Home

Dang: An Attack Rooster

Posted By: Canvasback2

Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/20/23 11:39 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/world/irish-rooster-violent-past-kills-man-attack-back-leg-court#&_intcmp=hp1bt5,hp1bt
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/21/23 03:01 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/world/irish-rooster-violent-past-kills-man-attack-back-leg-court
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/21/23 03:26 AM

She was worried about help cleaning up the blood from the government unbelievable. Intelligence on full display. "She suspected it was the rooster with blood in its legs since it had attacked her daughter before"

I had a rooster jump up and flog one of my sons when he we 3. His first ouch caught my attention and I looked his direction in time to see the rooster jumping up and nail him a 2nd time. I hollered at my son to come to me and as soon as he was clear my glock was recoiling in my hand the the rooster was flopping with a nice round 40 cal hole in its head. I don't remember drawing or aiming it was like the gun magically appeared and recoiled in my hand.

Point is problems don't last long or get a 2nd chance to cause more problems.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/21/23 11:49 AM

We've had several "attack roosters" over the years. They are eventually invited to dinner.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/21/23 11:53 AM

I think all farm kids have been thrashed by a rooster. I sure did.
We recently had a blue bantam rooster that would take me every time I got close to his hens. I'd smack him down but he would not quit. Kept coming back for more. Coons finally got him when our trusted caretaker didn't close the door one night. Now hawks have got two hens since the rooster is gone!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/21/23 12:04 PM

Frisky roosters would get punted on our farm.Persistant ones went in the oven.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/21/23 12:10 PM

Everyone of my kids has a hated rooster or two from its childhood.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/21/23 01:14 PM

Me thinks there is more to this Irish rooster story.....
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/21/23 01:46 PM

Carry a Stick into the coop.
We had one that we knocked out 7 times. Each time I thought. "Well' there goes that rooster" each time he woke up meaner than ever. I sold the whole flock after raising a new batch of layers.

Our new rooster is Mello- yet
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/21/23 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
We've had several "attack roosters" over the years. They are eventually invited to dinner.

HA HA HA!! With a special seating arrangement!!!
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/21/23 02:02 PM

I would make sure to Par Boil it to tenderize it before frying !!!
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/21/23 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Carry a Stick into the coop.
We had one that we knocked out 7 times. Each time I thought. "Well' there goes that rooster" each time he woke up meaner than ever. I sold the whole flock after raising a new batch of layers.

Our new rooster is Mello- yet

Agree. We have "the stick" next to the back door that the kids still grab when they feed the chickens and grab eggs. It's been the same stick for years. Snakes have died by and roosters have been whacked with the stick.

This thread brought back some fun memories of watching my children being chased and screaming as they ran back to the house. My wife and I would die laughing. Even my now high school son who is mister tough guy wrestler is on video screaming and crying being chased by roosters when he was younger. To this day, he still grabs the stick.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/21/23 04:04 PM

When i started dating my wife everyone on their farm was afraid to gather the eggs cause of the aggressive rooster I volunteered picked the eggs and next morning the rooster was found dead in a corner of the coop Go figure
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/21/23 06:19 PM

We have a big ole boy that kept up with the flogging for awhile. Got tired of it, and put him in the pen with three ruin ducks. Left him in there for better than two months. Changed his whole outlook on life. He doesn’t even crow anymore, I hope he is still fertile! Just set about three dozen eggs in the incubator, and if it ruined his sex drive, guess I’ll find out!

I have always said that if you look into a rooster’s eye, you can see the ground on the other side of his head! lol
Posted By: BRONZEBACK

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/22/23 03:19 AM

Watched my great grandpa shoot one with a .410 that tore him up. I was 7 or 8 but remember it like it was yesterday.
Posted By: patfundine

Re: Dang: An Attack Rooster - 02/22/23 03:30 AM

Brings back memories.

Grandpa Al used a pitch fork like a spear on mean one and had rooster for supper.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums