. Or I could break down and go to the theater not sure of the prices now but the last time I took my wife to see a movie I think it was $24 for a ticked then expensive drinks and popcorn. Two houemre later its over and the next day whan asked what we saw it's so memorable I can't even remember what it was. That said I'm also not poor and struggling and don't think or expect to win. Blows my mind when I see obviously poor people spending crazy money they don't have on them.

I'm sure tickets are higher now that was over 6 years ago.
Posted By: Doug Lee

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 01:53 PM

I've heard the the odds in the Virginia lottery are 6,000,000 to 1
also you are more likely to get hit by lighting twice than win the lottery . . .
I don't play . . .

Doug
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 01:58 PM

I don't give the state of Texas much in the way of lotto tickets

Warrior I can't even remember the last time I set foot inside a gas station, only there to get fuel so I pay at the pump and on my way.
Posted By: DRF

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 02:04 PM

Not only is it a tax on the stupid it is a hindrance to those that work. I can't go into a gas station and not have to stand there in line while some ghetto resident is tying up things blowing their welfare check on a pipe dream.

I just want to get in and get out but no they got to buy this ticket or that one no gimme one of those.

And worse yet the state now has become a drug dealer constantly hawking the latest greatest dopamine hit ticket.

Why they can't see the obvious BS in it all is beyond me. Georgia sold it as a guaranteed scholarship for Georgia kids yet just a few years back they had to do a complete overhaul of the program because it was going broke. Imagine that, govt mishandling money.
that drives me nuts also! Or they give the cashier a handful of tickets for them to scan and see if one is a winner. I’ve walked out before instead of waiting.

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 02:15 PM

Thanks Jbyrd.....The rest of you not so much LOL.
Posted By: DRF

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 02:26 PM

Thanks Jbyrd.....The rest of you not so much LOL.

Yeah no biggie. Only drives me nuts when it happens lol.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 03:04 PM

Have her give you the money and save it for her, then every 5th time give her $2 dollars (free ticket) back. Then once a year, give her what's left.

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 03:09 PM

Hey I dont play and agree with all that was said. I help her out when I can, its up to her what she does with it, shes an adult.

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 03:12 PM

Fixed it for you.

Tax on the poor is a metaphorical saying. It's not mine, it's said by the wealthy. They don't play for a reason.
Posted By: goldnut

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 03:15 PM

My sister was an RN, graduated with honors and not stupid at all. She won 100,000. Just saying

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 03:18 PM

Hey I dont play and agree with all that was said. I help her out when I can, its up to her what she does with it, shes an adult.

But you can teach her too. 10 bucks a week for scratch offs is peanuts for most so big deal right. Plug that into a retirement calculator with only an 8% return over 30 years. That's what people could easily have almost guaranteed vs a lottery chance that usually never wins. I used that psychological trick to stop buying and drinking soda.

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by goldnut
My sister was an RN, graduated with honors and not stupid at all. She won 100,000. Just saying

Anomaly. It happens. Exciting for sure.

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by BTLowry
I don't give the state of Texas much in the way of lotto tickets

Warrior I can't even remember the last time I set foot inside a gas station, only there to get fuel so I pay at the pump and on my way.

I smoke, so it's a must and my own tax on stupidity.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 03:59 PM

Anomaly. It happens. Exciting for sure.

Old boss at work hit 100k scratch off twice. Will never happen for me. I wondered how much he spent on then a year to hit two over the year.
Posted By: gcs

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 04:28 PM

I know a couple guys, "scratchers" we call them, spend up to 20-30 bucks a day on those things, yeah, sometimes they win a little, but it just goes for more scratching....hard to beat the house...

I call it the hillbilly retirement system.... crazy
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 06:52 PM

Their money or money given to them to do what they want why they disdain, you don't play nothing on you, people seek different kinds off cheap entertainment, seems like a bunch of Biden economics here, if they don't like it, you can't have it LOL

Happy New Year, geez !!
Posted By: Spike369

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 08:59 PM

And now she's hooked and will spend her every dollar believing she'll win again.
Posted By: goldnut

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Spike369

And now she's hooked and will spend her every dollar believing she'll win again.

No chance! You know not what you speak of.
Posted By: rex123

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 09:59 PM

Sounds like a lot of Ramsey people on here. Dave that is.
Posted By: midlander

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
Sounds like a lot of Ramsey people on here. Dave that is.

Thats not a bad thing
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/01/24 10:59 PM

Well I'll take a stab at actually answering the question
With using no math (sorry). Wife use to work at a convenience store and so do two friends now. They sell mainly gas, beer and lottery tickets.
They've all told me there are usually a couple decent winners in each roll of tickets. Rarely are the winners close together.
We've talked about people's strategies before and NONE have one that pays out. What was said was it wasn't the people that play all the same tickets in one row that usually win. It is the indiscriminate random buyer that usually cashes in.
If it was me I'd try just like your daughter one shot at each ticket. I only play one once in a blue moon.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/02/24 12:06 AM

So all you trappers are disparaging someone for wasting money on a hobby of their choice, that won't likely make them rich?
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/02/24 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
So all you trappers are disparaging someone for wasting money on a hobby of their choice, that won't likely make them rich?

laugh
Posted By: bowhunter1

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/02/24 12:20 AM

Pa. lottery tickets are a total ripoff and scam ,buy Ohio tickets more winners but yhea lottery is a scam!

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/02/24 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Turtledale

Well I'll take a stab at actually answering the question
With using no math (sorry). Wife use to work at a convenience store and so do two friends now. They sell mainly gas, beer and lottery tickets.
They've all told me there are usually a couple decent winners in each roll of tickets. Rarely are the winners close together.
We've talked about people's strategies before and NONE have one that pays out. What was said was it wasn't the people that play all the same tickets in one row that usually win. It is the indiscriminate random buyer that usually cashes in.
If it was me I'd try just like your daughter one shot at each ticket. I only play one once in a blue moon.

Thank you........I see my way of thinking was wrong (again). I always told her she was doing it wrong, little did I know.......

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/02/24 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Exactly- I believe scratch tickets would be more lucrative.
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: PA scratch off lottery tickets....... - 01/02/24 01:28 AM

Old trapper over here would buy a roll hoping
for a boggie while mostly breaking even.
He advised staying away from the holiday version.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums