Home

Is this for real?

Posted By: Bob Jameson

Is this for real? - 03/04/23 05:33 PM

I received a call from this broken English or Spanish woman saying I qualify for a "free" new smart phone and free paid service for up to 5 years. Unlimited talk and text so she explained.

I don't text and I don't currently have a smart phone. She said if I get any Gov't support services one of which is Social Security you qualify for this phone deal.

Is this part of the Affordable Care Act that we all are paying for?

I told her I would have to look into this further to determine if this is legitimate and if I would I be hurting someone more needy than myself if I accepted this offer?.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Is this for real? - 03/04/23 06:03 PM

Lots of phone scammers out there. Nothing is free!
Posted By: Line Jumper

Re: Is this for real? - 03/04/23 06:07 PM

It’s true get your free Obama phone
Posted By: Line Jumper

Re: Is this for real? - 03/04/23 06:13 PM

Counties were handing them out here, not unlimited minutes thought, that one sounds like a scam
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Is this for real? - 03/04/23 06:23 PM

I get frequent calls from "Social Security" telling me they can help me get benefits or disability. When they leave messages, they never say my name or any identifying information about me, which tells me it's a phishing scam.

Keith
Posted By: Boco

Re: Is this for real? - 03/04/23 07:21 PM

Unless you are in need of a free phone-fuggedaboudit.
Posted By: K9Wolfer

Re: Is this for real? - 03/04/23 07:32 PM

Your Income Is Probably Too High To Qualify
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Is this for real? - 03/04/23 09:13 PM

She said it doesn't matter what your income is, as long as you receive some form of Federal distribution of funds. I told her several times I am sure I won't qualify for this program. She said I do. It's some promotion from this new cell phone company called Selecto or something like that. I couldn't understand her very well.

She said her company was given this opportunity to use our tax $$ to pay all these things. It is a cell phone company in Nebraska so she says.

This is the number, maybe some of you folks can give them a call and get this sweet deal. 402 307 5145
Posted By: waggler

Re: Is this for real? - 03/04/23 09:33 PM

I'm selling some ocean front property in Arizona, let me know if you're interested.
Posted By: K9Wolfer

Re: Is this for real? - 03/05/23 06:54 PM

02-307-5145
402 area code: Nebraska (Columbus, Lincoln, Omaha)

Read comments below about 4023075145. Report unwanted calls to help identify who is using this phone number.
George
31 May 2018
Called 7:45 pm. Left no message. Assume telemarketer.

Amy
26 May 2022 | 1 reply
She started talking about government funding for telephone service. I told her we wouldn't qualify, and hung up. She had a foreign accent, which may not be suspect, but unfortunately a lot of these calls are scammers from India.
Call type: Scam suspicion
Misty
28 Sep 2022
Missed call. Tried to call back multiple times. My call is answered and they immediately disconnect.
Anon
2 Jan 2023
Caller ID set account services. I answered. I asked who's calling before they could say anything and they hung up. SCAM
Caller: Scammer
Call type: Scam suspicion
Posted By: victor#0

Re: Is this for real? - 03/05/23 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
Lots of phone scammers out there. Nothing is free!

Everything is free if you check all the right boxes wink
© 2024 Trapperman Forums