Home

Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation

Posted By: Fur & Feather

Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 02:05 PM

If anyone has a recommendation for a cordless or gas powered pole pruner I be interested hearing it. It would just be used for trimming tree branches around the yard. Thank You for any help!
Posted By: KB64

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 02:19 PM

I've been impressed by the EGO 56V series of tools. Have the multi tool system, 2 blowers, chainsaw, hedge trimmers etc.
Posted By: learch

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 02:39 PM

I bought a harbor freight cordless pole saw five years ago. I’m not a harbor freight guy but I’ve been more than pleased. The negative is the the reach is less than higher quality saws. I’ve bent the pole many times and just straighten it out as good as I can. Not real safe but I stand on the atv to get a couple extra feet when needed. The battery life has never been an issue. Never used a gas powered pole saw and I’m sure they perform better but for branches 6” or less my cheep cordless saw works just fine on my wooded five acres
Posted By: charles

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 02:59 PM

We use a cordless at my hunting club. Works very well for overhead limbs.
Posted By: ABeardedTrapper

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 03:04 PM

Use a cheap poulan on our hunting lease for clearing shooting lanes have had it for 5 plus years and no problems. Eric
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 04:20 PM

I have a Stihl gas powered extension saw. It extends out to 16' I think. I like it.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 04:22 PM

Get the attachment for a weed wacker.

A gas pole saw ( dedicated ) is nice but spendy. Plus ya have to run it a bit or it gums up. I had a Stihl.
Electric ones are ok but limited. Had one of them too.

The attachment for the weed wacker works best for me.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 04:23 PM

I have a DeWalt cordless prune saw 20 volt it is a work horse reason I purchased it was I already had 20 volt DeWalt so it made sense
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 05:13 PM

I have a Stihl gas powered pole saw and love it. Very useful for triming stuff at ground level too, don't have to bend over and push thru brush to reach the base.

Dave
Posted By: hippie

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 05:18 PM

I bought a Husqvarna cordless and it surprised me how wel! It works.

I think it extends to 12' . I did alot of trimming one day and still had lots of battery left to go. I'd probably run out of steam before it did! lol
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 05:19 PM

Get a Marvin pole pruner, never have to worry about starting, higher reach and less weight. Plus cheaper and more versatile.
Posted By: Dennis W

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by learch
I bought a harbor freight cordless pole saw five years ago. I’m not a harbor freight guy but I’ve been more than pleased. The negative is the the reach is less than higher quality saws. I’ve bent the pole many times and just straighten it out as good as I can. Not real safe but I stand on the atv to get a couple extra feet when needed. The battery life has never been an issue. Never used a gas powered pole saw and I’m sure they perform better but for branches 6” or less my cheep cordless saw works just fine on my wooded five acres

Thanks for the review. I was gonna stop there tomorrow and check that pruner out. It's supposed to be on sale for $50 this weekend. If it is I'll probably buy one. I think it extends from 6 to 10 foot. I'll use it around the yard and clearing lanes around my tree stands.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 08:11 PM

I have a 40volt Kobalt pole saw from Lowe's.

It's performed flawlessly so far.

I use it around the yard and limb trimming in the woods. Have cut easily thru 6" and smaller oak, hickory, etc.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 08:34 PM

Have a 18 volt ryobi been working great for several years now use it in fall cutting Christmas greens so it gets a good workout
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 09:40 PM

I’ve got a Stihl battery powered on my truck. Awesome. Used to have a gas powered. Only thing is that they’re more fragile. The gas has a touch more jam, but the weight, noise, hot exhaust burning the arm when really reaching, starting is non existent with battery. With the electric, as soon as the limb starts to move I pull out. If it gets jammed, you’ll notice that’s it’s more fragile. Right from new I changed the bar to 10” instead of 8”. 8” is too short.
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Shakeyjake
I’ve got a Stihl battery powered on my truck. Awesome. Used to have a gas powered. Only thing is that they’re more fragile. The gas has a touch more jam, but the weight, noise, hot exhaust burning the arm when really reaching, starting is non existent with battery. With the electric, as soon as the limb starts to move I pull out. If it gets jammed, you’ll notice that’s it’s more fragile. Right from new I changed the bar to 10” instead of 8”. 8” is too short.

undercut the limb a bit and it won't get stuck
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by jalstat
I have a DeWalt cordless prune saw 20 volt it is a work horse reason I purchased it was I already had 20 volt DeWalt so it made sense

Same one here just a bit heavy with a bad shoulder but it gets it done, DeWalt battery life is impressive I must add.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 10:30 PM

Craftsman here does the job well.
Posted By: keets

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/17/23 11:00 PM

dewalt 20 v guy.....they're worth the money...might as well buy the combo kit with weed whacker while you're at it

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/18/23 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
[/quote]undercut the limb a bit and it won't get stuck

Always. Sometimes it works, depending on the situation. With a wand you’re always cutting at an angle cuz you’re cutting branches over head. Never get it stuck if ya pull out once it starts moving.
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/18/23 11:45 AM

Milwaukee electric with weed wacker. Fits all the batteries I have.

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/18/23 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Green Bay
Milwaukee electric with weed wacker. Fits all the batteries I have.

The only reason I didn’t get one for work was all the extensions to store. Bought one for personal use and they’re wicked! There’s a brusher attachment too, great for opening up trails. Old Mil has really stepped up their game.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/18/23 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
I have a Stihl gas powered extension saw. It extends out to 16' I think. I like it.

^^^^^ this
Posted By: Fur & Feather

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/18/23 03:10 PM

Thank You for all the valuable help! I appreciate all the replies! There is a wealth of information here! Now to decide on what to get. smile
Posted By: Hal

Re: Cordless or Gas Pole Pruner Reccomendation - 08/18/23 07:10 PM

I have gas.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums