Home

New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN

Posted By: Jeremy Watson

New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/19/23 02:41 PM

Again New Mexico has some anti hunting backlash. Kinda how New Mexico works is they open certain hip for proposal every 4 years. This time it’s bears and lions. The anti activists have been at it full force emailing in testimony to stop bear and lion hunting with hounds. This is the same song and dance that happened to their trapping on public lands. No one thought that the public testimony was going to swing it especially if they are from a different state let alone a different country, they have people from all over the world against hound hunting. Last I heard it was 400-50. 400 anti emails that are pro to ban hounds in the woods. 400. We as sportsmen have 50. Im from Oregon. This isn’t even my state but I gotta help. I can’t just let em loose this as well. I gotta help. Will you help me??? Please do this dang email and let’s swing this back our way and then they will understand we as sportsmen ain’t kidding.

DGF-BearCougar-Rules@state.nm.us

I appreciate everyone who takes the minute or two to do it, please be kind in your email. Thanks in advance.

Oh and yes I’ve made a call to HOWL.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/19/23 02:57 PM

Email sent.
Posted By: corky

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/19/23 04:12 PM

Done

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/20/23 04:42 AM

FYI howl has it out now. It’s super easy through them. Sign up and give it a howl. Please and thank you. Our voice does count. But it takes all of us. Your wives. Kids if old enough to have email. Parents. Siblings. A little push and we can swing this thing like that haven’t seen before. We need you.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/20/23 03:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up and it was good to talk with you last week. I will gladly send off and email or 3.

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/20/23 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Thanks for the heads up and it was good to talk with you last week. I will gladly send off and email or 3.

Thnx pard

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/20/23 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Email sent.

Thank you

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/20/23 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by corky
Done

Thank you
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/20/23 10:53 PM

Thanks for the heads up!! I’ll definitely send in my comments. I didn’t know that out of state residents would be accepted.

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/21/23 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by foxkidd44
Thanks for the heads up!! I’ll definitely send in my comments. I didn’t know that out of state residents would be accepted.

They have testimony from all over the world. With technology today it’s hard to tell where someone lives. It’s hammer down time and I appreciate you getting after it. Tell 5 folks to do it as well. It will dang sure matter
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/21/23 07:56 AM

Done
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/21/23 01:46 PM

Howled

Here is a link:

https://www.howlforwildlife.org/

Just sign up and its easy
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/21/23 02:47 PM

I sent my message using Howl For Wildlife as well.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/21/23 02:49 PM

Howl makes it easy. Thanks for the heads up Jeremy

Here's a direct link

https://www.howlforwildlife.org/nmbearcougar

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/21/23 03:05 PM

956 emails isn’t enough folks. Come on we gotta make this happen like never before. There is gotta be thousands of members on this platform alone. Just the people here on Tman would be enough to really show them we ain’t fooling around anymore. I appreciate everyone getting after it
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/21/23 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremy Watson
956 emails isn’t enough folks. Come on we gotta make this happen like never before. There is gotta be thousands of members on this platform alone. Just the people here on Tman would be enough to really show them we ain’t fooling around anymore. I appreciate everyone getting after it

Something that is very easy to do is share on other forums that you folks may be a part of. I am on a bass fishing forum from when I fished tournaments back in the day and I posted it over there also. These attacks aren't just on trapping, or just on hunting, they are attacks on sportsmen as a whole. I hope the houndsmen in NM remember how the trappers supported them when it comes time to fight to get trapping back in NM

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/23/23 04:09 PM

Two more days and they will no longer take in testimony. Hope half of the folks on Tman took the time to help out New Mexico. Thanks to all who did. Hopefully we made a difference.
Posted By: trappermac NY

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/25/23 02:07 AM

Thanks for bringing this to light Jeremy....I am emailing through howl as a member. If everyone emails we can help the cause. Panhandle...please do not discourage.
Posted By: TravC

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/25/23 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Panhandle
Here is just a small example of the corruption. It is worse than the article states…

https://nmwildlife.org/analysis-fin...inely-shorts-resident-hunters-game-tags/

New Mexico Wildlife Federation is a sorry abd corrupt lot

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/25/23 04:35 PM

1560 supporters of proper predator management
771 opposed with feelings

Good work folks ya did it. Wish it was way more than that but a win is a win.
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: New Mexico under the crosshairs AGAIN - 08/25/23 05:23 PM

GREAT TO HEAR! 👍
© 2024 Trapperman Forums