Home

Welders

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Welders - 09/02/23 11:19 PM

Is it just me or does this seem....fishy at best ?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cotton

Re: Welders - 09/02/23 11:23 PM

I smell a scam

Re: Welders - 09/02/23 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by cotton
I smell a scam

Especially when a new machine is 6500-7500 . No to mention this is what other stuff is looking like
[Linked Image]
Posted By: garart

Re: Welders - 09/02/23 11:27 PM

That is a hail of a deal!!! Could be a scam or not.If it were me I would check it out immediately... with cash in hand and insist on a receipt if it works and runs well.
Posted By: Roy Greenfield

Re: Welders - 09/02/23 11:30 PM

Check the serial number for stolen!
Roy
Posted By: ETexTrapper

Re: Welders - 09/02/23 11:35 PM

Probably stolen.
Posted By: Ken Smith

Re: Welders - 09/02/23 11:40 PM

Yeah I bet it hot. But if I good get that deal on a miller I'd pay it today

Re: Welders - 09/02/23 11:48 PM

Now if it was from someone p'ed off ex wife after they cheated....I mean.... smile grin
Posted By: Ken Smith

Re: Welders - 09/02/23 11:50 PM

Yes that would be a killer deal. Even if it wasn't I'd still buy it. I'm not necessarily the type of guy that cares where a product came from or would even ask. But if someone was like "yeah this is hot, and 15% the cost" I'd walk from the deal.
Posted By: shanemoss

Re: Welders - 09/03/23 12:06 AM

Too late! I just picked it up! Threw in 2 tanks of 95/5 for free! Lol. Just kidding. I'd definitely check it out if it's close. Couldn't hurt. Like you said, could be a scorned woman? But seems fishy just the same.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Welders - 09/03/23 12:37 AM

I'd take some backup if I was carrying cash for that purchase.
Posted By: shanemoss

Re: Welders - 09/03/23 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
I'd take some backup if I was carrying cash for that purchase.

Lol. Good idea. That would be an easy trap I guess.
Posted By: Guss

Re: Welders - 09/03/23 01:05 AM

Scam.
Posted By: Osagan

Re: Welders - 09/03/23 01:20 AM

The scam is: LOTS of people will reply to this ad because it looks so good with either text, phone or e-mail. There will be no answer, but, they will have a record of either your e-mail address or phone number. They can then sell it to interested parties, scammers. A guaranteed live e-mail or phone number owned by a human.

They do it on Craigs List all the time. Cars, trucks, boats, 4 wheelers etc.
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: Welders - 09/03/23 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Osagian
The scam is: LOTS of people will reply to this ad because it looks so good with either text, phone or e-mail. There will be no answer, but, they will have a record of either your e-mail address or phone number. They can then sell it to interested parties, scammers. A guaranteed live e-mail or phone number owned by a human.

They do it on Craigs List all the time. Cars, trucks, boats, 4 wheelers etc.

x2
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Welders - 09/03/23 02:15 AM

Probably only takes digital currency, send it to him, and he'll deliver...not!
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: Welders - 09/03/23 02:25 AM

Is Hunter selling it? If so, it's got to be legit.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Welders - 09/03/23 02:40 AM

My bet if they are really selling that welder it's stolen.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Welders - 09/03/23 05:09 AM

Is it bad to buy something it you have any suspicion that it is stolen?.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Welders - 09/03/23 05:49 AM

Ya never know.

I seen a Craislist ad years ago for a 47' manlift for $500. Totally thought it was a scam. Resisted sending a reply. Finally sent a reply on hope it was real. It was. Legit deal , not stolen.

I bought the manlift for $500. No haggling over the price , just paid what they were asking.

[Linked Image]

I put a whole bunch of sweat equidity into it and about $500 in replacement parts. Got it looking good/ working properly.

I sold it for $11,000.

Nice flip/serious markup.
Posted By: Okie Farmer

Re: Welders - 09/03/23 03:23 PM

Check and see how many areas the same add and picture shows up in. I've seen some "great deal" show up in multiple craigslist areas, often with slightly different details but the same add structure and pictures.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Welders - 09/04/23 12:52 AM

Yup the problem is it’s 800 dollars for Miller, it’s probably only worth 100 maybe now if it was a Lincoln then you’d have something. grin
Posted By: Bob Samuelson

Re: Welders - 09/04/23 03:18 AM

What’s the problem with a Miller?
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Welders - 09/04/23 02:43 PM

For starters I’m a Lincoln guy, but with stick welders Lincoln has built a reputation as a smooth arc and powerful machine, tig machine I think Miller is ahead but Lincoln is catching up in that area, mig welders after running two new millers and fighting the feeding problem with wire I would take one of those if you gave it to me. In this situation however it’s kind of a personal preference like the great trap debate.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums