Home

Oregon guys

Posted By: Wanna Be

Oregon guys - 05/06/23 03:47 PM

Can you hunt the Travel Management Areas?
Looking at Shamrock which appears to be about 3ish hours South of me.
May head south and try and get an Oregon bird.
Posted By: Bearguy

Re: Oregon guys - 05/06/23 08:43 PM

I lived in Oregon for more than 50 years and never heard of Shamrock, OR. I also haven't heard of a travel management area. There is lots of public land east of the Cascades and turkeys scattered all over. Plenty of birds west of the Cascades, but mostly private ground. Not all though. Tough deal coming in cold. Good luck.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Oregon guys - 05/06/23 11:48 PM

65 years counting in Oregon and ditto the above. Paul maybe we should hush up....could be we're fools to not know these things!
Posted By: caldwellite

Re: Oregon guys - 05/07/23 01:33 AM

Shamrock is in the Northeast corner, Flora to Joseph area. It is an Oregon Fish and Wildlife area. Travel Management Areas are Public land areas with road and trail use restrictions noted on BLM or Forrest service maps. Hunting areas would be in Oregon hunting Regs. Good Luck.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Oregon guys - 05/07/23 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by caldwellite
Shamrock is in the Northeast corner, Flora to Joseph area. It is an Oregon Fish and Wildlife area. Travel Management Areas are Public land areas with road and trail use restrictions noted on BLM or Forrest service maps. Hunting areas would be in Oregon hunting Regs. Good Luck.

Thanks. Sometimes regulations take a Masters Degree to decipher, figure is ask the folks that actually live there and know. Appreciate the info.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Oregon guys - 05/07/23 05:44 PM

You can say that again on regulations I think they write them so they can write tickets lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums