Home

RIP Jimmy Buffett

Posted By: elkaholic

RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 10:08 AM

Passed away yesterday at 76.
Posted By: Tommyran

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 10:41 AM

Here's hoping he finds that lost shaker of salt. RIP Jimmy.
Posted By: Gulo

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 11:58 AM

He's originally a Livingston, Montana boy. Ever hear his "Livingston Saturday Night"? or "Ringling"? Music changed a bit when he went Carribean. Some great music. Godspeed Jimmy.

Jack
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 12:00 PM

Sorry to hear that when I got up this morning.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 12:00 PM

Fair winds and following seas Jimmy
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 12:05 PM

RIP
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 12:49 PM

May he rest in peace
Posted By: MChewk

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 12:50 PM

RIP...made some good music and lots of folks enjoyed it.
Posted By: corky

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 01:17 PM

The guy was a superb businessman. There was a recent article in Forbes about him. His net worth was a BILLION dollars.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 01:19 PM

It's five oclock somewhere, RIP
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 01:24 PM

Like mentioned above, great music and very successful businessman. Always came across as a good dude in interviews. RIP.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 01:31 PM

But as lib as u could get...
Posted By: DaveP

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Donnie H
But as lib as u could get...

Anti hunting too.

That said, saw him a bunch many decades ago, was always a good time.
Somewhere along the line he became a LIFESTYLE BRAND and lost me.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 01:43 PM

Was nevah a parrot head...and didn't see the attraction to his music.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 02:59 PM

RIP Jimmy , I was in Livingston just last weekend and had wondered if he ever came back for a visit from time to time ?

Make it a hurricane ! Ha ha
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 03:11 PM

RIP
Enjoyed his music and it helped me escape to the islands at least in my mind

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/oR2KkwAVGHo?si=bS1t3q9aIUg-iufM[/video]
Posted By: J.C.

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 04:09 PM

Wearing a special Hawaiian shirt for him today, hope there's cheeseburgers in paradise
Posted By: Dan D

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 04:58 PM

Sister in law loved him. She had attended over 30 of his concerts. When she was battling cancer, I sent a message via the coconut telegraph of her struggles. Within a couple weeks she received a big poster and a hand written letter from Jimmy. Said he appreciated her loyalty and felt sorrow for what she was goin through. It lightened up her day. She passed not too long after that.

Saw him twice at Riverbend. Great show. Don't think I ever sat on the beach without his music playing. May his tin cup be full with good red wine while he is resting in peace at that one particular harbor.
Posted By: Boco

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 05:01 PM

RIP,wasnt a fan of his music.
Posted By: shanemoss

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 05:13 PM

Saw him twice in orange Beach when he just showed up to his sisters restaurant. Very friendly and fun person. He's the reason I bought a sailboat! Lol. I got a pirate flag on both my boats and I went to the river to lower them half mast. Everybody at the campground beat me to it. If you like margaritas or salty island vibes, you should read "salty piece of land" by Jimmy. I read it every spring. I wouldn't mind living on snake bite key. RIP

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 06:46 PM

Shanemoss, do happen to know the name of the shrimp boat Tully Mars takes a ride on with his horse when he heads south?
In the book tales from Maragritaville?
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/02/23 06:54 PM

Margravitevill

Sarge

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/03/23 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Shanemoss, do happen to know the name of the shrimp boat Tully Mars takes a ride on with his horse when he heads south?
In the book tales from Maragritaville?

The horse on the shrimp boat is in the book " salty piece of land". I have no idea the name of the boat? Heck of an adventure though! The bubble party started out good, but kind of bit him in the butt before it was over! Lol. I love that book! " A pirate looks at 50" has some good short stories as well.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/03/23 12:34 AM

Always liked his "A pirate looks at 40"
as one of my favorite tunes.

May you have flat calm waters &
smooth sailing ya old buccaneer, Master Buffett. smile

w
Posted By: learch

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/03/23 01:26 AM

I liked his music. Met an electrician on a job who played guitar for him. Had nothing bad to say about him but made peanuts playing for him. Came back to ky to make a living.

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/03/23 03:16 AM

Found it ! Its in salty piece of land too.
Boat name Caribbean soul
Horse is Mr Twain

The reason i asked is I've been looking for a name for my boat
Think I'll go with Gulf 2 Western which is the name of the Cutting horse ranch in Tales from Maragritaville
Posted By: BlueRidgeTrapper

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/03/23 09:27 PM

Never understood why someone would feel led to leave negative comments on a post about someone’s death. Rotten people abound.

Found his music over 20 years ago. He got me through quite a few rough patches in life.

Fair winds & following seas Jimmy.

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/03/23 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by BlueRidgeTrapper
Never understood why someone would feel led to leave negative comments on a post about someone’s death.

Hitler too?

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/03/23 09:32 PM

DaveP, not interested in any Tman peeing contests. There are enough of those already. Jimmy was far from Hitler. Have a good one.

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/03/23 09:47 PM

DaveP, not interested in any Tman peeing contests. There are enough of those already. Jimmy was far from Hitler. Have a good one.

All good. Not comparing him at all, just saying some do deserve harsh trestment.
I always post the same when folks say ALL veterans should be worshipped.

Like I said earlier, saw a fair number of Buffett shows long time ago, and enjoyed them.
But honestly, me, him, and the world are all different than we were 40 years ago.

Take care
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/04/23 01:22 AM

RIP, maybe he got a new pair of flip flops.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/04/23 02:37 AM

Saw him in Iowa. Floor seat, 11th row. Great show. Was on my bucket list. Wanted to go to more. At least I made it once.

Having said that and how much I liked him, a lot of the people down in FL did not care for him due to his views on the manatees and other things that he lobbied for and got a lot of stupid laws passed.
Posted By: Boco

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/04/23 02:41 AM

Heard he passed from skin cancer-too much sun.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/04/23 02:56 AM

Back in the nineties, a bunch of us went to a bar a few days after a Jimmy Buffet concert in Cincinnati. They had 25 cent margaritas to clear the excess inventory they made. One of our friends had a $50.00 bill and 7 cents in change. When he went to pay for his margarita with the $50.00, the bartender asked if he had anything smaller. Steve dug the 7 cents out of his pocket. The bartender said "Close enough." and scooped the 7 cents out of his hand.

I suspect millions of margaritas are being downed in remembrance of Jimmy. May he rest in peace.

Keith

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/04/23 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Heard he passed from skin cancer-too much sun.

Started as skin cancer and went to his lymph nodes. He’s been battling it for four years and never told the world. He went on hospice just days prior to passing.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/04/23 04:29 AM

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/MZu37cst4vE?si=Wqk0zYp_GYwS6nmr[/video]

Keith

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/04/23 04:14 PM

Never understood why someone would feel led to leave negative comments on a post about someone’s death. Rotten people abound.

Found his music over 20 years ago. He got me through quite a few rough patches in life.

Fair winds & following seas Jimmy.

X2 It's takes WAY less effort to shut up.
Posted By: kinley31

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/04/23 04:24 PM

His "music" consisted of one song. No one has ever got more mileage, and made more money off one song than Jimmy Buffett. That's not a dig, that's a compliment.
Posted By: Dan D

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/04/23 09:15 PM

Anyone read Where is Joe Merchant? Entertaining fiction.

Re: RIP Jimmy Buffett - 09/04/23 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by kinley31
His "music" consisted of one song. No one has ever got more mileage, and made more money off one song than Jimmy Buffett. That's not a dig, that's a compliment.

You're slap wrong about the one song thing.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums