Home

This guy had a bad day

Posted By: danny clifton

This guy had a bad day - 07/11/23 09:42 PM

[Linked Image]

Was backing up the ramp you can see just in front of him. Got to the top with the trailer tamdems and got to close to the edge. Trailer slid off and pulled the tractor with it. He is fine but I bet if you sneak up behind him and shake a half full jar of marbles he will jump out of his boots.
Posted By: run

Re: This guy had a bad day - 07/11/23 10:07 PM

Looks like it may have been a nice truck @ one time.
Posted By: rags57078

Re: This guy had a bad day - 07/11/23 10:08 PM

Yes he sure did
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: This guy had a bad day - 07/11/23 11:03 PM

If he's an owner operator he had a real bad day. If not, him and his boss are both having one
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: This guy had a bad day - 07/11/23 11:11 PM

Rock on!
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: This guy had a bad day - 07/11/23 11:19 PM

Glad he wasn't injured, but I'll bet his pride took a serious hit.

Re: This guy had a bad day - 07/11/23 11:33 PM

His dad owns the company. Insurance will pay for repairs to the truck. The biggest loss is the revenue the truck wont be producing for awhile. Longer trailers like the one dumping are lots easier to back up with a big tractor.
Posted By: run

Re: This guy had a bad day - 07/11/23 11:56 PM

How long is the trailer, Danny?
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: This guy had a bad day - 07/11/23 11:56 PM

About 20 years ago, I witnessed a similar mishap. A brand new ( first load ) tri axle was tailgating a load of 2B limestone on mine haul road. I was behind him, so I stayed back to avoid the dust. He took the bed up fast, and the road had a good lean to it. When the bed got about half way up, it pulled the truck over to its side.

Re: This guy had a bad day - 07/12/23 12:30 AM

Run I dont know but it was short

Bigbrownie when your not level dont raise it. Rule number one with an end dump. If the ground is real rough I will get level dump it and let it down. Pull up till I am level again and dump the rest. End dumps dont spread real good even on a smooth surface. You can string it out some by raising it till it starts to come out. Put the truck in gramma, leave the pto engaged and idle forward letting the trailer come up. Needs to be smooth and level. Rock only. dirt gets dumped in a pile no matter what.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: This guy had a bad day - 07/12/23 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
If he's an owner operator he had a real bad day. If not, him and his boss are both having one

Truth
Posted By: jarrett

Re: This guy had a bad day - 07/12/23 11:48 AM

I was always told there are 2 types of end dump drivers. Those that have tipped one over while unloading and those that will tip one over while unloading someday.
Posted By: Osky

Re: This guy had a bad day - 07/12/23 12:17 PM

I didn’t know that side dumps work that way. Learn something new every day.

Osky
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: This guy had a bad day - 07/12/23 12:36 PM

LMBO @ side dump. I bet his short pants are having a bad day too
© 2024 Trapperman Forums