Home

Caps and black powder

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 02:08 AM

How hard is it right now to find caps and black powder ? Has the supply been staying steady or bouncing like everything else ?
Posted By: D.T.

Re: Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 02:42 AM

I just re upped on some Goex which has been essentially impossible to get for the past 2-3 years. I like it the best. Powder, inc has all the kinds. Last time i bought caps i got 1000 so i never have to deal with the hassle again. Of course, prices aren’t what they used to be….

Gunbroker has #11 CCI 1000 for $250
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 03:00 AM

[Linked Image]

Wolf dog.....go with the rock lock... no more cap hunting...plenty of flints around.
Posted By: Starbits

Re: Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 03:02 AM

You might want to look at the youtube channel "everything black powder" He shows how to make your own black powder, how to make it better than Goex, faster and cleaner. Handy knowledge to have when things are scarce.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
[Linked Image]

Wolf dog.....go with the rock lock... no more cap hunting...plenty of flints around.

X2!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 03:20 AM

I bought some 209 today

could have bought some # 11 caps

at Wal fart
Posted By: victor#0

Re: Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 03:34 AM

I haven't had any issue getting black powder however the one and only guy that sells it in Fairbanks said the ATF have been really giving him a hard time. Musket caps have been available but #11's have been impossible to get up here, down in the lower 48 though you can order them and have them shipped. I had no problem finding them online including bricks of 1000 but we can't have them shipped to Alaska. I ordered a tap-o-cap kit for making my own #11 caps for my 32 squirrel rifle and the powder that you mix to go in them. One powder kit will make 2000 caps and the tap-o-cap makes the caps out of aluminum cans. If the ATF has their way with black powder we all might have to start making our own.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
[Linked Image]

Do you buy flints in bulk? Source?
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 01:23 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^ the last place I bought some ....was Track Of The Wolf
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 01:25 PM

The only way I can get bp is online . Swiss is good. Plenty of energy. Real consistent. GOEX was purchased from Hodgdon by Estes model rockets. It is recently available but hard to find. No idea if its the same quality. When you find caps buy as many as you can. If you find them online in stock beware. Check out the seller before you give any card numbers. Lots of scammers.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 02:17 PM

Yep, Rock lock. They fire just as fast as cap if tuned right.

Attached picture 3E180853-7C38-4AD8-AF23-7328BACA398A.jpeg
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 02:48 PM

#11s been hard to.find last few years.
Bought a mixed lot of junk.at an auction for dirt cheap.
In.the bottom of the box was 8 tins of 100, #11s.

Was about to.buy a Tap A Cap and make my own, lol
Posted By: RHuff

Re: Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 04:31 PM

Goex is back in production and lots of shooters are saying quality has improved. I never had a problem with the original.
Posted By: MTtraps

Re: Caps and black powder - 10/30/23 04:52 PM

Grafs has some black powder and percussion caps in stock
© 2024 Trapperman Forums