Home

wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps?

Posted By: NEtrapper.

wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/06/23 02:34 AM

Has anyone used the wolf creek weasel traps or does everyone use the victor rat traps?
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/06/23 03:57 AM

I've always used Victor rat traps for weasel but I put a pan on them. I set the rat rap in a box at the front where the weasel has to step on it when entering the box. The bait is placed at the back of the box, not on the pan. And they work great.[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/06/23 11:22 AM

rat trap, its consider a killer trap no check limit

Re: wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/07/23 01:13 AM

These are what I am asking about:

https://www.wolfcreekproducts.net/weasel-trap

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/07/23 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by NEtrapper.

[Linked Image]
Understood, just a copy of the Victor rat trap with the yellow pan which will work great if positioned right, as shown in my previous post.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/07/23 04:04 AM

Haven’t used them but they look decent and reasonably priced. Hopefully the springs last. The victors were a crapshoot from one trap to the next. Weaker spring meant bigger chunk of old mink stretcher under the one end of spring arm to give it more whack! And tape up the kill bar like tomcat has his done. Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/07/23 11:21 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
this is now we make them
Posted By: 160user

Re: wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/07/23 11:49 AM

I like the idea of the metal pan as far as it lasting but I can see every animal frozen to the pan.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/07/23 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
I like the idea of the metal pan as far as it lasting but I can see every animal frozen to the pan.

Agree but find the plastic pan wares and the trigger becomes very sensitive going of with temperature changes. I find I have to file a rough area on the wire to make it work again. I've seen the regular rat traps with wire mesh used as a bait pan.
Posted By: k snow

Re: wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/07/23 02:02 PM

I put pieces of yard sign (corrugated plastic) on the metal, regular traps. I'll get a pic when I get home. Just like bctomcat's pic above.
Makes them sensitive enough to catch the bait stealing short tailed shrews.
Posted By: 160user

Re: wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/07/23 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by NEtrapper.

[Linked Image]

I was actually going to order some just to try but the shipping price was more than the dozen traps.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/07/23 04:01 PM

I always used the Victors with the yellow plastic pan. Problem was, eventually the pan comes off and I couldn't find any place that sells a replacement pan. Right now, I have about 10 worthless traps without a pan.

I posted on here once asking about making a pan, but nobody seem to have a solution or knew where to get replacement pans.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/07/23 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
I always used the Victors with the yellow plastic pan. Problem was, eventually the pan comes off and I couldn't find any place that sells a replacement pan. Right now, I have about 10 worthless traps without a pan.

I posted on here once asking about making a pan, but nobody seem to have a solution or knew where to get replacement pans.

Look at that pan on the trap posted. How hard would that be to make? Get you some tin (old soup can would be fine) and tin snips and small drill bit,,, wahlah, new pans. Maybe need to cut the head off and bend a nail into a staple shape to hold it down. After the first one you'd be looking at 3-4 min to make each of the rest, maybe.

Re: wolf creek weasel traps or Victor Rat Traps? - 02/07/23 09:46 PM

The shipping is what has kept me from ordering them as well. I havent been able to find them at any of the trap supply places either
© 2024 Trapperman Forums