Home

Organic eggs @ the hardware store.

Posted By: run

Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 01:03 PM

I paid $3.99 per dozen of organic eggs @ Page coop in Luray, VA. What are you people paying that buy eggs? It's ok if they are not organic.
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 01:09 PM

I got my own layers but the local hardware store sells them for 3.00
Posted By: Zim

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 01:12 PM

Patrice and I have estimated that with the care and spoiling of our chickens, eggs are approximately $40 per dozen. cry

Zim
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zim
Patrice and I have estimated that with the care and spoiling of our chickens, eggs are approximately $40 per dozen. cry

Zim

Hahaha! grin
Posted By: corky

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 01:15 PM

Walmart $4.60, Kwik Trip $4.99, Pick-n-Save $5.99. Surprisingly, lowest locally is Dollar general at $ 3.99.
LOL at Zim
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 01:16 PM

1.49 for 11 lately , price is cut for taking a carton with a broken egg

shelf price is more than double that
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 01:17 PM

$1.99 at rulers, a sub of kroger.

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 01:43 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

well, by upgrading to privacy curtains like Patrice suggested a couple years ago
; and then figuring in slave labor costs it all becomes a worthwhile adventure

Cost per dozen? who knows?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 03:12 PM

I am thinking of getting one of those gun safes from Tractor supply to store my eggs in as if things go on like this, they will be the most valuable things in the house and I don't keep cash in the fridge either.
Just keep quiet about it or you'll wake up our head investor jbrd63 and he will start dealing in omelets as ya can't count the eggs in them.
Posted By: run

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 04:38 PM

LOL,Scuba1.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 04:53 PM

#330 I don't what those eggs are worth, but the smile on your slave labor is priceless!
Posted By: spotter

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 05:06 PM

Here in Fairbanks I made the sojourn into town to buy eggs. None to be found. I tried Cosco , Safeway, and Fred Meyers. No omelette for me.

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
#330 I don't what those eggs are worth, but the smile on your slave labor is priceless!

Th we Grandkids love getting eggs grin
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 06:26 PM

I’ve been giving my eggs away for years to my neighbors, landowners, local church and my wife’s relatives I just enjoyed having them. Not sure if I will raise any this year since I lost both flocks last year to bird flu.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 07:50 PM

Now that I have the time I want to get Guinea's and chickens again. I will probably start looking to buy some fertilized eggs in about a month. I kept my 3 incubators. I am excited to have them roaming the yard again. It is cheap entertainment and the eggs are a bonus.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
Now that I have the time I want to get Guinea's and chickens again. I will probably start looking to buy some fertilized eggs in about a month. I kept my 3 incubators. I am excited to have them roaming the yard again. It is cheap entertainment and the eggs are a bonus.

That right there is the main reason to keep chickens for us
Posted By: yellowdog

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 08:01 PM

Just left local food center 10.99$ local extra large. 8.99 large. Shoreline Connecticut
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Organic eggs @ the hardware store. - 01/12/23 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by spotter
Here in Fairbanks I made the sojourn into town to buy eggs. None to be found. I tried Cosco , Safeway, and Fred Meyers. No omelette for me.

I hear bird flue in Washington wiped out a bunch.

The villages here been rationing to one doz eggs per customer IF they have any.

I got my own chickens and they are laying good now. So making people pretty happy when giving them away. I have plenty water glassed and put away.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums