Home

Wrestlers- you got to love it!

Posted By: Eagleye

Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 12:11 PM

When asked on Jordan's chances as Speaker:

Gingrich was complimentary of the House Judiciary Committee chairman, saying, "In his wrestling career, he was 156-1, he won two national championships. And if you know competitive wrestlers, they're very focused, they're very determined, they have an enormous instinct for figuring out how to get the other person to lose."
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 12:39 PM

156-1. Loser! lol.

No doubt good wrestlers are a different breed.
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

No doubt good wrestlers are a different breed.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4zebra61

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 02:15 PM

What Eagleye said!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 04:13 PM

He might be good but is he savage?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TC1

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 06:07 PM

Wrestling was a sport invented for short people not coordinated or athletic enough to play basketball…. ;-)
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 06:18 PM

The great ones are superior technicians
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 06:18 PM

Fake
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 06:19 PM

Basketball players dribble in their shorts and play with others balls. Wrestlers do more in 6 minutes than basketball players do in a year. Coached for 27 years.

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 06:42 PM

Wrestling is what Men do during Boys Basketball Season

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 07:00 PM

Rolling around in tights and grabbing each other lying on a padded floor…. If the lights went out during a match, it could be mistaken for guy on guy 🌽….. laugh
Posted By: Kong

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 09:09 PM

156-28-1 at the University of Wisconsin. Two national titles. Beat John Smith in the NCAA finals as a junior. I think he was a4 time High School champ. I would love to see you make in fun of him to his face for rolling around on a mat.
Posted By: Ltrman

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
Basketball players dribble in their shorts and play with others balls. Wrestlers do more in 6 minutes than basketball players do in a year. Coached for 27 years.

You mean standing around and pushing each other for 5 of those 6 minutes? Play with others balls? What is all that high crotch grabbing? Lolololol It's a sport dying so fast they had to encourage the girls to start doing it to keep it alive. They used to charge money to see that and you had to be at least 18 to watch lolololol
Posted By: Kong

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 09:34 PM

It is too bad you are so ignorant about the sport being from Iowa.

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 09:53 PM

Wrestling is one of the hardest technical and physical sports there is high school and college are rough as far as WWE is concerned those guys are showman but are great athletes and are very talented
Posted By: imiller

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kong
It is too bad you are so ignorant about the sport being from Iowa.

x2
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/17/23 11:40 PM

Hey this is all supposed to be kid friendly guys
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 12:02 AM

Wrestlers have the highest average IQ of any US athletes and their fans have the highest average IQ of any US sport's fans.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/revealed-study-reveals-smartest-sports-141000093.html

If MMA sports were included in the studies, I strongly suspect that the athletes and fans would have higher IQs like wrestlers and their fans.

I like Jim Jordan. He is my representative and was born in my county. My youngest brother knows and likes Jim.

Keith
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 12:36 AM

In the UFC fights the best grappler usually comes out on top. So to say..
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by TC1
Wrestling was a sport invented for short people not coordinated or athletic enough to play basketball…. ;-)

You should tell a wrestler that and see how it turns out!
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
He might be good but is he savage?

[Linked Image]

That;s wrasslin, not wrestling. grin
Posted By: Coyote Chaser

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 01:48 AM

The best thing on a basketball floor is wrestling mats from door to door
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 01:54 AM

As our son's HS wrestling coach stated and had a sign above his door. "boys play basketball, men wrestle"

Bryce
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 02:03 AM

Women's mud wrestling is the only wrestling worth watching

The rest is either fake or gay

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
Originally Posted by TC1

You should tell a wrestler that and see how it turns out!

Back in the good old days when guys could have fun at street dances and such I did, several times, never any the worse for the wear. Must have struck a nerve and got all you guys leotards up in a bunch.. lol
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 02:32 PM

I enjoyed wearing the tights

They separated the men from the boys........

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 02:36 PM

I usually troll for walleyes, but I can see this is fun also.. have a nice day fellas.
Posted By: K9BeavCoon

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 02:38 PM

Wrestled and coached. I don’t know if another sport that gives the same gut check that wrestling does. Short of boxing and fighting, name a sport where it’s just you vs an opponent. There’s no team mates to blame or pick up your slack. You only have 6 minutes to figure out strategy not 4 quarters. No time for coach to sit you down, wipe your nose, give you and hug and tell you what to change to win. At the end of the match there’s only yourself to blame if you lose. There’s a lot of gravity in that and very applicable to everyday life. There are turds in every sport but by and far, it’s a sport of straight grit. For example, the largest demographic of guys to pass SEAL training are wrestlers. I listened to an interview with the former owner of Blackwater and he said they were actually going to state wrestling tournaments to recruit just for that reason.

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 05:24 PM

To be fair there are several HS sports that are individual competitions.

I've been to several wrestling tourneys over the years with Armed Forces recruiting booths set up. Won't see that at any other sport.

I played basketball in high school, my son wrestled.

I'd the last place finishers of a state wresttling tournament into battle or work than I would the state champion basket team or the all state selections.

It's a different mindset to say th eleast
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 05:31 PM

The guys who stay away from wrestling do so because they get aroused when they get close to another guy and they get uncomfortable.

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
To be fair there are several HS sports that are individual competitions.

I've been to several wrestling tourneys over the years with Armed Forces recruiting booths set up. Won't see that at any other sport.

I played basketball in high school, my son wrestled.

I'd the last place finishers of a state wresttling tournament into battle or work than I would the state champion basket team or the all state selections.

It's a different mindset to say th eleast

I know everyone is pulling each other's pigtails and all high school level sports are important and should be well supported, the kids work hard and parents should be proud. Wrestling is one of those sports where the conditioning is extreme and most wrestlers acknowledge swimmers as the closest equivalent to their sport. If you qualify for state in the bell curve weight classes in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa- you paid your dues to get there. My son had the privilege of wrestling for the Wisconsin State Championship at 152, he skin folded at 3% body fat and could only wrestle up not down in weight classes, he was a mixed martial artist with a 4.0 GPA- he was inundated with MMA opportunities in his senior year and the wrestling background was more sought out that his marital arts background. He respectfully declined and preserved his brain cells for college and he attended every basketball game to support his friends and school. Not all sports are created equal- that's ok.

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/18/23 10:36 PM

Wrestling was a big deal in high school total respect for them , local MMA hero Matt Hughes was an outstanding high school wrestler as well as his brother Mark , I work with a man that wrestled against the Hughes boys in high school and he said those 3 would kill you in both strength and supreme technical skills. They were after my time so I never witnessed them in person wish I could have

Re: Wrestlers- you got to love it! - 10/19/23 12:46 AM

For sure eagle eye, I'd lump in the elite cross country runners as well.

The thing that impressed me most watching my son wrestle was the level of sportsmanship expected and displayed
© 2024 Trapperman Forums