Home

Fur sale sat the 16th

Posted By: Birdman382

Fur sale sat the 16th - 12/18/23 01:04 AM

Sold my fur, one 3X female coon put up and was a second week of Nov catch. Got $8.00 which was good but 10 years ago would have been $45.00 coon. One coyote large was worthless put up, yes it had a rub on the back soI will tan it myself. Now the rub with the 46 pound beaver. This beaver was a Dec catch but was not put up as GFW would rather flesh them. I said 46 pounder, he said it would not be a super blanket it would not make 35 inches. Well Dad and I would get a super out of a beaver less than 46 pounds. We made them round not oblong like now. He gave me $32.00, I was trying for $40.00. I seen many coon being given back to the seller as well as coyote. The one guy had early Oct coon as well as Jan Feb coon, they were not fleshed. I like to put up coon. All in all I think he paid me Ok just not super OK. Until the war get settled I will not chase coon or coyote next year. We need to at least get gas money. I do like the sport so there we go.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Fur sale sat the 16th - 12/18/23 01:39 AM

Thanks for the report, Birdman. It's always interesting to hear what's going on out there. The way to look at today's market is to have as much fun as you can afford!
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Fur sale sat the 16th - 12/18/23 01:40 AM

Thank you for posting.
Posted By: Birdman382

Re: Fur sale sat the 16th - 12/21/23 04:04 AM

Going to set again tomorrow as surgery went well. Doc gave me the go ahead.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums