Home

Looking for a fur buyer in SWLA

Posted By: SWLAhobbytrapper

Looking for a fur buyer in SWLA - 12/27/23 02:14 AM

Hey guys great forum y’all have here and thanks for having me. Me and my son are doing a little trapping just for fun and catching mostly nutria rat and coons. I’m looking for a fur buyer in Southwest Louisiana that would want to buy some green pelts. It doesn’t even have to be a real fur buyer maybe just a bigger trapper that brings his to a buyer and would want to buy our few pelts from us. Thanks!
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Looking for a fur buyer in SWLA - 12/27/23 04:04 AM

https://www.rpoutdoors.com/

Mansfield, Louisiana

I've sent them green, frozen pelts several years ago. Fair grading and price for that year's market.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Looking for a fur buyer in SWLA - 12/27/23 02:17 PM

Welcome toTman!!!
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Looking for a fur buyer in SWLA - 12/27/23 04:51 PM

R&P is the buyers we use.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Looking for a fur buyer in SWLA - 12/27/23 05:01 PM

Perry Fur in Oakdale

[Linked Image]
Posted By: otterdog

Re: Looking for a fur buyer in SWLA - 12/27/23 08:04 PM

Also Ronnie Lewing in Many. Real good guy.
Posted By: SWLAhobbytrapper

Re: Looking for a fur buyer in SWLA - 12/27/23 10:46 PM

Very grateful for the replies fellas. We are so small time that we may end up with only a couple dozen to sell. Any of y’all that trap around southwest Louisiana that would want to buy them? If not I guess we’ll just make the drive to Oakdale one day and see Danny Perry. Thanks again!
Posted By: Swampghost

Re: Looking for a fur buyer in SWLA - 12/28/23 12:40 AM

Danny would have been my suggestion based on where you are.

Just thought of something...RP used to have a buyer that came to different spots to buy fur. It might be worth a call to see if they still do that. Considering the prices though, I kind of doubt it.
Posted By: Yellowbelly

Re: Looking for a fur buyer in SWLA - 12/28/23 12:53 AM

Perry was interested in nutria otter and beaver last year the raccoons will be hard to find a buyer for but make great practice if you want to start tanning
© 2024 Trapperman Forums