Home

I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today

Posted By: cathryn

I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:14 PM

I had a little mishap today.

Why do they put those big concrete things out in the middle of nowhere in a parking lot?????

[Linked Image]

Hopefully he won't be too mad...it's yhe first real ding I've put on a vehicle we've owned.

He doesn't know yet.

He's at work.

We do have full coverage but we just got it back from the shop like 2 weeks ago. eek
Posted By: k snow

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:16 PM

That'll buff out.

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:20 PM

No it won't.lol
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:22 PM

The cement deer ran right into your door. Worth a try?
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:22 PM

Buy him another donkey colt that will smooth it over
Posted By: Sharon

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:24 PM

What a terrible feeling...no one else can punish you near as much as you do yourself, that's the way most of us feel, anyway.

If the door still closes safely and opens, you could see first what your insurance will say, so soon after the last claim , then make your decision from there.
Posted By: DWC

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:24 PM

Dont feel too bad. I did the exact same thing in a Menards parking lot about 12 years ago. Felt like a real idiot.
Posted By: k snow

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:26 PM

My former boss hit one head on and totalled his 4 year old Expedition. Said he was only doing 10mph.

Nessmuck could paintless dent pull that for a bottle of whiskey I'm sure.
Posted By: larrywaugh

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:29 PM

Go get a can of gray spray paint he might not even notice.

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon
What a terrible feeling...no one else can punish you near as much as you do yourself, that's the way most of us feel, anyway.

If the door still closes safely and opens, you could see first what your insurance will say, so soon after the last claim , then make your decision from there.

We had no claim on our insurance. The transmission was covered under warranty and not my fault.

I don't think he'll be mad..he's usually the one denting up the vehicles..worst part is..now I'm Honda hear all about it from now on..because I'm always Givin him grief about hitting stuff for no reason.

On time he hit a huge boulder..he had parked in behind it and forgot it was there and got back in the truck and ran right into it and he hit the same tree 2 years in a row trapping in wyoming.

That'd why he won't say too much..I don't think.

I'm sure sorry it happened but thankfully it wasn't another vehicle and no one was hurt.

I had my daughter and granddaughter with me at the time.

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:34 PM

OK, that's good. I misunderstood when you mentioned you just got it out of the shop , along with full coverage stated in the same thought.

Your insurance should help out, I'm thinking. That's what you pay them for .

Glad you all are ok. That's the important thing.

Posted By: KeithC

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:34 PM

At least it was not a child or other human being. I hate seeing parents walking through a crowded parking with toddlers waddling along 15 or 20 feet behind or running ahead. I've started saying something to parents when I see them doing that now.

Keith
Posted By: Cragar

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
Nessmuck could paintless dent pull that for a bottle of whiskey I'm sure.

PDR might work. Replacing the door might be easier. Luckily it looks like it is just the door. Maybe some hinge or A pillar or B pillar work. Hard to tell from pic.

The main thing is no one got hurt. Sheet metal is replaceable , humans are not. Glad you didn't get hurt.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:36 PM

Now ther is a woman driver joke in there somewhere but I will leave it for someone else. Lol

I got my inlaws suv with my jeep once when they parked behind and beside me in my drive way. It happens and getting up set about it never slove a thing. Just fix it and go on.
Posted By: Tahquatrap

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:43 PM

If it were me, my first thought would have been… Who’s the horses arse that put that thing there where a fool
Like me could hit it!!

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:52 PM

Hopefully he won't be too mad either because I did manage to market 25 otter with the feet on for him today for 50.00 and count em.

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tahquatrap
If it were me, my first thought would have been… Who’s the horses arse that put that thing there where a fool
Like me could hit it!!

I said ..why in the did some idiot put the stupid thing here?? Lol..for some.other idiot to hit.

grin
Posted By: HILLTOP TRAPPER

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:54 PM

i did the same thing in september,i feel your pain.stupid concrete parking lot pillars.i was backing out from a spot and there was an elderly lady walking slow behind my truck,so i waited untill she was way clear of my truck before i moved,but forgot about the pillar i parked next to and bang!i was pretty mad at my self but waaaay better than somebody getting hurt.providence is right fix it and move on.i had full coverage too,when i called my insurance lady she kinda laughed,she said that happens quite often.LOL
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:54 PM

That AIN'T a ding, Cathryn!
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 08:57 PM

Tell him a boulder rolled down of the hill while you were driving past and it t- boned you.

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

If he did it he'd call it a ding..like when he jckknifed the trailer into his...2 or 4 times to every truck he's ever owned.lol

He wrecked my other silverado twice..IN THE SAME DAY!!!!!!!!..a couple months after we got it.

It was icy and He hit the guardrail..went across the interstate and hit the other guardrail too...opposite side....same accident...then he backed into the loading dock at the feedstore..same day!...1.5 hours apart.

I do think the door could be replaced..the easiest way to go cause ya ain't buffin that out..guaranteed!

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391
Tell him a boulder rolled down of the hill while you were driving past and it t- boned you.

Lmao..he'd wanna see the accident sight. Lol..and I wouldn't lie to him..but I'd like to..cause I know he's gonna say..how in the heck did you hit that thing? I turned right into it.
Posted By: Boco

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:02 PM

If you have accident forgiveness clause(sometimes called a no claim bonus) it wont cost you a thing-that is what insurance is for.
If you have another one within 2 years and claim it,your insurance rate will go up,since it takes 2 years no claims for the accident forgiveness clause to apply again.

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:04 PM

He also backed onto his bosses truck a month ago and busted out his taillight in his 2021 frontier

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:07 PM

grin I just thought of a scene from Fried Green Tomatoes.... " How, in the h... , did you hit the same car in the parking lot, six times , by accident ??" With that thick southern drawl....

Iffin ya haven't seen that movie , you both need to ...puts humor to things like this .

grin
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:10 PM

Cathryn....quickly go into the bathroom and grab the toilet plungaah....then wipe off the dirt in the middle of that "Ding" and give that plunger a tug. You may have to do it in a few spots. And if you see a high ridge crease ....just lightly tap that with a rubber mallet....He'll nevah notice it

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:11 PM

Listen to Nessy....if you've evah seen his cahs, you'd know he does first class body work.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by cathryn

If he did it he'd call it a ding..like when he jckknifed the trailer into his...2 or 4 times to every truck he's ever owned.lol

He wrecked my other silverado twice..IN THE SAME DAY!!!!!!!!..a couple months after we got it.

It was icy and He hit the guardrail..went across the interstate and hit the other guardrail too...opposite side....same accident...then he backed into the loading dock at the feedstore..same day!...1.5 hours apart.

I do think the door could be replaced..the easiest way to go cause ya ain't buffin that out..guaranteed!

Lol!

So...your going to use the "you did it too" to hopefully ease his pain??

Good plan!

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:15 PM

[Linked Image]

See my toilet plunger there...it works on dents like yours .. to fool Jerry..lol
Posted By: white17

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:16 PM

You can fix that quick with an oily rag
Posted By: jalstat

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:17 PM

Just a truck as long as you’re not hurt doesn’t matter
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:25 PM

It's fixable. I think the most of us have done it.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:51 PM

I have a plan, get a Coyote (cartoon) sticker like he hit a wall. Put that in the middle of the smashed it part, then put a Road Runner beside it with his tongue out!
Posted By: grumley701

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:53 PM

Ouch Cathryn, stay off your phone when you're driving....lol
Posted By: Northof50

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 09:54 PM

Is midnight auto out of business ?
Posted By: gcs

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 10:07 PM

As long as it closes just leave it, gives the truck some "character", lol

I once backed into my brothers 67 mustang, he was close, the truck was high, the car was low....Stuff happens.. grin
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 10:33 PM

It sucks, but that's what insurance is for. Don't beat yourself up too bad - stuff happens!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 10:45 PM

That's a lot of leek picken to make up for that.LOL,,its just a truck,,they make em every day.No one hurt is the important thing.
Posted By: Osky

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by white17
You can fix that quick with an oily rag

And use a nail to start it loose the key,
Don’t pay no mind to that whiring sound, sh’ell use a little oil outside-a that she’s cherry.

Osky
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 10:57 PM

hope you got full coverage !! Funny how a blink of an eye can cause such a big headache. I know remember my boat incident.

Boy hope they don't get unto you for driving to fast in broad daylight and hitting something sitting in a parking lot that has been there awhile ..... . Next step is not to stroke out at the estimate....

You could just park with that side away from the house . He might not see it until You can get it fixed !!!!
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 11:01 PM

Is there any way you can convince Jerry his new trapping partner puppy jumped against the door? grin

I sent you a PM too.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 11:12 PM

Whew thought maybe you stepped on the mousehound an did it in
Posted By: MnMan

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 11:25 PM

Calling that a "ding" is an awfully big understatement.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 11:39 PM

Gives it character, looks like a work truck now. I have never wrecked a vehicle either, this summer I pulled in my yard to eat a sandwich under the shade tree during hay season. I was so tired I ran over the well casing leaving in a hurry and did something just about like that to a f250
Posted By: PSB1011

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/03/23 11:51 PM

That is not a mishap,that is a full blown catasterphy!!!
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 12:05 AM

That door was going to rust out eventually so you did Jerry a favor.You can sell anything else you should be able to sell that.
Posted By: Boco

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 01:09 AM

Jerry must have killed her-she hasnt posted on this thread for 4 hours.
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Sharon
grin I just thought of a scene from Fried Green Tomatoes.... " How, in the h... , did you hit the same car in the parking lot, six times , by accident ??" With that thick southern drawl....

Iffin ya haven't seen that movie , you both need to ...puts humor to things like this .

grin

I am a dude and thought of this scene a well. Ha!
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 05:36 AM

Is it just the door ?

You could prolly find one in the same color and year in the recycle network

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Is it just the door ?

One would think ! She finds Jerry trapping land ...beaver,Marten, ramps, antlers...A door the same color should be a piece of cake ..
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Originally Posted by AntiGov
Is it just the door ?

One would think ! She finds Jerry trapping land ...beaver,Marten, ramps, antlers...A door the same color should be a piece of cake ..

Yes she it impressive enough I have been thinking I may need to head to her state with my boys when they get older and see if any of the younger ones are of her caliber for them. But I have a while since thay are only 10 and 12 now. But planning ahead never hurts. Wonder if she knows of any prospect,?
Posted By: run

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 12:42 PM

Like others have said. A good junkyard can really be helpful.

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 06:19 PM

Swamp Wolf..Yep..and it worked.lol

I told him my big ding still isn't add up to a his little ones. In the last 6 weeks alone.it was 100.00 for a trailer plug on his Nissan..he gets a new one every year because he always busts the plug cause Nissan has it in a stupid place..and 225.00 for a taillight for his truck because he didn't know his boss was behind him because" he never parked there beforeand he did say now i cant say anything he he hits stuff"..lol.

I you'd him that I still hadn't hit he samentree back to back 2 years in a row in quomng while trapping. His nephew told him to take a chainsaw and cut the thing down before he hit it aain.lol

Honestly he wasn't mad..just glad everyone was OK.

I do know I'll never live it down.

I'm gonna check with a junkyard Monday and see what I can find

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 06:22 PM

I wasn't on.my phone and we do have full coverage
.he wants to pay it put of pocket so his rates don't go up buy I think it's gonna be too expensive
Posted By: jalstat

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 06:33 PM

.he wants to pay it put of pocket so his rates don't go up buy I think it's gonna be too expensive

Beg him to turn it in that’s what insurance it’s there best case scenario pay the premium and pay for the damage too and it looks like a lot of damage

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 07:45 PM

I'm happy to hear you are still alive, Cathryn.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 09:05 PM

It's a ding dang
Posted By: DavidInMT

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 09:54 PM

As good as you treat him, all he should do is ask if you are alright, give you a hug and a kiss, and start working to pop/buff that out as best he can. Glad you're okay - stay safe.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
That'll buff out.

HA HA HA!! Maybe if she just removed the door and maybe he will not notice!!!
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391

Lmao..he'd wanna see the accident sight. Lol..and I wouldn't lie to him..but I'd like to..cause I know he's gonna say..how in the heck did you hit that thing? I turned right into it.

Tell him it jumped out in front of you and you swerved at the last second and could not save the door. FIRST feed him lots of alcohol to get him to swallow that story!!!
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 10:35 PM

Just go to any Junkyard. They should have one that will match. Might need a few cans of spray paint to match the color.

What year is that Truck ?
Posted By: missinglink

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 10:58 PM

Catheryn, do as others have said and go get a door from a junk yard. Have a body shop install it. Get a couple rattle cans of appropriate colored paint. Then call coonman to finish.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 11:01 PM

I see a new nick name coming!!!!!!
Posted By: grumley701

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by mike mason

Crash? laugh
Posted By: MJM

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 11:12 PM

If the door works keep driving it. If they door doesn't work, get in the other side and drive it.

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 11:35 PM

Does the window go down ?

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by grumley701

Crash? laugh

CTC
Crash test Cathryn
Posted By: Northof50

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 11:48 PM

Rockauto.com and free shipping over 100$

You might have to pull out that Valentine attache ware a few days early when he comes home to get his mind off of it.

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/04/23 11:49 PM

grin^^^

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/05/23 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by jalstat

Beg him to turn it in that’s what insurance it’s there best case scenario pay the premium and pay for the damage too and it looks like a lot of damage

I agree. I think it's gonna be expensive. The trucks relatively new and with prices of things today..I'd bet 5 or 6 thousand.
The stabilitrac light is on also today.
There's a little dent right in front part of the tire well

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/05/23 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by missinglink
Catheryn, do as others have said and go get a door from a junk yard. Have a body shop install it. Get a couple rattle cans of appropriate colored paint. Then call coonman to finish.

Pure gold!

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/05/23 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by grumley701

Crash? laugh

mad twerps.

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/05/23 01:52 PM

It's a 2019.

The window rolls halfway down..till it hit where the dent is.

The stabilitrac light is on now. I don't wanna do more damage tonight by driving it.

I drove it home the other day and all but I'm worri2d o drive it so I'm driving the other frontier qe have.

Im.gonna taken it in for an estimate Monday.

I figure it's gonna be hang on to my hat for that.

And Crash test cathryn ain't funny..it's a serious situation for us.

We are starting to get savings built back up then I pull a stupid stunt like this.

I'm sorry because now it puts more pressure on Jerry..pressure he really really didn't need.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/05/23 02:20 PM

Catheryn, you could just do this until you get it fixed!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 70sdiver

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/05/23 03:05 PM

well you have full coverage so you'll only be out the deductible and the time it takes in the shop.

Re: I hope Jerry doesn't kill me..mishap today - 02/05/23 03:27 PM

That’s a nice job. Right up my alley !
© 2024 Trapperman Forums