Home

Are you over 18?

Posted By: Law Dog

Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 01:20 AM

Nope not being a pervert. LOL Just noticing the need to check a yes or no box on gun/ammo web sites now what’s the deal? It seems totally useless like drop box voting who would know? Is it some liability thing I just don’t see the point of it really.

Anybody have clue of the point?
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 01:21 AM

I have been 18 on the internet since I was 14
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 01:42 AM

I miss the days when every gas station had at least 22, 30 06, and shotgun ammo that any kid with some fur, paper route or lawn mowing money could buy.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 01:51 AM

My age fools people into thinking that I am a adult
Posted By: DWC

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 01:57 AM

I hunt with a buddy’s kid who is 19. He said walmart wouldnt sell him shotgun shells the other day.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 02:10 AM

Delete post
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 03:01 AM

I got carded to buy cough syrup yesterday.
I'll be 59 in a few weeks.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 03:15 AM

the kid at farm and fleet asked to see my ID yesterday , he says I am sure your over 18 but ,,, I flipped out my ID and he was like cool

and yes all my kids are over 18 some even over 21

they are really just checking that is says Wisconsin and not ILL-state cause they have stores in ILL so they have to check FOID

that are you over 18 thing started showing up on any gun or ammo website after one of the school shootings last year I guess it's a lawyer thing or something.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 03:24 AM

Sometimes it is a company policy thing.
Pick and Save has such a policy.
I have said "Marcy, you're my cousin and we graduated together 40 years ago, why do you need to see my ID?"

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Nelly
Sometimes it is a company policy thing.
Pick and Save has such a policy.
I have said "Marcy, you're my cousin and we graduated together 40 years ago, why do you need to see my ID?"

yup my grandma shopped Pick and Slave , getting carded at 91 then she broke a hip and couldn't do her own grocery shopping.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 04:33 AM

CYA on the part of the corporate internet. At this point non enforceable just a "they said they were 18" cover. Tomorrow it'll be the internet knowing, as if it doesn't already, and controlling what you have access to based on more than just age.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
My age fools people into thinking that I am a adult

here I thought you were a dult grin
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 04:45 AM

I have the mind of an 8 year old and the beard of a 12 year old.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Dan Barnhurst

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 04:53 AM

At Walmart yesterday a 20 year old kid asked to see my ID to buy Nyquil. I'm 66. Have to have ID to by cold meds but not to vote!

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dan Barnhurst
At Walmart yesterday a 20 year old kid asked to see my ID to buy Nyquil. I'm 66. Have to have ID to by cold meds but not to vote!

you have to have an ID to not be trespassing on federal land also

it isn't about making sense it's about making sure they maximize the votes
Posted By: Tommyran

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nelly
I got carded to buy cough syrup yesterday.
I'll be 59 in a few weeks.

Yup, recently carded for same and I'm 65. Hilarious!
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 12:57 PM

Bought alcohol from 16 on no questions asked
Posted By: super cub

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 12:59 PM

Last week my youngest son who is 39 went to buy a can of spray case lube at bi mart wanted to check his id. He told them to keep it
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 01:34 PM

Now I need an FFL to sell ammo in NY because I need to run a background check on every sale.
I got carded at at a sports store. I'm 78 and well known in the area. Sir we need the photo ID and # they do not know who you are.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 01:40 PM

Same thing to buy a can of spray paint.

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 01:46 PM

It make little sense they sell it to you anyways. It makes even less sense on the internet a 4 year old could click on the box.

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 01:58 PM

[Linked Image]
I'm Going to get a fake I'd made that says I'm 17
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 02:21 PM

I got asked if I qualify for senior citizens discounts since I was 35......

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391

The first time they asked me I was kind of offended then I asked, “ how much of a discount?” LOL

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Originally Posted by lumberjack391

The first time they asked me I was kind of offended then I asked, “ how much of a discount?” LOL

Right!
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 03:05 PM

Oh I took them up on it...no bad deed goes unpunished.
Posted By: goldnut

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 03:09 PM

After the Oklahoma bombing we were at camp. I went to get 2 20# propane tanks filled at a local station. I had to give my name and address to get them filled. Never had to before or since. Folks sure were on edge then.
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
I have the mind of an 8 year old and the beard of a 12 year old.

Moosetrot

Lucky! Never could get the 12 year old beard going. If I let it grow I am joe dirting it through life!
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 03:47 PM

Too funny, I get checked each time I buy cough syrup. I am not far from 80, really, These young kids that work Walmart come over to my self check out register after they hear an alarm that goes off when I scan that item.:)

I said do you think I am old and responsible enough to buy this stuff. One little gal one time said could I show her my ID. I said you have to be kidding. grin I guess that could be a compliment there some where?
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 08:36 PM

DON"T EVER TRUST THE INTERNET.
Posted By: T-REV

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 08:56 PM

I was buying beer from local stores when I was 16. Benefits of having a deep voice and premature gray hair. Im 33 now and almost solid gray.
Posted By: lestan101

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/01/24 10:13 PM

When I get carded, I show them then tell them " I'm only 12 but I've lived a hard life".
Posted By: RockCrick

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/02/24 05:14 AM

I got carded at Wal-Mart for a shovel on saturday?!?
Posted By: Finster

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/02/24 12:35 PM

My mind is 18, my body is 104

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/02/24 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
My mind is 18, my body is 104

Many days it's that way
Posted By: Actor

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/02/24 07:01 PM

I was grocery shopping at Walmart a couple of weeks ago... I had a cart full of groceries and on box of nicotine gum, the last item to be rung up. The young gal ask to see my divers license... "What for?" "for the gum" I normally don't take my wallet into Walmart. I just stick my debt card in my packet.

I told her I didn't have it with me. she said you will need to show some ID. I told her... you see these groceries on bagged up in this cart? Well, if I have to go to my car and get some form of ID... I am going to keep on going and you sweet thing, can worry about sorting all of this crap out and putting it back on the shelf.

She looked at the cart full of bags... then looked back at me... and said, "I guess you are over 21." Then she finished ringing me out .

Garry-

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/02/24 07:25 PM

most of the time around here it is the register asking for a DOB the register is happy if they enter some thing

rattle off a date that is about your DOB my public DOB is 7/4/76 an not one person has ever said ohh a bicentennial baby , just enter it and keep going
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/02/24 09:35 PM

I was able to get served and buy beer in any bar when I was 14. The drinking age was 18 then, but if I didn't shave from Wednesday to Saturday no worries. Had to know how to talk older, know who older people were, and of course BS really well.

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/02/24 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
I was able to get served and buy beer in any bar when I was 14. The drinking age was 18 then, but if I didn't shave from Wednesday to Saturday no worries. Had to know how to talk older, know who older people were, and of course BS really well.

I always looked a bit older and yup don't act like a kid I was working as a mechanic at 17 used to go to happy hour with the guys I worked with.
If I was going to stop for the beer at the grocery store do it still wearing my uniform name on my shirt.
look like you had a-day pay cash which was the norm back then if you didn't write a check.

man I though I was in trouble when the cop stopped in and started talking to the liquor store manager who was ringing me out , nope just took my cash like any other time no one even suspected. I got carded for the first time at 40 and it was a new village ordinance in Oregon WI that they had to card every person every time , it was so unpopular they had the village boards phone numbers on slips to pull off like some one selling something on the bulletin board.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/02/24 11:42 PM

I never have been actually carded. I was told not to come back to a bar once. I was 16 walked in, and had to leave my letter jacket in my truck, lol, was 20 below in a polo-style shirt, girls in the truck. I order 5 flats of PBR, and a voice across the bar says Brian, I look and it is one of my brother's classmates, a gossip motormouth, he is 6 years older than I. She says your 18, I'm like yep been a while now, bar owner says uhmm you probably shouldn't come back. I took my flats of PBR and left for the last time.

Was snowmobiling with three buddies, walked into a bar on a lake, ordered two pizzas, and pitchers of beer. I look across the bar and there sits my high school principal, she was a not appropriate word on Trapperman. I slip out the side door quickly, I was in sports.

Good memories.

Re: Are you over 18? - 01/03/24 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
I never have been actually carded. I was told not to come back to a bar once. I was 16 walked in, and had to leave my letter jacket in my truck, lol, was 20 below in a polo-style shirt, girls in the truck. I order 5 flats of PBR, and a voice across the bar says Brian, I look and it is one of my brother's classmates, a gossip motormouth, he is 6 years older than I. She says your 18, I'm like yep been a while now, bar owner says uhmm you probably shouldn't come back. I took my flats of PBR and left for the last time.

Was snowmobiling with three buddies, walked into a bar on a lake, ordered two pizzas, and pitchers of beer. I look across the bar and there sits my high school principal, she was a not appropriate word on Trapperman. I slip out the side door quickly, I was in sports.

Good memories.

ahh Wisconsin , were your kids old Sunday school teacher now owns the bar with best fish fry in town.
they open at 11 every day of the week , church is at 9.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums