Home

southern trappers

Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

southern trappers - 09/03/23 09:38 PM

you guys are tuff, I CAN'T STAND THIS HEAT AND HUNIDTY went out early to check traps, and add a few [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
only a two-year-old but dang I was sweating. I don't know how you guys can do it down there.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: southern trappers - 09/03/23 10:01 PM

I use to take extra shirts with me. I judged how hot it was by how many shirts I went through in a day. I've had as many as seven shirt changes in a day.
Posted By: Arkiefur

Re: southern trappers - 09/03/23 10:12 PM

Aw, it hasn't been bad. Just 104 to 110 with 115 to 120 degree chill factor! grin
Posted By: Boco

Re: southern trappers - 09/03/23 10:32 PM

Its getting hot here for next couple days-supposed to hit 35 c (40c humidex) tomorrow.
I can almost guarantee some thunderstorms tues or wed after that to cool things back down.
I remember back in 1971,labour day weekend in Cochrane I shot a red fox in 4 inches of fresh snow with my new Rem 788 in 22 250.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: southern trappers - 09/03/23 10:33 PM

Now when you say south....like NC and Virginia....or like the actual deep south down here in Ms and LA ? grin
Posted By: Boy Named Sue

Re: southern trappers - 09/03/23 10:54 PM

Trapping in the heat and humidity takes some of the fun out of it for sure, but it beats having a job every time.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: southern trappers - 09/03/23 11:47 PM

Still trying to figure out how they fought a civil war down here in those thick uniforms. Probably had more die from heat stroke than bullets.
Posted By: misterb

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 12:05 AM

In a couple months the southern trappers will be saying the same about you
Posted By: Slipknot

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Now when you say south....like NC and Virginia....or like the actual deep south down here in Ms and LA ? grin

That's what I was wondering too.
Posted By: lcd

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 11:41 AM

on a positive note, we don't break ice to catch beaver!!
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
I use to take extra shirts with me. I judged how hot it was by how many shirts I went through in a day. I've had as many as seven shirt changes in a day.

Doesn’t the new shirt just get soaked right away? Or changing so sweat doesn’t drop all over the sets?

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Still trying to figure out how they fought a civil war down here in those thick uniforms. Probably had more die from heat stroke than bullets.

It wasn’t this hot back then…..global warming …haha.
Hot up here too, in the 30s. Today should be the last day then I’m counting on storms over night to make me some $$.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 12:02 PM

Nice pictures^^^
Posted By: MChewk

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 12:03 PM

I am on board to what Roy said.
The dang heat and bugs(we don't have snake and gators) will sure take the fun out of trapping....It's ALL work in the heat.

Way to go Dave aka BNS!
Posted By: Yellowbelly

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 02:21 PM

In south la during the summertime you won't catch me without pedialite and an extra shirt in the truck. The pedialite has saved me from heat stroke more than once while commercial fishing. The extra shirt is for when you have to run into the store .
Posted By: warrior

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 02:31 PM

Cornstarch is your friend.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Shakeyjake
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

Doesn’t the new shirt just get soaked right away? Or changing so sweat doesn’t drop all over the sets

I put on a dry shirt when I get back to the truck and turn on the A/C, and head for the next site. Driving in a wet shirt is no fun for me.
Posted By: doublesettrigger

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Cornstarch is your friend.

I don't know about that. I poured a bunch of cornstarch out in my yard and it was still awfully hot.
Rickey
Posted By: Trappeur Gunny

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 03:59 PM

A boot dryer for boots and gloves is a must have, as a dry shirt to change into. Sometimes I bring a change of socks. And a ton of powder Gatorade Zero.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 04:45 PM

Ya'll wasting too much time changing clothe's and making mixed drinks, haha

on a positive note, we don't break ice to catch beaver!!

I did a few winters ago! Did make walking across the swamp alot easier, not marring up to your butt ever step of the way, lol. Like walking across a parking lot.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 04:53 PM

Been a lot of 3 shirt days this year longest stretch I can remember of it being like this it’s been like that all over don’t think I could do it everyday.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 05:44 PM

At my age, I will take an air conditioning building over melting in high humidity. Trapping in anything over 50 degrees starts to be miserable and not enjoyable. Of course, I’m getting spoiled, you Alaska people can also have that -30 stuff.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 06:39 PM

Up here..the only time I put an extra shirt on ...is when I tip ovah crossing a steam.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 06:44 PM

Try trapping here in December, most days you’re still changing shirts. It’s not just Summer time.
Posted By: Savell

Re: southern trappers - 09/04/23 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Try trapping here in December, most days you’re still changing shirts. It’s not just Summer time.

…. Shoot the best cat week I’ve ever had was in mid 80’s in early Feb lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums