Home

Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito

Posted By: BernieB.

Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 02:39 PM

No surprise here. Something that has been passed off as a natural sweetener, growing in popularity for the past few years, is found to significantly increase risk of heart disease and stroke.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/erythritol-linked-heart-attack-stroke
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 03:25 PM

I agree. I was always skeptical of that stuff. Give me "killer-white" sugar, or give me nuthin'!
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 03:28 PM

Is that also fatal to canines?
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I agree. I was always skeptical of that stuff. Give me "killer-white" sugar, or give me nuthin'!

If you are Diabetic it WILL within days!!!!

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
No surprise here. Something that has been passed off as a natural sweetener, growing in popularity for the past few years, is found to significantly increase risk of heart disease and stroke.

Bernie. Thanks!! As a Diabetic I USED to use it but no more!!!
Posted By: Tim64

You are conflating stevia with sugar alcohols. Stevia is a plant and has no alcohol. Stevia is a natural sweetener derived from the leaves of the Stevia rebaudiana plant. It is much sweeter than sugar, with zero calories and a glycemic index of zero, meaning it does not raise blood sugar levels. Stevia is a popular choice for people with diabetes, those looking to reduce their sugar intake, and those following a low-carb or keto diet.
Posted By: Elkguy

Not sure about that stuff but xylitol is fatal to canines and can be bought at health food stores.

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 03:37 PM

Bernie. Thanks!! As a Diabetic I USED to use it but no more!!!

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tim64
You are conflating stevia with sugar alcohols. Stevia is a plant and has no alcohol. Stevia is a natural sweetener derived from the leaves of the Stevia rebaudiana plant. It is much sweeter than sugar, with zero calories and a glycemic index of zero, meaning it does not raise blood sugar levels. Stevia is a popular choice for people with diabetes, those looking to reduce their sugar intake, and those following a low-carb or keto diet.

Where do you get stevia extract without Erythritol? I don't know of anywhere.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 03:42 PM

True, the name association with the natural plant Stevia grossly misrepresents the real thing. I have used natural stevia for decades. My blood and heart tests are totally clear and healthy every time. This other stuff is obviously a marketing ploy to confuse buyers who don't know the difference.

Too bad, because natural stevia is the best sweetener out there that anyone can use .

Reading carefully the ingredients is what needs to be done on any product.

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon

True, the name association with the natural plant Stevia grossly misrepresents the real thing. I have used natural stevia for decades. My blood and heart tests are totally clear and healthy every time. This other stuff is obviously a marketing ploy to confuse buyers who don't know the difference.

Too bad, because natural stevia is the best sweetener out there that anyone can use .

If you are making it yourself, good for you. But most people are not. https://www.amazon.com/Truvia-Natur...hy=9020136&hvtargid=pla-760737485671

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 03:47 PM

Wrong. It can and is bought in pure natural form.

What you posted on Amazon is the fake stuff that has been tampered with . I would avoid that like the plague too.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 03:51 PM

Same here Sharon, been using natural stevia for a long time. In my opinion it is perfectly safe and actually a far safer and better-for-your-health choice than any other sweetener I know of.

Many manufacturers have climbed on board since the popularity has spiked and most of them are not producing anything like pure, natural stevia. Truvia is one of the worst. I know my wife complains about the difficulty of finding natural stevia with no additives like erythrito which is definitely not good for you.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 03:57 PM

X2
Posted By: Guss

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 05:32 PM

Suger is responsible for so much bad things to the human body.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 05:50 PM

Erythrito and stevia are totally different. Pure stevia is safe to use. I've been using it for years. Pure stevia is healthier than pure sugar, which isn't healthy.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 05:51 PM

Just buy the liquid Stevia to avoid the alcohols that are used to give Stevia the same texture as sugar apples and oranges. A report did say Stevia is not recommended for younger children because of developmental issues.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: waggler

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Elkguy
Not sure about that stuff but xylitol is fatal to canines and can be bought at health food stores.

So you're saying we should be careful that we don't drop our sugar-free gum along the trail where a wolf might accidentally pick it up?

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Just buy the liquid Stevia to avoid the alcohols that are used to give Stevia the same texture as sugar apples and oranges. A report did say Stevia is not recommended for younger children because of developmental issues.

[Linked Image]

Jerry, see in your pic of that product- that's the FAKE spiked stuff, that is NOT pure stevia. No wonder they had that warning. I wouldn't take it at any age.

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 08:09 PM

I just use it in my coffee nothing else, I use about 2 packs a day. I’ve not had any raw sugar in over a year now and I lived on it before it was a tough road giving up sugar and all sweets but I do it. Found a lot of lesser evils to live on I could not do the sticks and bark route that’s not living to me. LOL
Posted By: Guss

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 08:29 PM

Honey is alot better sweeteners healthy to.

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 08:33 PM

[Linked Image]

Jerry, see in your pic of that product- that's the FAKE spiked stuff, that is NOT pure stevia. No wonder they had that warning. I wouldn't take it at any age.

Right, that's not the stuff I've been using either; not the pure stevia. It even says it has Eyrthrito in it. The kind I buy is just Stevia. Been using pure stevia for probably at least 10 years.
Posted By: imissed

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 09:08 PM

Not a problem for me. I don't use sugar or fake sugar on anything!
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 09:23 PM

Bla bla bla. There's also studies that say the earth is flat.

Was a study a few years back that said apples cause cancer, too. Not pesticide ridden apples but just apples.

Then we can get into the conflicting "studies" as to whether or not eggs will make you live till 100, or will kill you dead in an hours time.

I'm a bee keeper. Always seem to have a couple thousand pounds of honey laying around to sweeten whatever I want, but still, I'm not bringing a bottle of honey with me to sweeten my fountain pop when I stop at the gas station. Sheese.
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 02/28/23 10:27 PM

I too was a little bit worried,, doing research I found out that stevia is not what they were talking about , I use stevia exclusively . I’ve done a tremendous amount of watching what I eat by cutting carbs and sugar because my triglycerides were very high. People are concerned about cholesterol but don’t realize that high triglycerides are just as bad or even worse. Triglycerides can also deposit plague in your arteries… you don’t realize the garbage you eat, until you realize the garbage you’re eating.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 12:28 AM

If you are making it yourself, good for you. But most people are not. https://www.amazon.com/Truvia-Natur...hy=9020136&hvtargid=pla-760737485671

Here's one....there are others. Link

Personally, I prefer monk fruit sweetener but I suppose that'll kill me too lol.

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 12:36 AM

Use molasses-it is not near as refined and has more vitamins and minerals in it.
Makes stuff taste like caramel.

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 12:52 AM

Lots of videos on YouTube about the different non-sugar options and how they are processed in the human body some have greater impacts on the blood sugar levels vs others.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 01:01 AM

Here a doctor discusses the new study

Posted By: nate

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 01:02 AM

B. B.
Tuff crowd here there's a lot of BS that our FADA and CDC passes as ok that is nothing but poison, not many here will buy it though. If they pass it it's good to go.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 01:13 AM

Sac oil favors too grin

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 04:33 AM

Seen that story on FB a while ago CNN reporting and Nature something came up with the study I think Ill wait before I dump mine out. LOL
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 05:00 PM

Give me "killer-white" sugar, or give me nuthin'!
And then there is the not so white typical table sugar seen in places like South America that is even a little less processed.

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 05:12 PM

Sugar in the raw brand is less processed
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 05:24 PM

We have some strange ideas about processed foods in this country.

Processed sugar and flour-BAD

Maple Syrup-just as processed, but-GOOD
Posted By: hippie

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 05:33 PM

I'm glad I'm not Diabetic, love me some sugar.

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

Sucks big time I could make a meal out of cake but that could be a cause and effect problem I have now.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

Sucks big time I could make a meal out of cake but that could be a cause and effect problem I have now.

I hear ya!

I'm able to still eat as my ancestors have and it includes sugar, they all lived to almost 90 if not older.

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 05:45 PM

Listen, y'all...

If you want another great alternative , consider Agave Nectar. It looks and acts just as honey, but with some big differences. It is also processed in the body well, known for no sugar spikes in the system that other sweeteners have ( not including Stevia). It has the smoothness much as synthetic oil does in machinery. It mixes beautifully with flour or other things without clumping up and being a general pain. Perfect in baking. It won't crystallize -not that I know of. It is very good and has different colour tones and nice tastes, according to the Agave plant grown, just as honey does , according to what flowers it is made from. A very nice alternative for me, next to stevia.

Of course, nothing beats raw honey for all its medicinal purposes and healing powers. Honeybees are in a league all their own , irreplaceable to the world.

But for the purposes of insulin resistance , blood sugar spikes, etc., stevia and agave nectar are tops. Of course, the real thing, with no fake ingredients that poison the body.

Ovah and out...
Posted By: Elkguy

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
Originally Posted by Elkguy

So you're saying we should be careful that we don't drop our sugar-free gum along the trail where a wolf might accidentally pick it up?

Or any xylitol flavored hamburger patties you might be carrying around with you!

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/01/23 06:10 PM

Easy fix for me if I go with the liquid Stevia, I can’t find anything else in the house that has Erythritol in the mix. From that YouTube post it sounds like you need to eat it all day to be a real problem.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/02/23 05:15 PM

I have used the agave nectar for quite a few years now, and as a diabetic, think it is tops. Too much processed junk food out there. I first learned about the agave from a site called Diabetes Daily. There is a lot of info on that site for diabetics!

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/02/23 05:30 PM

I've never heard of Agave Nectar so I looked it up. There is all kinds of it sold by Walmart. Is Agave in the Raw, the pure kind? Or, what do you look for? I'd like to try it.

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/02/23 05:33 PM

Tequila is my favorite Agave nectar.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/02/23 05:35 PM

Keep in mind all the Erythritol is made in China. Who knows what they put in it.

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/02/23 05:38 PM

Look on YouTube for charts of how the substitute sweeteners metabolize some may spike your blood sugar level more then others will.

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/02/23 05:49 PM

Boco is being cute again....

Y7, I have just bought whatever brand appealed to me at the time. I don't know if it is refined, as honey is, or not.

Like Yukon Jeff says, always make sure of the ingredients , in anything. Marketing ploys abound with things that have been inherently good , before the foreign ingredients were added by some companies.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/02/23 06:09 PM

people should ingest as little man made compounds as possible....avoid anything refined and anything that has a long ingredient list. One ingredient foods are best but some have a small amount of sea salt or something that is not man made which is no real issue...long ingredient list foods contain lots of man made garbage.
Posted By: bowhunter27295

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/02/23 10:15 PM

If it is true stevia, it literally takes less than a small pinch to flavor a cup of coffee sweet.

TRUE stevia is not erythritol. Apples to oranges.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/02/23 11:12 PM

Wonder how well it interacts with the shots.
Posted By: nate

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/02/23 11:31 PM

Lard,butter,raw milk, sugarcane, all
Natural good healthy food that the government says no no it's bad for you, you need to eat soybean oil burnt milk and high fructose corn syrup, our gov./ medical professions a joke.
Posted By: bowhunter27295

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/03/23 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Wonder how well it interacts with the shots.

Safe and effective. Everything with the jab is safe and effective. Zero side effects.
Posted By: Patrice

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/03/23 10:39 PM

Stevia and erythritol are both naturally occurring sweeteners, but are two completely different things. Pure stevia extract is from the stevia plant and has no sugar alcohols, but does not taste as much like sugar as many other sweeteners. It's extremely sweet in very small amounts and works well in certain applications, but has a very different flavor from sugar.

Erithritol is one of a group of natural sugar alcohol compounds that can be found in nature in many places, but of course is mass produced by a fermentation process commercially. It tastes much more like sugar and works better than stevia in a number of cooking applications, but many people will have digestive upset from eating too much of it. The recent study being referenced calls for more research and doesn't seem to definitively establish a causal relationship. I'll wait on that one.

Both stevia and erithritol can be useful in certain places to sweeten food or beverages when it is important to keep blood sugar and insulin levels down. When it is absolutely imperative that something tastes identical to sugar (sprinkled right on top of certain desserts, for example), I may just wince and get out the bag of totally unnatural Splenda (created in a laboratory in a fascinating but frankenstein-like process). I do not like to do it, but do it on rare occasions! laugh

A lot of confusion comes in because so many low carb or low calorie sweetening products are blends of multiple ingredients like some of you mentioned, but you can generally find pure extracts or substances by searching the internet and reading ingredient lists.

Re: Stevia artificial sweetener can kill you Erythrito - 03/03/23 11:06 PM

I was thinking about your input on this, Patrice...thank you !
© 2024 Trapperman Forums