Home

Narcan

Posted By: AntiGov

Narcan - 04/06/23 12:55 AM

Big push for over the counter self administered , no consequence for drug abuse , in a nasal spray

Why not correct the root cause , and eliminate the need in the first place ?
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:05 AM

It will never be self administered, except for a known accidental contact by first responders. By the time it's needed, the user will be unconscious.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:10 AM

Seems to me an OD is a self correcting problem.
Posted By: jk

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:11 AM

So sad all the good lives lost I know of several locally here......jk

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Brian Mongeau
It will never be self administered, except for a known accidental contact by first responders. By the time it's needed, the user will be unconscious.

Ahh yes , good point .....I meant by a fellow drug addict still conscious ....

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
Seems to me an OD is a self correcting problem.

Absolutely !
Posted By: T-REV

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:13 AM

Im with Warrior. OD seems to be the cure.

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:17 AM

It's free in many vending machines

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:21 AM

Taking away the consequences of stupidity just leads to more stupid people
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:28 AM

The nasal spray doesn't always work as sometimes when people are OD ing they have so much snot running down their face, nothing is getting in. They have an epi pen kind of narcan that works a LOT better but it's much more expensive. And yes, the person OD'ing isn't going to be the one administering it anyhow.

Now I see Montreal has opened "safe centers" where you can go in and shoot up in the safety of medical personnel in case you get it wrong, they can narcan you back right away. They also have paid personnel that wonders the streets looking for people to narcan back to superior and productive lives.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:33 AM

with the contact possibility with fentanyl I could see having one if it is under 20 dollars.

just consider it a backup to PPE

I carry a tourniquet in my truck , I don't plan on needing that either.

it wouldn't be for any old addict I happened to find it would be for me or people I know should I come on some one and touch them before I realize they are in OD

but I have kids in college and everything can be laced with Fentanyl these days who knows what

my daughter was walking just off campus to get food and had a person come up to them who was having a bad reaction to drugs , she didn't want to deal with the person , but he wouldn't go away he was having a bad trip or something so she spotted a buss stopped about a half a block up and said , the buss driver will help so she walked them up to the buss driver because she figured that was where she was getting help if this went bad.
so yeah I could se buying her a narcan over the counter to keep ....................... not next to the knife and pepper spray I bought her that she had left in here room

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
with the contact possibility with fentanyl I could see having one if it is under 20 dollars.

just consider it a backup to PPE

I carry a tourniquet in my truck , I don't plan on needing that either.

it wouldn't be for any old addict I happened to find it would be for me or people I know should I come on some one and touch them before I realize they are in OD

but I have kids in college and everything can be laced with Fentanyl these days who knows what

my daughter was walking just off campus to get food and had a person come up to them who was having a bad reaction to drugs , she didn't want to deal with the person , but he wouldn't go away he was having a bad trip or something so she spotted a buss stopped about a half a block up and said , the buss driver will help so she walked them up to the buss driver because she figured that was where she was getting help if this went bad.
so yeah I could se buying her a narcan over the counter to keep ....................... not next to the knife and pepper spray I bought her that she had left in here room

Some of these vending machines are on college campuses. I see your point , it's prolly a good idea for the non drug user .....we live in a crazy world

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:46 AM

I know of one vending machine at the Rock county Jail , while the public can get to it and buy it , it is at least part for the deputies , jailers , social workers and such backup ppe
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 02:01 AM

I don't get why people feel "sad" that druggies die.

?
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 02:08 AM

It's not your run of the mill 'junkie' dieing in the street, it's the kid down the street! Crap has killed more than covid ever could dream of yet crickets from the communist media and gov. we are under cause they would have to admit it's all traced back to their open border policy.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears

?

You ever have a freinds or family member committed suicide?? Maybe parent or one your kids?
I think it's just a slower method when doppers use.

I never had any OD patient thank me after they were narcaned woke up. In fact many were upset they paid for a high and we stole it from them.

I think giving them narcan is just enabling. That just me.

AntiGov.
What is this root cause you seem to know of the cure for???

Mac
Posted By: Osagan

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 02:16 AM

I don't get why people feel "sad" that druggies die.?

My personality says let em' die and thin the herd.
My conscience says it not the right or humane thing to do.
Who knows. I've got three grandsons coming up. What if one of them makes a really stupid mistake. Maybe someone will be there for them.

Drug dealers are the ones that need a dirt nap.
This fentanyl is scary stuff and the animals are lacing it into everything.

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 02:18 AM

?

wife's co-workers step son died of a fentanyl OD , guy got hooked years ago , in and out of prison , with as much trouble as he put them through they still loved him and didn't want him to die in his early 30s
Posted By: Nbhunt1

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 02:24 AM

I am a firefighter/emt and have used narcan on many people. Over the course of my career I have felt the same way as many of the responses above. The statements are mostly accurate too. 99% of the people we save have already od once or they’ll od again. And many will eventually die from their drug use. So I understand the attitude of it being “self correcting”. I really do. I’ve felt the exact same thing doing cpr while waiting for the narcan to kick in, all the while looking at the 4 year old crying in the corner because her daddy won’t wake up. It’s a bad feeling wondering if that kid would be better off if I didn’t get her daddy back. But every now and again I get to save an 18 year old kid who took a pill he didn’t know had been soaked in fentanyl. And every now and again that kid gets clean, straightens his life up, and by all appearances shows no signs of relapsing. There’s no reason to think he won’t live a productive life and raise a family of his own. I’m personally grateful that all my stupid has not been self correcting.
Another angle I consider. If we should let an addict “self correct”, where do we draw the line? Should we let diabetics “self correct” when their sugar drops? Mouth cancer patients that dip or chew? Smokers with lung cancer? Over weight heart patients? Drunks that wrap themselves around a tree?
Again, I’ve had the same thoughts as above, but I think it’s a razor thin line that has no business in my mind.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Macthediver

?

You ever have a freinds or family member committed suicide?? Maybe parent or one your kids?
I think it's just a slower method when doppers use.

I never had any OD patient thank me after they were narcaned woke up. In fact many were upset they paid for a high and we stole it from them.

I think giving them narcan is just enabling. That just me.

AntiGov.
What is this root cause you seem to know of the cure for???

Mac

Nope, but I have a flaming queen step brother that I haven't said hi to in 30 years.
smile
Posted By: waggler

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 03:09 AM

Just say no to narcan.
I know that doesn't sound very nice, but giving-in to the narcotic epidemic will actually kill more people. Enabling them further is not what they need.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 03:19 AM

The bigger issue is the Chinese suppliers. They need to be nuked.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 03:22 AM

sad to see our country go down the toilet this way....hopefully some catostrophic event happens and that will start the change needed.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 03:38 AM

The question to revive or not comes down to whether you see people like animals, in need of culling for the betterment of the species or something where every individual is special and sacred.

Keith
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
It's not your run of the mill 'junkie' dieing in the street, it's the kid down the street! Crap has killed more than covid ever could dream of yet crickets from the communist media and gov. we are under cause they would have to admit it's all traced back to their open border policy.

Or, the bedroom down the hall!
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 03:46 AM

They say our paper money is like 95% positive for drugs, cocain, heroin etc, how soon before some upstanding citizen gets killed by fentanyl on their change?

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 04:05 AM

well, if money itself becomes toxic then they can get what they desire sooner....no more paper money.

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by BigBob
They say our paper money is like 95% positive for drugs, cocain, heroin etc, how soon before some upstanding citizen gets killed by fentanyl on their change?

I think this is probably BS. Designed to make us eager for a cashless society .
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Nbhunt1
I am a firefighter/emt and have used narcan on many people. Over the course of my career I have felt the same way as many of the responses above. The statements are mostly accurate too. 99% of the people we save have already od once or they’ll od again. And many will eventually die from their drug use. So I understand the attitude of it being “self correcting”. I really do. I’ve felt the exact same thing doing cpr while waiting for the narcan to kick in, all the while looking at the 4 year old crying in the corner because her daddy won’t wake up. It’s a bad feeling wondering if that kid would be better off if I didn’t get her daddy back. But every now and again I get to save an 18 year old kid who took a pill he didn’t know had been soaked in fentanyl. And every now and again that kid gets clean, straightens his life up, and by all appearances shows no signs of relapsing. There’s no reason to think he won’t live a productive life and raise a family of his own. I’m personally grateful that all my stupid has not been self correcting.
Another angle I consider. If we should let an addict “self correct”, where do we draw the line? Should we let diabetics “self correct” when their sugar drops? Mouth cancer patients that dip or chew? Smokers with lung cancer? Over weight heart patients? Drunks that wrap themselves around a tree?
Again, I’ve had the same thoughts as above, but I think it’s a razor thin line that has no business in my mind.

Agree 100%. I work as an EMT when Im not in the bush so I know exactly how you feel. A friend was about as far down the addiction trail as a person can get and he turned things around. He had a long successful career after he got clean. It happens.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 04:26 AM

You all will get your wish soon enough. Xylazine is in more and more fentanyl now, called “tranq”. Not an opioid, so narcan doesnt work. I think there’s a blocker, but it’s not out there yet.
Posted By: victor#0

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by DWC
You all will get your wish soon enough. Xylazine is in more and more fentanyl now, called “tranq”. Not an opioid, so narcan doesnt work. I think there’s a blocker, but it’s not out there yet.

Tranq also known as the zombie drug becuase it causes your skin to rot and fall off leaving big open sores. Like DWC said narcan is innefective when someone overdoses.
Posted By: Teacher

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 04:42 AM

I’m on the fence on this. One side of me says, “let them go”. The other side says, “be Christian and do what you can to save them”. Having been through a child’s suicide, it almost destroys the family to go through an avoidable death. So, I’m on the side that says save them until they can’t be saved.

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 04:50 AM

people in the depths of addiction to very hard drugs are beyond saving for the most part....95%+ are done.

hard drugs would not be as difficult to get off as fentanyl or the new zombie stuff...look at mike jackson....had everything a person could want and more and died an addict. many, many examples and I speak as a man of experience in this matter...
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 05:03 AM

As a retired EMT/firefighter, Narcan does save lives; but it's not a cure for the problem. There was a time when paramedics were the heros, as their could carry it, but BLS couldn't. Glad things have changed. With the intro of fentanyl, first responder incidences of exposure has increased. While my chance of exposure is exponentially less having retired, if I could get Narcan for free, I would carry two doses for myself because it's difficult not being a good samaritan when people are in distress.

Addicts carrying Narcan, I don't know ... seems to be enabling, providing a false sense of no negative consequences. It doesn't always work.

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 05:08 AM

free narcan for druggies meanwhile a 70 year old vet needs to decide between buying food or his meds...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 10:51 AM

If put in a position to save someone I would do it. Makes no difference whether they kick the addiction or not. I'll let God Almighty handle his/her fate.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 11:00 AM

I'm around people all the time who have recovered from the most severe drug addictions you can imagine. So many of them are walking, talking examples of the hope that is available to everyone. Restored to their families, relationships restored, in a good job and a productive worker. Many of them become full time counselors. You'd be surprised how many of them nearly died and were recovered by Narcan.

As long as there is a breath in them, there's hope. Give them every chance at life, enough of them will recover to make it all worthwhile. Drug abuse is more than stupid people making stupid mistakes. In virtually every case, life is stacked against them and they are looking for ways to smother the pain of traumatic incidents in their life, and in many cases they grew up in the drug culture and didn't really have a chance because they didn't know any other way. I hear their stories and my heart hurts for them and my heart is filled with joy every time someone escapes and their life is transformed. Save every one you can by any means necessary.

This short video shows the side of it that few people see from sound bites in the media: https://vimeo.com/771607095
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 11:36 AM

If drugs were legal people would go back to heroin. People live decades addicted to heroin. the OD's that are not suicide is from not knowing how pure the heroin is when bought from a drug dealer and not a pharmacy. This fentanyl/tranq thing is the result of brandon being in bed with the chinese. They can manufacture both without the need for poppies.

I believe if welfare were stopped and drugs legal the problem would self reduce in a hurry.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by T-REV
Im with Warrior. OD seems to be the cure.

EXACTLY!!! Demonrats want to keep it going . The only way they can get votes. Mush Brains.
Posted By: mskrtman

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:41 PM

I thought people on here were pro life. We save them because they're human and someones son, daughter sister brother etc. It gives them a chance to make things right and lead a good life. I have family members who were addicted and turned things around. We didn't like the life they were leading but never gave up on them no matter how hopeless it seemed.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:48 PM

Some of you guys on here are really something. Let the druggies die scum of the earth. Got to go almost Easter time got to get ready for church so I can set up front so everybody will see me.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:53 PM

Exactly right. Thousands have died from Fentanyl that has come from across the border.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
Some of you guys on here are really something. Let the druggies die scum of the earth. Got to go almost Easter time got to get ready for church so I can set up front so everybody will see me.

The same folks that thought you had to be gay to get aids back in the day.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 02:02 PM

Nothing unChristian about stopping all the drugs that are coming into this country across the border. An overwhelming amount of illegal immigrants make it impossible to check them all out according to the security people working the border. And we have an idiotic administration who refuses to even check out the border. Obviously, they aren't concerned about how many Americans die from drugs.

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by mskrtman
I thought people on here were pro life. We save them because they're human and someones son, daughter sister brother etc. It gives them a chance to make things right and lead a good life. I have family members who were addicted and turned things around. We didn't like the life they were leading but never gave up on them no matter how hopeless it seemed.

Just talked to a guy the other day who said he credits his recovery largely to his Grandmother who prayed for him for 20 years and always said she would never stop loving him no matter what.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
If drugs were legal people would go back to heroin. People live decades addicted to heroin. the OD's that are not suicide is from not knowing how pure the heroin is when bought from a drug dealer and not a pharmacy. This fentanyl/tranq thing is the result of brandon being in bed with the chinese. They can manufacture both without the need for poppies.

I believe if welfare were stopped and drugs legal the problem would self reduce in a hurry.

Bingo.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 03:13 PM

Know a guy with numerous OD's, Narcan keeps bringing him back, last time he was brought back in the hospital, Girlfriend brings him a new dose of heroin while IN the hospital bed, had to narcan him again....

Most of these folks will NEVER get clean....
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by gcs
Know a guy with numerous OD's, Narcan keeps bringing him back, last time he was brought back in the hospital, Girlfriend brings him a new dose of heroin while IN the hospital bed, had to narcan him again....

Most of these folks will NEVER get clean....

Bingo

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 03:59 PM

Lots of fall out with drug addicts .....most of the time the people around them would be better off if the selfish maggot overdosed .

Life isn't fair ..... And it's not full of rainbows and butterflies .
Posted By: chippewatrapper

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 04:23 PM

here's my piece: so say druggy's kid or family finds parent's drugs and ODs, the druggy having narcan might save da kid's life

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 04:31 PM

There is a difference in the general attitude a person has towards a general problem, and specific attitude a person has against a particular person with a particular problem; such as drug addiction.
I think it is okay to have a very black-and-white attitude towards something like narcotic addiction and the way the left thinks it should be treated, but when it comes to how I respond to an individual with a problem there might appear to be a contradiction. Not so.
Posted By: ZUTER

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 04:49 PM

More drug users = more crime.
More of your garages will be burglarized while you’re at work, more of cars will have a window broken while the change is stolen out of your ashtray. More aggressive panhandlers will frighten your spouse at intersections.
No, the police won’t investigate or solve any of these crimes either.
When your loved one needs the hospital, the emergency room is filled with these zombies who haven’t taken care of themselves and now need medical care. The medical care costs will be borne by you the taxpayer because these useless creatures are self centered and useless.
So glad narcan can be there to help the property crimes increase.

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 04:54 PM

Just talked to a guy not long ago who spent his life in the drug culture, and he's now 30 years old. He was in jail 9 times and almost died of an overdose at least twice. He told me that he smoked weed for the first time when he was 5 years old. With his parents.

He's now married and has a 5 year old of his own who's life is completely different than his was. He's singing on the worship team in front of a large church every Sunday morning. The dude can really sing he had no idea.

Save every single one you can boys. Save 'em all if you can. Death is permanent, being lost to drugs doesn't have to be.

If you want to hear more stories, I've got 'em by the hundreds. Like the guy who's parents couldn't take it any more so they sold their home and moved away without telling him where they were going. He is now recovered and moving up the ladder in his father's business.

Hundreds of stories like that not kidding. Save them all.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 06:00 PM

Which drug addicts are we just gonna stand around and watch die? Just the opiate ones? How about ethanol? Nicotine? Sucrose?

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

Exactly right. Thousands have died from Fentanyl that has come from across the border.

tens of, soon to be hundreds of...
Fentanyl killed more Americans in 2020 than car accidents, gun violence, breast cancer and suicide, according to the analysis of CDC data

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 06:15 PM

Using the logic of this thread, all of us that are overweight and have a heart attack, dip/chew and get mouth cancer, smoke and develop pneumonia, eat to much and get diabetes, spend to much time in the sun and get skin cancer, drink and wreck, or insert any other choice that has a deadly consequence, we should all just die without treatment. We are taking up hospital beds for all the healthy people. Oh yeah, all you people that didn’t wear a mask or get the Covid shot. Had y’all needed to go to the hospital, too bad. You made the wrong choice and should suffer the consequences.
Are you so high and mighty that you get to decide which life is worth saving?

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 06:32 PM

I think the fat slobs should all be mandated to get on a diet or pay a high tax. Drunk drivers should have license taken away, next offense=work farm 6 months. The sun is good for ya....maskers should be sent to the same state to live with other maskers...smoking should be illegal...lets not even talk about the trannies/politicians who broke the oath of office or you will think I am a hard man... smile
Posted By: rex123

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 06:37 PM

Trapper 7was talking about just letting people die instead of trying to help. If Jesus found a junkie laying in the street passing away do you think he would have left him there? I mean aren't they his children to? That is what my post was about.

Re: Narcan - 04/06/23 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
I think the fat slobs should all be mandated to get on a diet or pay a high tax. Drunk drivers should have license taken away, next offense=work farm 6 months. The sun is good for ya....maskers should be sent to the same state to live with other maskers...smoking should be illegal...lets not even talk about the trannies/politicians who broke the oath of office or you will think I am a hard man... smile

All the options you’ve given are alternatives to just letting them die, which is the suggestion many have had on this thread.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums