Home

Teaching the twins how to roll

Posted By: Bob Jameson

Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/27/23 01:11 PM

I think I need to raise up our bird/squirrel feeder a bit and get a longer support stand. I already had to brace the feeder with SS wire to prevent her from tilting it to the side for easy access. She would unload that feeder pretty quick before I did that.

The wife just sits all day and looks out the glass french door windows and gets to see a nature show all day long.

Deer, turkey, squirrels, rabbits, ravens, crows and an assortment of birds. We have lots of Blue Jays and Cardinals here. The sunflowers are growing fast and just developing some heads. That will attract all the gold finches and hold their interest for a while.

I guess she is just teaching the twins how mom does it so when they grow up they know what to do.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am headed out to our annual PTA District 3 trappers picnic this afternoon. I have some special goodies for those attending. I hope they enjoy them.

Chocolate Gobs and fresh garden zuchinni bread. Regular bread and Chocolate Chip bread. Oh, and we have a fresh can of whipped cream topping and powder sugar for the top dressing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/27/23 01:35 PM

Nice view and great looking treats.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/27/23 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
I think I need to raise up our bird/squirrel feeder a bit and get a longer support stand. I already had to brace the feeder with SS wire to prevent her from tilting it to the side for easy access. She would unload that feeder pretty quick before I did that.

The wife just sits all day and looks out the glass french door windows and gets to see a nature show all day long.

Deer, turkey, squirrels, rabbits, ravens, crows and an assortment of birds. We have lots of Blue Jays and Cardinals here. The sunflowers are growing fast and just developing some heads. That will attract all the gold finches and hold their interest for a while.

I guess she is just teaching the twins how mom does it so when they grow up they know what to do.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am headed out to our annual PTA District 3 trappers picnic this afternoon. I have some special goodies for those attending. I hope they enjoy them.

Chocolate Gobs and fresh garden zuchinni bread. Regular bread and Chocolate Chip bread. Oh, and we have a fresh can of whipped cream topping and powder sugar for the top dressing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Did you make those Chocolate Gobs??? If so,,could we get the recipe? They look AWESOME !!

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/27/23 03:12 PM

Yes I did, they are great if you like sweets not so good if you are a diabetic. I will get the recipe together later when I get home from the picnic. I bought the gob pans also. Makes them look like a pro did them. I use chocolate cake mix as the base. The filling makes them good. My neighbor and I make them together, her husband loves them.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/27/23 03:27 PM

I am hopping you wash your hands and use different stirring and measuring devices when you switch between professions
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/27/23 04:18 PM

Chocolate gobs? We call them whoopie pies. I wonder if there's a difference in the recipe.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/27/23 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
Yes I did, they are great if you like sweets not so good if you are a diabetic. I will get the recipe together later when I get home from the picnic. I bought the gob pans also. Makes them look like a pro did them. I use chocolate cake mix as the base. The filling makes them good. My neighbor and I make them together, her husband loves them.

Thank you.Looking forward for the how to. laugh
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/27/23 06:46 PM

Is that the deer that ate your tomato plants?

I never got a notice the picnic was today, I might of tried to go, I'm sure Pap would of liked to go.
Posted By: Guss

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/27/23 08:09 PM

They better buy wider jeans.

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/27/23 08:33 PM

John, the notice of the district 3's annual events is in our spring meeting newsletter. I believe our director posted it on his Facebook page this last week I was told. I don't do Facebook, but I do mark all the events on the Calendar.

Not sure which deer ate the tops off of my tomato plant. That plant is finally coming back now. It may have done me a favor I have lots of small green tomatoes coming on now.

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/27/23 08:45 PM

upstateNY

Woopie Pie / Gob Recipe

1 Box Betty Crocker Chocolate Cake mix, follow the directions on the box. Or if you want Yellow or banana flavored gobs use banana flavored extract flavoring.
I have two 12 cavity Wilton Whoopie Pie pans. Fill each cavity 2/3rds full for a good size gob cake. Each 12-cavity mold will yield 6 finished gobs.
One box of cake mix should yield 15 to 18 finished gobs. Bake 14 mins. Cool well after baking before filling the cakes.

You can get them from Amazon or Ebay.

Icing Filling

3 Sticks Good Butter (Salted type)
1 Small container Marshmallow Creme
3 Cups Powder Sugar
1 Tsp of Good Vanilla Extract or more for your taste.

I place the filling in an icing bag for filling the cakes. It does a better job.

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/27/23 10:25 PM

That is just one recipe. I have used two different ones. They are both good, flavored fillings. You may find you may like one over the other. Some use the butter recipe others like the shortening type. The butter recipe is somewhat yellow in color and the shortening is white in color.

The marshmallow creme comes in 7- 8oz size depending on the brand name.
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/28/23 02:16 AM

I was taste tester for Bob on this last batch, pretty tasty stuff.!!!!! Thanks again Bob
Posted By: trapper/caller

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/29/23 01:40 AM

Love GOBS/ Whoopie pie's since I was a kid. Can't eat as many as I used to..
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Teaching the twins how to roll - 08/29/23 12:37 PM

Beautiful Photo
© 2024 Trapperman Forums