Home

Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000

Posted By: Finster

Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 11:54 AM

Vote in idiots, get idiotic results. Talk about an attack in the first amendment!

Michigan House Democrats Pass Bill to Make Using ‘Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000

Michigan House Democrats passed legislation that would make intimidating someone by intentionally using their unpreferred gender pronouns a felony, punishable by a fine of up to $10,000 or imprisonment for no more than five years.

House Bill 4474 is part of a package of bills that would replace Michigan’s Ethnic Intimidation Act with expanded protection for individuals on the basis of gender identity and sexual orientation.

As Breitbart News’s Hannah Bleau reported:

The legislation specifically states that an individual is guilty of a “hate crime” if they “intentionally” do “any of the following to an individual based in whole or in part on an actual or perceived characteristic of that individual listed under subsection (2), regardless of the existence of any other motivating factors.” It includes using force or violence, causing bodily injury, damaging or destroying property, or threatening or “intimidating” said individual based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity “or expression,” physical or mental disabilities, age, ethnicity, national origin, or association with an identified group.

However, the proposed law is very general, as it essentially asserts that one can be guilty of committing a “hate crime” for making an individual merely “feel” intimidated. Many have pointed out the dangers of the generalization, as far-left activists have often accused conservatives of exhibiting “hateful” behavior for speaking out against allowing biological males to use women’s restrooms and changing rooms or compete in women’s sports, for example.

According to the legislation, the act of intimidation itself involves the “willful course of conduct involving repeated or continuing harassment of another individual that would cause a reasonable individual to feel terrorized, frightened, or threatened, and that actually causes the victim to feel terrorized, frightened, or threatened.”

Hypothetically speaking, an individual could “feel” intimidated or harassed, for example, for being called by the wrong “preferred pronoun.”

House Bill 4474 passed the Michigan House by a 59-50 vote, and it will now move to the Democrat-controlled Senate. If passed, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) is expected to sign it.

Michigan Rep. Angela Rigas (R) criticized House Democrats for “allowing the gender delusion issue to be used as a ‘protected class.’”

“This opens up numerous issues when it comes to the courts and the continued weaponization of the system against conservatives,” Rigas added. “We saw similar concerns when they wanted to pass blocks on ‘conversion’ therapy. It seems Dems want to be in the business of telling people how to think.”

source
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 12:01 PM

Unreal
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 12:01 PM

lol

I’m lovin’ it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 12:05 PM

I'm guessing the intimidation is based on a "he said, she said" kind of thing? Or is it a "he who is now a she said, she who is now a he said" kind of thing?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 12:16 PM

another law i will ignore
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 12:22 PM

The government leans more communist everyday they ignore the rule of law and violate the constitutional rights of people at will knowing they are doing it. This is clearly a first amendment issue forcing people to go woke by mandates not choice it will be challenged and they should lose at the taxpayers cost the ones pushing this need to be exposed and booted from office, will it happen will the few rule the majority who knows.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 01:16 PM

Can we give the state of Michigan to Canada???

Garry-

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 01:23 PM

Making the UP the 51st state was kicked around years back.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 01:35 PM

Just curious how many of y’all have actually run into this situation where someone “demands” you refer to them a certain way?
So far I haven’t. I generally refer to someone by their name if they have a name tag and have never had anyone tell me their pronouns, not that it would matter. With folks I don’t know I take my best guess on male or female and refer to them as sir or ma’am. Even at drive throughs I listen closely and say thank you ma’am or sir and never been corrected.
With that said, I did have to take some BS training for my company, so I guess it’s rampant somewhere, just not down here.
Generally the parts of the US I travel to hunt I don’t have to worry about it either. I’m more concerned about walking in with the shotgun across my shoulder than pronouns. So far that hasn’t been an issue either.
Posted By: WI Outdoors

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

U.P. should just become part if WI.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Just curious how many of y’all have actually run into this situation where someone “demands” you refer to them a certain way?
So far I haven’t. I generally refer to someone by their name if they have a name tag and have never had anyone tell me their pronouns, not that it would matter. With folks I don’t know I take my best guess on male or female and refer to them as sir or ma’am. Even at drive throughs I listen closely and say thank you ma’am or sir and never been corrected.
With that said, I did have to take some BS training for my company, so I guess it’s rampant somewhere, just not down here.
Generally the parts of the US I travel to hunt I don’t have to worry about it either. I’m more concerned about walking in with the shotgun across my shoulder than pronouns. So far that hasn’t been an issue either.

I have not run into it yet. However, I stay away from big cities where the Liberal pathogen is infecting everyone. Eventually it will find its way to the countryside. Plenty of morons walking around here with blue, green and pink hair, with their faces looking like tackle boxes. I already have my reply figured out when one of these morons spouts off about gender or whatever. My reply will be, "I prefer not to reinforce your obvious mental delusions."
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 02:00 PM

I have to wonder if it is a real issue anywhere. Like you I keep hearing this stuff, but never actually see it. People I know that get around a lot more than me never run into this. The left sure wants you to believe it is a big deal, that's for sure.
Posted By: grampy

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 02:26 PM

Actor.. We got all the problems we can handle, thanks anyway. Some of those Mich'ers would probably feel right at home up here.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 02:26 PM

The government leans more communist everyday .

They ignore the rule of law and violate the constitutional rights of people at will, knowing they are doing it. This is clearly a first amendment issue , forcing people to go woke by mandates, not choice. It will be challenged, and they should lose at the taxpayer's cost .

The ones pushing this need to be exposed and booted from office, will it happen ? Will the few rule the majority ? Who knows.

Now I can read your thoughts without getting out of breath with one continuous line .Trying to understand . I think I inserted the commas, periods and capitals in the right places... wink
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 02:38 PM

called a young woman Ma'am at a grocery store in garnett. gave me a sour look and said to call her they or them. i asked where the other cashier was and started laughing. she rang me up anyway. Musta liked her job. I could tell she had more to say but she didnt
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 03:22 PM

The woke movement keeps becoming increasingly laughable. I will not even give that law any consideration. Then first amendment has me covered.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

I have to wonder if it is a real issue anywhere. Like you I keep hearing this stuff, but never actually see it. People I know that get around a lot more than me never run into this. The left sure wants you to believe it is a big deal, that's for sure.

Have a friend, who is also a veteran, that lost his engineering job with the railroad over expressing his displeasure over the Kaepernick kneeling on Fakebook. His supervisor lost his for having a Confederate flag in the background of his Fakebook account. I don't think punishment for not calling a he a she is to far fetched. Seems it is even being legislated in MI>
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 04:43 PM

I have no problem refering to them as she& it
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 04:49 PM

Just call them an IT!!! That should cover it!!!

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mando

U.P. should just become part if WI.

Not sure about that after the last few elections WI is falling hard on the liberal side of the fence with those liberal collages swinging it that way.

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon

They ignore the rule of law and violate the constitutional rights of people at will, knowing they are doing it. This is clearly a first amendment issue , forcing people to go woke by mandates, not choice. It will be challenged, and they should lose at the taxpayer's cost .

The ones pushing this need to be exposed and booted from office, will it happen ? Will the few rule the majority ? Who knows.

Now I can read your thoughts without getting out of breath with one continuous line .Trying to understand . I think I inserted the commas, periods and capitals in the right places... wink

Well thanks. LOL sometimes I get on a roll.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 05:46 PM

grin No worries, Jerry, I understand now. I'm not as those old time teachers carrying around their wood rulers wink

I always appreciate your posts, and only want to totally understand them , even sometimes when I'm in a hurry . grin
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Actor

Garry-

Only if Minneapolis/St Paul goes with it!
Posted By: rszwieg

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 08:47 PM

If this winds up in court someone could have a nice payday.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon

Being able to read Lawdogs thought must be a scary experience grin
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 09:48 PM

What is a pronoun all you heartless meat eaters?
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 09:51 PM

I identify as an innocent person, and an upstanding citizen.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/01/23 10:04 PM

If my company ever goes overboard and brings it down South I will identify as a trans lesbian and make them pay. I’ll miss work, excused, for my monthly issues and even declare pregnancy and having issues later in my final trimester which will lead to missed work time every Spring during turkey season.
If they ever deny my “truth” I will get the ACLU and Unions involved and take them to the bank all while keeping my job. If they want to believe in delusions and want to force me to believe in them, then I’ll play make believe with the best of them.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/02/23 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Actor

Garry-

Ohio don't have much room to talk... grin
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/02/23 06:19 PM

Can the Demorats come up with anymore dumb a** ideas?
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/02/23 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by seniortrap
Can the Demorats come up with anymore dumb a** ideas?

Yes. Yes they can.
And will.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/02/23 07:45 PM

Actually the law does nothing of the kind, it’s the same problem as Florida’s so called don’t say gay bill, if you read it it says nothing about pronouns or being punished for mis addressing someone with the wrong ones

Posted By: KeithC

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/02/23 08:06 PM

I just tried to see the full bill. Both webpages, where the text of the bill is listed, have been very recently deactivated.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov › htm
House Bill 4474 - Michigan Legislature

Michigan Legislature (.gov)
http://legislature.mi.gov › doc › 20...
House Bill 4474 (2023) - Michigan Legislature

Some obvious shenanigans are afoot.

Keith
Posted By: buster916

Re: Wrong’ Pronouns Finable Up to $10,000 - 07/02/23 11:30 PM

BS to that law
© 2024 Trapperman Forums