Home

Glide Baits

Posted By: Sheepdog1

Glide Baits - 05/22/23 08:16 PM

I bought the 35.00 0ne about 5 weeks ago, its the one from 6th Sense. I have been fishing with it and trying to figure out the retrieval rate and any sequence of retrieval. I must have gotten it. I caught 9 bass on it today. The largest was 7.22, the smallest was 2.63. I have never caught two black bass on the same bait at one time. I did so today. The larger was 3.8 the smaller 2.57. I finally figured out the correct depth and retrieval rate. It was a good day at the secret lake in the Piney woods.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Glide Baits - 05/22/23 10:07 PM

Bet the depth changes like crappie do with the weather.

Re: Glide Baits - 05/22/23 11:05 PM

Yes it does, it was hot today but a north wind was blowing. I have this lake figured out. It is only about 6-7 acres. Been there about 65-70 years. was stocked with Florida hybrids in the 70's. Also stocked with Crappie and those big hybrid bream. The old fella what built the lake and lived on it never let folks fish except for bream and crappie. I trapped coyotes for him but never fished this lake until about two years ago. he passed about 25 years ago. His grandson and I are the same age. He lives in the old homeplace now and lets me fish it. Savell's youngest is the only person I have taken in there. He caught a hammer back in April. if i could load that picture I would. Savell may be able to load it from his phone.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Glide Baits - 05/22/23 11:08 PM

I don't trust Savell's pictures anymore grin

Re: Glide Baits - 05/22/23 11:14 PM

I didn't know what a glide bait was so I looked it up. I wasn't following ur post completely, I could believe a lure cost $35. Cabelas had one fir $75. I like to fish but no way could I tie on a $35 lure. I loose way to many.
Posted By: MATTKS

Re: Glide Baits - 05/22/23 11:42 PM

Look up Roman made glide baits price. Some of the of those hand made and painted ones are stupid expensive.

Re: Glide Baits - 05/22/23 11:52 PM

I saw those the other night. 1200k. I wont buy one of those but the 30-75 dollar ones that I know i can get if I get it hung up. Yeppers. I can do that.

Re: Glide Baits - 05/22/23 11:52 PM

I saw those the other night. 1200k. I wont buy one of those but the 30-75 dollar ones that I know i can get if I get it hung up. Yeppers. I can do that.
Posted By: MATTKS

Re: Glide Baits - 05/23/23 12:20 AM

I agree. Years ago I would have never thought of buying a bait as expensive as some of the glides or big swim baits, but the more tournaments I have fish I have seen how they can pay for themselves by getting you a kicker after catching a limit or just big fish for the tournament. But for as well as they work they will (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) you off watching those big fish follow or swim out and look and then swim off.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Glide Baits - 05/23/23 12:21 AM

Sounds like a great day Dave, I might hafta look into those

Re: Glide Baits - 05/23/23 12:29 AM

Sheepdog

If I felt I could recover the lure if hung up I might consider using them. Would definitely replace my leader more often and be a lot more careful tying my knots too. Probably have to go to heavier line for the peace of mind. Maybe invest in one of those lure retrieval devices too. I like to fish but not that serious by some of your guys standards.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Glide Baits - 05/23/23 01:19 AM

S swimmer best bang for bucks.
Enjoy it! Next 4 trips you might not get one to even follow it !!
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Glide Baits - 05/23/23 03:40 AM

We fish them in the fall big bass bash on lake of the Ozarks. $100k for big fish and then bi hourly payouts. We have weighed a money fish every year using glide baits. Mostly gancraft, 12 inch. Will wear you out fishing one all day but almost a guaranteed payout when you hook up.

Ol dad
Posted By: Savell

Re: Glide Baits - 05/23/23 09:14 PM

… here you go Dave

[Linked Image]

Re: Glide Baits - 05/23/23 10:05 PM

I am ready for another trip with my Little Buddy. I just got in a big load of baits. the others will arrive before he and I head off to the big fish lake. It will be a good day for sure. Thanks for posting that Savell.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Glide Baits - 05/24/23 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Savell
… here you go Dave

[Linked Image]

That feral boy don't need no fancy lad glide baits.He probly just smacked the cotton mouths out of the way and jumped in and hand liped that bass.Probly uses sun dried possum tails for a stringer.
Posted By: TrapperDR

Re: Glide Baits - 05/24/23 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Savell
… here you go Dave

[Linked Image]

Poor kid has his Great Uncle's thumbs... whistle
© 2024 Trapperman Forums