Home

Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj

Posted By: foxkidd44

Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 03/31/23 08:27 PM

How messed up is that? If you are caught with a slingshot in New Jersey,, it’s a class 4 felony,,, up to 18 months in prison. Slingshots are considered deadly weapons… and if you want a BB gun,, you have to go through the regular process as you would a firearm. Just found this out
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 03/31/23 08:48 PM

Maybe hammers should be on the list !
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 03/31/23 08:51 PM

Good!

The epidemic of drive by slingshottings has got to stop!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 03/31/23 09:04 PM

Big nanny state
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 03/31/23 09:17 PM

Slingshots are considered per se dangerous weapons under Title 2c – The New Jersey Code Of Criminal Justice Section 2C:39-3(e), making the possession, sale or transport of any type of slingshot without an "explainable lawful purpose” a felony of the fourth degree.

this is what google said. So I have to know if a 10 year old is in his grampas pasture shooting cans and frogs is that an "explainable lawful purpose"

What kind of cop even questions some kid with a sling shot? What kind of people allow that? What happens if somebody makes a shepherds sling? A tool really having the capability of serious injury or death? Life in prison?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 03/31/23 09:25 PM

Good, no more giant killings in NJ. Dang shepherd boys going around killing giants.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 03/31/23 10:06 PM

Those Automatic sling shots are Deadly and need to be Banned. Those Semi auto Hammers have to be outlawed as well. Why just last week a man was caught with a Kitchen Knife and it had an extended clip that held 25 Blades. This stuff has to be addressed by Hair Sniffer. He would be dumb enough to take it seriously!!!
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 03/31/23 10:29 PM

WMDs and assault slingshots !!!
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 03/31/23 11:12 PM

Everything is illegal in NJ. We just got concealed carry because of the Supreme Court. Until last July, nobody in NJ could carry a firearm. As soon as SCOTUS forced them to issue permits, NJ immediately passed a law that said you could now get a concealed carry permit but you can't carry on private property without express permission, you can't carry on public property, and you can't carry in your vehicle. So you could get a permit, but you still can't carry.

Fortunately most of that law was struck down by the courts almost as fast as it was passed. But we now have thousands of people who have never carried a gun before getting permits. Took 208 days to get mine approved. I've had out of state permits for years and because of reciprocity agreements I could carry in most of the country but not in my own state.

BB guns require a background check and FFL. Any ammo sales are reported to the state police and we are charged $5 for the report. Black powder guns require a background check. Buying a handgun requires the background check to be done twice - once by the police to get a permit to purchase one (which sometimes takes 6 months) and another background check at the gun shop. And slingshots are illegal "without a lawful purpose". You can't buy one here.

So we buy everything in PA or DE.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/01/23 12:15 AM

Hard for me to even imagine. The men in my family were teaching me to shoot as far back as I remember. One of my first memories is a coon my dad trapped out by the chicken house. He told me to shoot it after explaining where to put the bullet so it would not suffer.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/01/23 12:40 AM

Everyone complains about CA, but NJ is orders of magnitude worse. I go to CA on occasion. I have a good reason. I have no reason to even consider going to NJ.
Posted By: jk

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/01/23 12:46 AM

I was a kid in NJ and the older guys would say teach a kid first to sail a boat, then shoot a gun and then build a boat. I heard that several times in the '50s.......jk
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/01/23 02:32 AM

My son got a ticket when he was 12 for possesion of a weapon in a state park. The "weapon" was a wrist rocket sling shot. Should have lawyered up and fought that crap but just assumed it was a ticket that would go away.
He is 26 now and still has a Class C misdemeanor following him around, stupidest (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) I have ever heard

Has to explain it every time he applies for a new nursing job. I told him it makes him stand out from the other applicants.

This was in Texas no less
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/01/23 03:51 AM

organized crime doesn't want to catch a rock to the head while fleecing citizens

think about all NJ gun laws and self defense laws and then ask yourself , doesn't this serve organized crime better than the people ?
Posted By: T-REV

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/01/23 04:07 AM

God bless Georgia. We don’t have to deal with that $&@!………..yet.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/01/23 03:14 PM

Remove the pistol grip from your sling shot, and then you are ok.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/01/23 05:07 PM

It’s the start of outlawing all sorts of weapons and disarming America.
Posted By: 1oldforester

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/01/23 05:13 PM

I grew up in NJ. This sort of crap is just one of the many reasons that I saw no reason to return after I got out of the Navy.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/01/23 05:52 PM

Isn't possession of a foot hold trap some sort of crime there?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/01/23 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Good, no more giant killings in NJ. Dang shepherd boys going around killing giants.

grin
Posted By: Bill from NJ

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/01/23 08:26 PM

The State of Confusion, AKA: State of New Jersey.

Is one of the The most corrupt States in the Union.

Basically if it is fun, or interesting in the least, it is outlawed outright or against the law.

The mere possession of a foot hold trap, kids simple sling shot, or any type of BB gun is against the law, and grounds for arrest.

Only friends of political hacks or friends of judges can get permits to carry.

Every single politician in NJ is a scumbag. They Refuse to give up any power and their motivation is to continue to grow their power.

People here are brainwashed and kept as pets on the Dem plantation.

As long as the city dwelling lowlife continue get their goodies, nothing will ever change here.

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/01/23 09:32 PM

I won’t even visit a blue state anymore.
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/02/23 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bill from NJ
The State of Confusion, AKA: State of New Jersey.

Is one of the The most corrupt States in the Union.

Basically if it is fun, or interesting in the least, it is outlawed outright or against the law.

The mere possession of a foot hold trap, kids simple sling shot, or any type of BB gun is against the law, and grounds for arrest.

Only friends of political hacks or friends of judges can get permits to carry.

Every single politician in NJ is a scumbag. They Refuse to give up any power and their motivation is to continue to grow their power.

People here are brainwashed and kept as pets on the Dem plantation.

As long as the city dwelling lowlife continue get their goodies, nothing will ever change here.

What about nail guns?
Posted By: eric space

Re: Possession of a slingshot a felony in nj - 04/03/23 03:40 PM

Ban on slingshots work!!
Since NJ has made them illegal not one business or person has been held up by a criminal with a slingshot. And you thought total slingshot contol didn't work.
Same with foottraps, once they were made illegal to posess not a single person in NJ has possessed one!! We have converted them to body grip traps, (ever catch a weasel in a #2 victor, a house rat in a # 4 Montgomery)?
Only restriction is the body grip trap must be set underwater, so the old "water set" has been reserected.. Now if I can just find a weasel to catch.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums