Home

Pruning Saw

Posted By: 1rivercabin53

Pruning Saw - 03/16/23 07:51 PM

Hi everyone looking to buy a good pruning saw. I have a few trees that need some work and would like to buy a very nice pruning saw that will last and get the job done. It can be a long handle or just a short one. Thanks for the input. Larry
Posted By: ZAC

Re: Pruning Saw - 03/16/23 11:23 PM

Silky is about the best in my opinion. Fanno makes a nice saw too. Both expensive brands but cut amazing
Posted By: 1rivercabin53

Re: Pruning Saw - 03/16/23 11:24 PM

No one must use a pruning saw anymore. Have had 76 views in three hours and not one reply . Thanks anyway will just try to pick out a good one myself but never had one before.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Pruning Saw - 03/16/23 11:32 PM

Silky is the top of the lot. Pretty much select your favorite profile silky and you'll be happy
Posted By: OKforester

Re: Pruning Saw - 03/16/23 11:42 PM

Are you talking hand saw, pole saw, manual, gas, or battery. Lots of variables to narrow down. How much you wanting to spend?
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Pruning Saw - 03/16/23 11:43 PM

I have a folding saw I use for deer hunting that I can stow in my pack. It is a pruning saw, not 100% sure but I think it is a Felco. I have had it for 25-30yrs
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Pruning Saw - 03/17/23 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by 1rivercabin53
No one must use a pruning saw anymore. Have had 76 views in three hours and not one reply . Thanks anyway will just try to pick out a good one myself but never had one before.

Patience grasshopper.

On the farm we use Felco brand pruning shears and saws
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Pruning Saw - 03/17/23 12:19 AM

Felco and silky are both good, but I reach for a cordless sawzall with a 10" pruning blade most often now.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Pruning Saw - 03/17/23 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Silky is the top of the lot. Pretty much select your favorite profile silky and you'll be happy

X2
Posted By: EdP

Re: Pruning Saw - 03/17/23 12:22 AM

Silky saws are terrific. They have a number of different sizes. Mine is a Gomboy. The double tooth design cuts amazingly fast and cuts a wide kerf so the blade doesn't bind.
Posted By: jk

Re: Pruning Saw - 03/17/23 12:25 AM

The silky and fanno if kept clean will CUT. You will be amazed how many cut you can make and big ones too. I have used the Fanno for many years and just last year in a yard sale got a new one, then In a drawing got a silky and that is even better. Good products, no BS.......jk
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Pruning Saw - 03/17/23 12:40 AM

Felco here for my fruit trees and stands hand and lopper. Husqvarna gas extendable chainsaw for higher up an mature trees. Love my husky pruner.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums