Home

Ambien, anybody take it?

Posted By: charles

Ambien, anybody take it? - 11/17/23 04:53 PM

I was prescribed Ambien in 2002. It has been very addictive. Tried many times to stop, but never could. I would get the shakes.

About ten days ago the wife and I went out of town for two nights and I forgot to pack my meds. I powered through without my blood pressure meds, prostate meds, and Ambien. Got home and my BP was not elevated. Darn.

No shakes this time. I wonder if going cold turkey without any other meds made a difference? Maybe my meds have been battling each other. I don’t sleep as well but I think Mother Nature will gradually correct that.

Any thoughts or experiences on drug withdrawal.
Posted By: Ed Patrick

Re: Ambien, anybody take it? - 11/17/23 05:00 PM

I've been taking Ambien 10 MG plus Benadryl 50mg for 10 years. I work 24 hour shifts (7 per month) so I have to be able to sleep before my shift. I have never experienced any withdrawal side effects. I've tried on a few occasions to just take the Benadryl to fall asleep but no go. With that being said I don't take Ambien daily, only 7 times a month so withdrawal would not be likely in my situation.
In addition I don't take any other meds. If I didn't work 24 gr shifts I wouldn't take the Ambien or Benadryl either.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Ambien, anybody take it? - 11/17/23 06:08 PM

watch out for the walrus!
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Ambien, anybody take it? - 11/17/23 09:33 PM

Have you tried melatonin to help with sleep? Non habit forming.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums