Home

Finally paid off my Medical bill!

Posted By: elsmasho82

Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 07:45 PM

Well, I didn’t catch anything in my mountain traps, but I DID pay off my out of pocket expenses for my MRI! Almost a grand….health insurance is such a racket.
But now maybe I can put that monthly savings into something more fun?!
Maybe a coyote fur cloak?!
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 07:51 PM

Congrats. Medical expenses are crazy, quit working and go on state aid then it is free.
Posted By: Mando

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by elsmasho82
Well, I didn’t catch anything in my mountain traps, but I DID pay off my out of pocket expenses for my MRI! Almost a grand….health insurance is such a racket.

Or use it to build your 6 months expenses emergency fund. That way you have cash to pay off your next surprise immediately. Just sayin.

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by SundanceMtnMan
Congrats. Medical expenses are crazy, quit working and go on state aid then it is free.

Doesn’t that burn you???? They get the best insurance and they’re buggies are full of the best food in the grocery store and WE are paying for it.
Meanwhile the only name brand anything in my house is Heinz ketchup. Everything else is what I can afford
Posted By: 160user

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 08:01 PM

The only time it is OK to go to the doctor is if Super Glue won't stop the bleeding.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 08:18 PM

Good job Rick! That is a big cat.

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
The only time it is OK to go to the doctor is if Super Glue won't stop the bleeding.

These were wraparound headaches. Felt like there was a boulder in my brain.

We have skin glue at work and I’m not ashamed to say I’ve used it on some slashes
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 08:48 PM

Get some Obummer care coverage like all those happy folks on the commercials that pay nothing or $25 for coverage. wink

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Get some Obummer care coverage like all those happy folks on the commercials that pay nothing or $25 for coverage. wink

Ha ha those bums probably don’t work either.

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 09:20 PM

That’s what I keep telling myself also.
Posted By: Mando

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 09:21 PM

True. Some retired people use it too.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by backroadsarcher
Good job Rick! That is a big cat.

I can't see how this fits the thread. Maybe I ate too much ham and can't think right lol
Posted By: Oreamnos

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 09:39 PM

Congratulations! Good job paying that off!

Consider looking into a health share. You get a cash pay discount and often times you pay less than a standard insurance plan deductible. Most of them don't pay for routine doctor visits though so if you see a doctor for regular observations it may not make sense for you. Yearly checkups and the like are usually not a problem though with the cash pay discount. Health shares typically pay per "event".

Pediatrician bills out an itemized bill of around $1200 for a yearly well check. After cash pay discount: around $120
Yearly physical with the cash pay discount is around $150 dollars including labs.

A pregnancy "event" costs a total of about $9k after the cash pay discount. That includes the OB's part, anesthesia, OR time, and the hospital stay. With our plan we were only responsible for about $1000 of that.

I firmly believe typical insurance companies are a bloated tic that sucks off the teat of society.
Posted By: Guss

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 09:39 PM

Medical is scam today and the idiots in DC won't do anything about it

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Guss

It’s called lobbyists Sir. When a hospital can charge thousands for healthcare and call themselves non profit something is not right.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 09:44 PM

Congrats. No what really burns is if you go to the ER and they turn you away because there is a illegal sitting in every room. That just happened to my wife. She had impacted colon. I was gone . My daughter in law called EMS . By time I got to hospital my wife was LAYING IN THE FLOOR in the waiting area of the ER. I ask the girl if they had a gurny to lay her on she said no. I put her in the car and drove her to the next county over. I bet the hospital didn't ask for an ID let alone for insurance co pay from the illegals.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Guss

It’s called lobbyists Sir. When a hospital can charge thousands for healthcare and call themselves non profit something is not right.

Anything can be called non profit if you give the head dogs a big enough bonus...
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mando

Or use it to build your 6 months expenses emergency fund. That way you have cash to pay off your next surprise immediately. Just sayin.

Medical costs are ridiculously high and all insurance is a rip-off, but you will wish you had some of you have a major event like heart surgery....

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Congrats. No what really burns is if you go to the ER and they turn you away because there is a illegal sitting in every room. That just happened to my wife. She had impacted colon. I was gone . My daughter in law called EMS . By time I got to hospital my wife was LAYING IN THE FLOOR in the waiting area of the ER. I ask the girl if they had a gurny to lay her on she said no. I put her in the car and drove her to the next county over. I bet the hospital didn't ask for an ID let alone for insurance co pay from the illegals.

That is terrible!
Side note I hope she is okay now. My mom has had two bowel obstructions and I’ve never seen her in such misery. NG tube for days until they said okay that’s enough we are taking you to surgery again.
Honestly, ANIMAL medicine works smoother. People will pitch a living fit if you don’t call them the next morning with their bloodwork results for Fido.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 10:07 PM

At least you had fun with the mountain trapping, congratulations on paying off the bill I’m fortunate to have good insurance but still pay a pretty good amount.

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
At least you had fun with the mountain trapping, congratulations on paying off the bill I’m fortunate to have good insurance but still pay a pretty good amount.

It was a lot of fun. Went deep into the mountain a far ways. Without the quad nor these few days off work, we couldn’t have attempted it. We saw Bobcat tracks tho! They were so big it could have been a mountain lion! I imagined what the tough men of old times went through. Wandering vast areas on foot and with heavy loads of traps and fur! Exciting
Posted By: James

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 10:24 PM

In Japan, MRIs cost almost exactly ONE-TENTH as much as they do here.

I keep asking myself how that can be.

Jim

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by James

Jim

Right, and people don’t litter, and stores are all self pay with no security guards! Plus the food?!? Oh sign me up for a trip! Just need a Shinto ceremony to cleanse me of Fayette County stank!
Posted By: charles

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/25/23 11:21 PM

I haven’t paid a dime for healthcare in any many years. I have Medicare, a supplement G, and TriCare. Past employer pays the supplement and Uncle Sam pays the TriCare for Life.

I do have small deductibles for prescription drugs through TriCare. Never have a doctor or hospital bill that isn’t paid for 100%.
Posted By: BandB

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/26/23 01:52 AM

Jim

I don't think Japan allows in millions of freeloaders every year. Somebody has to pay for them.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/26/23 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by BandB

Jim

I don't think Japan allows in millions of freeloaders ever year. Somebody has to pay for them.

^^^^^^^
THIS!

Japan is one of the most xenophobic cultures on Earth.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/27/23 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mando

Not fun...but smart

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/27/23 02:00 PM

The week I paid my $3,000 part of my hernia surgery I was comforted by hearing the Hospital and just helped the millionth person in Africa who did not pay a dime. LOL I can’t express the joy I felt knowing that bit of information. frown
Posted By: run

Re: Finally paid off my Medical bill! - 12/27/23 02:22 PM

Congratulations, elmosha!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums