Need Help With Scope Please

Posted By: Bearcub

Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 08:15 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Need Help with Scope Please , trying to get post inserted in hole , Post has a C Clip on shaft
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 08:32 PM

I'd probably help that scope to the trash can.

But, maybe you can fix it...so it will work properly and can be trusted.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 08:33 PM

Trash

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 08:48 PM

Why the Hate ? The Man is Struggling maybe he doesn’t have the money to go to the store and buy a Leuopold, Hate Has No Home Here !!
Posted By: 160user

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bearcub
Why the Hate ? The Man is Struggling maybe he doesn’t have the money to go to the store and buy a Leuopold, Hate Has No Home Here !!

It is called honesty. That scope needs to be professionally repaired or more likely, replaced. Then the turret comes OUT they are trash.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 09:47 PM

Some times people mistake the truth for hate. If the C clip goes inside, which I am guessing it does you are out of luck. Unless you can take the scope apart and put the clip on from the inside. Even if you get it back together, I would bet it will fog up inside. You can get used Tasco's starting at about $25 shipped on E-bay.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 09:49 PM

Super glue and put it on the Trapper Shed for cheap, lol.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 09:57 PM

Hate?

Lol!

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 10:27 PM

The man asked politely for help , He said Please , if you can’t Help him why Bash him ? Maybe he has holes in his shoes ?
Posted By: charles

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 10:38 PM

Almost impossible to repair any optic, scope or binocs. For that reason, consider purchasing a used scope with a lifetime guarantee.

About 15 years ago I saw a pair of non-working Swarovski binocs on eBay for $65. Bought them and returned to the repair center for free warranty service. They came back working perfectly with no charge. I have two Leupold Goldring variables made before click adjustments. Both have gone back and both still work just fine. I rarely use them.as they are now on TC carbine barrels.

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 10:42 PM

The man asked politely for help , He said Please , if you can’t Help him why Bash him ? Maybe he has holes in his shoes ?

"the man"......."He".........."Him"..........Aren't you the original poster?
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 10:59 PM

What scope is it. I may have one sitting around here you could have.

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 11:11 PM

It’s a Tasco , I will pay you Sir

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 11:17 PM

If a man has holes in his shoes and asks for help I Don’t tell him to throw his shoes away , I offer help with tape or glue or I say quietly I don’t know how to repair !

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 11:32 PM

At what point do you get realistic with him and tell him his shoes are beyond repair and simply need to be replaced?

What brand and power is the scope that needs to be replaced?
Posted By: MJM

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 11:59 PM

I already said there are Tasco scopes for $25 shipped. Do you need a cheaper option? Throw some tape around it. Duct tape holds well and you can get it in about any color you want.

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/19/23 11:59 PM

It’s a Tasco Straight 4 piwer
Posted By: charles

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 12:06 AM

I think someone is reading more into this than is intended. If anyone knows how to fix this scope, please share your knowledge, optical equipment you use, and your gas charging system with us.

A shoe with a hole in it might also be beyond repair. As a kid in the 50s, I put baseball cards in mine until we went to town.

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 12:14 AM

It looks like I don't have a straight 4X. This one is a 3-12x32. If it will work for you, you can have it. PM me your mailing address and I will send it Tuesday.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: WSD Trapper

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 12:23 AM

Tasco had a lifetime warranty at one time. Not sure if they still do or not. Might be worth contacting them to find out. I know that won't fix the immediate problem but it is an option.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 12:28 AM

I have a straight 4 power I took off a gun I bought that you can have also, if interested. I don't know its history.

I'm with the others, that one in pic is a goner.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 12:30 AM

What size work boots do you wear? I have an old pair of Danners that ain't wore all the way through you can have.
(Feeling nice today for some reason.)
Posted By: patfundine

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 01:06 AM

[Linked Image]

I too have a Tasco straight 4 in my pile of stuff I'll never use. If you really need it let me know

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 01:13 AM

Pat, is that a knife I see in the picture? You know you aren't allowed to have anything sharp!
Posted By: patfundine

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 01:50 AM

[Linked Image]

It's just a little knife. I would have expected you to comment on the other stuff like the carbine barrel or the Leopold scope next to it.
Posted By: Osagan

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by WSD Trapper
Tasco had a lifetime warranty at one time.

They quit that when they moved their manufacture to China. The old Japanese Tasco scopes were first rate.

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by patfundine
[Linked Image]

It's just a little knife. I would have expected you to comment on the other stuff like the carbine barrel or the Leopold scope next to it.

No need to comment on the others. Now I see an adult sized blade at the top of the pictures. Don't worry, I will get help headed your way. I know those "child proof" bags are frustrating but still.....
Posted By: WSD Trapper

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Osagian
Tasco had a lifetime warranty at one time.

They quit that when they moved their manufacture to China. The old Japanese Tasco scopes were first rate.

Did not know that. For a bargain scope they weren't bad. The 3X9 X 40 I have is a Japanese scope. Bought around 1985. Still clear. Still tracks true on adjustments.
Posted By: Hoffy

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 04:30 AM

Tasco had a lifetime warranty at one time. Not sure if they still do or not. Might be worth contacting them to find out. I know that won't fix the immediate problem but it is an option.

I’d at least call and see. Worst thing they can say is no. It looks like if it’s not your fault their warranty should cover it.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 04:36 AM

Why are you speaking 3rd person? You posted the pics asked for help. You just can't handle honesty. That scope is finished. If it was gas purged, the gas is gone. You can't just fix that at home. Best to cut your losses.

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 04:26 PM

Thanks I am size 13 , I can pay you shipping and then some
Posted By: white17

Re: Need Help With Scope Please - 11/20/23 05:42 PM

This guy is a scam artist and has been banned from this site under at least six other names.

Do not deal with him.

Real name is Mike Potocek.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums