Home

Nd sharp tail and huns

Posted By: Dstone1992

Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/20/23 09:57 AM

Rolling through Minneapolis headed home from north dakota. We had a blast although the weather was a little hot for the dogs so we hunted 3 half days. First day we limited out in 2 hours and the following 2 days we ended up with about 10 more birds. I'm super proud of my young dog she just turned 1 and had some stellar points!
. Headed home we saw a moose that was a first. He had some bad feet his hooves were grown way out and curled up. Great time with good friends. We will be staying longer next time!

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/20/23 09:59 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/20/23 10:03 AM

Where were you up there? Looks like a great trip.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/20/23 11:19 AM

Looks like a great trip and I'd a lot rather hunt birds when its 20 degrees too cold than 20 degrees too hot. That I'd hard on dogs and fat kids like myself.

That moose needs s hoof trimmer and if he ever finds one, my suggestion would be to NOT arm wrestle the man.
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/20/23 01:09 PM

Sounds like a great trip. Been seeing around in places that never had them before. He looks like a nice one.
Meeting family up there in a few weeks. What did the pheasant numbers look like?
Posted By: Pirogue

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/20/23 01:27 PM

No idea about moose but whitetails will grow hooves like you describe if they contract EHD and survive it.
Posted By: conibearguy

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/20/23 02:19 PM

That is awesome! Cannot wait for my October trip up there. Last year was a blast.
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/20/23 09:13 PM

Unless the people you are hunting with are real jerks it is hard to not have a good while on a bird hunting trip Thanks for the pics

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/20/23 09:38 PM

North West part of the state is where we were. Taking my dog June to see a stud dog tomorrow. I'm hoping they lock up. I was on the fence about breeding her right before pheasant season but it will give me time to work with the pup more and June only goes into heat once a year so it would be the same situation next year.

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/20/23 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Looks like a great trip and I'd a lot rather hunt birds when its 20 degrees too cold than 20 degrees too hot. That I'd hard on dogs and fat kids like myself.

That moose needs s hoof trimmer and if he ever finds one, my suggestion would be to NOT arm wrestle the man.

You nailed it on the head with that one.

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/20/23 10:16 PM

I have used enough bad judgment to now have a little dab of good judgement, I try not to use it but that is another story LOL
grin

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/20/23 10:31 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/20/23 10:38 PM

Very nice... Im envious.

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/21/23 02:05 AM

That photo should get framed up and / or put on a calendar
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Nd sharp tail and huns - 09/21/23 02:06 AM