Home

Chainsaw tool

Posted By: Frogger79

Chainsaw tool - 04/16/23 03:12 AM

Looking for a file wrench dog file ect. Storage ideas. Kinda would like it in a canvas
roll. Any ideas?
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Chainsaw tool - 04/16/23 04:23 AM

https://www.runnings.com/filing-kit-3-8.html
I keep one of these filing kits nearby where I am cutting. My scrench is stowed in a knot that binds my bar oil jug and gas can together with a short rope that I can sling.

Re: Chainsaw tool - 04/16/23 02:15 PM

Ya something like that is what I'm looking for, or maybe a waxed canvas or leather.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Chainsaw tool - 04/16/23 02:17 PM

Do you want to carry it on your belt ??

Because you can get a tool beg that fits on a carpenter belt setup that will accommodate a scrunch file etc. including the file vice you tap into a log to hold the bar etc. I have one of those as well as a zipped bag I can throw on the tractor with the same content

Re: Chainsaw tool - 04/16/23 02:21 PM

Not so much. Just to be able to throw it in the farm truck and stuff not get scattered.
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Chainsaw tool - 04/16/23 02:33 PM

I put the smalls in an old sock and throw it in the milk crate with everything else.
No more lost carb screwdrivers.
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Chainsaw tool - 04/16/23 05:25 PM

I got a 50cal can in the wood truck. It contains felling wedges, couple of extra chains, small grease gun, saw wrench, files, few extra nuts and screws, sprokets, and pull rope for field repairs. Box is full, but I can fix most problems without going to the shop.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Chainsaw tool - 04/16/23 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Frogger79
Looking for a file wrench dog file ect. Storage ideas. Kinda would like it in a canvas
roll. Any ideas?

The holy grail.

I've been looking forever, and don't ever seem to get much closer.
Posted By: billy

Re: Chainsaw tool - 04/16/23 10:16 PM

what Andrew said works.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Chainsaw tool - 04/16/23 10:53 PM

12" zippered tool bag at Harbor Freight is like $5. Works great.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Chainsaw tool - 04/17/23 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Frogger79
roll. Any ideas?

not sure what brand it is nor does it mater I us a tool bag I bought at a garage sale files , bottles of 2 stroke oil , spare chain, wedges , scrench it is big enough I can stuff my chaps on top and
works well , a tote or saw box you make up

if you check youtube there are some very well done chainsaw and accessory boxes that hold a saw , oil , gas , spare chains , tools , an ax , wedges all so that you can slide the box in the truck bed and it is all together , get home put the whole box on a shelf

you could even put a filing vice on it

I have that Stihl file and gauge set posted already , works fine , I mostly just use the file in a handle now no guide files wear out , so I buy files at the saw shop he has a box of them by the counter , heck about anything works as a handle cut a bit of branch about the right size around and beat the file pointed end into the wood , good to file

in my truck I carry my saws in my my ice fishing sled , I call it that I use it to drag deer out and stuff in and wood around but I never seem to find the time for ice fishing any more. I think it is 25"x60" approximately this way when they leak oil it doesn't get on everything in my truck I have topper and haul a bunch of my tools with me
toss my tool bag in the truck with gas and oil cans ax and PPE and I am ready to cut

I have a vice mounted to my trailer which is wit most of the time when cutting much wood

if I just take my little truck S10 I have the file but seldom cut enough to need to file before the truck is heaped over in wood
I don't worry about leaking oil on the S10 it might actually help the rusting out bed last a little longer
just saw & cans in back tool bag on the floor in the cab
Posted By: Dana I

Re: Chainsaw tool - 04/17/23 03:27 PM

I do the same as Andrew. Ammo can with needed supplies in it. Usually contains a extra chain, extra bar nuts, pair of pliers, files, a wedge, scwrench, hearing protection ect
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Chainsaw tool - 04/17/23 03:35 PM

a wire that you can put the extra bar nuts on is handy that way your not digging in the bottom of the bag or can then give it a twist

I went years without loosing a bar nut then lost 3 in a week on the same saw and now haven't lost one since in 2-3 years but have spares
© 2024 Trapperman Forums