Home

Our wounded warriors

Posted By: tdtrapper

Our wounded warriors - 12/21/22 11:03 PM

A couple months ago I posted on here about having events for our wounded warriors. Well we just completed our first deer hunt with 2 of our warriors and it was a great success. Im a fishing guide on toledo bend lake and come spring I will begin fishing trips with them I plan on doing 6 to 8 trips with them crappie and bass fishing. On or around February 6th, 7th and 8th I will be putting on a 3 day trapping event for 6 to 8 warriors im handling all the lodging food and expenses to run this event. I am asking if any of you fellow trappers can help me out with any lure bait and traps for these guys I can send them home with will be much appreciated. My trapping buddy for many years Cletis Richards with Apple Roads lure and bait will be here with me. We are gonna try to teach these guys every thing from mink to coyote trapping. we will be setting and running traps, and setting traps to catch animals and do our best so they can catch animals while they are here. Please pm me or yep hear is my cell number Terry Dowden 318 240 3041. This is 100% LEGIT EVERYTHING RECEIVED WILL GO TO THEM.
PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.
THANK YOU

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/22/22 01:02 PM

Unreal
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/22/22 01:41 PM

Thats fantastic! Ill be gettin ahold of you!

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/22/22 01:42 PM

Thank you sir.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/22/22 01:43 PM

Kuddos to you and Cletus. I will dig into the bait and lure frig and see about a few things I haven't opened yet.

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/22/22 01:59 PM

Thank you
Posted By: trapjunkie

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/22/22 02:19 PM

Pm me your address. I’ll send you some 110’s.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/22/22 02:22 PM

What are your target animals? Maybe that'll narrow down what you may need.
Posted By: Rockfarmer

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/22/22 02:38 PM

tdtrapper - I sent you a PM a few months ago. No response. Take a look at it please. Thank you.
Posted By: Cletis Richards

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/22/22 05:52 PM

I am looking fwd to this.....Terry just came off of a successful deer hunt for and with the Wounded Warriors. This is something he has had on his agenda for a long time...and is making it happen....any donations whether traps, equipment, bait or lure will be go to these great men who gave so much for our country...pm or call Terry for more details. Cletis

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/22/22 09:43 PM

We are gonna be hustling but we will be setting traps and targeting every thing from mink to coyotes. But this won't be hard. We will be able to catch mink, coons, otter and beaver in crawfish ponds. I have access to plenty of these on private property . And The coyotes and cats walk the levees around these rice fields. So any traps or lures will do. I don't care if it's half bottles of lures or 1 rusty trap. Help me out guys. I'm gonna ask for donations till January 15th. Wife and I own a screen printing and embroidery shop and everyone that helps us out will be receiving a shirt and a cap and your name will be on the shirt as one of the sponsors so I will need your name and address so I can send your cap and shirt. Pictures will be posted on here and Facebook which my wife has. I don't do the Facebook thing but she does. These people risked their life's so we could have the opportunity to do this. A special thanks to Cletis Richards and Mark Conners for stepping up to help me so far. Google Wounded Warriors heroes to learn more about the none profit Organization im working on Deer hunts fishing trips and the first annual wounded warriors trapping event. Thanks to everyone that are stepping up to help us.
Posted By: paloduro

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/22/22 09:49 PM

Terry is a good guy doing a good thing. Please help if you can.

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/22/22 11:09 PM

Getting some good replies I can't thank you guys enough.
It's hard for me to sit across the table from these guys and talk to them without shedding a tear. We are doing a good thing here. thank you

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/22/22 11:15 PM

My dad died in 1988 at 47 yrs old massive heart attack.
He did 2 tours in Nam he was wounded twice in Vietnam I told myself that if God let me live long enough I would do something to help our veterans. SHOW TIME
THANK GOD.
Posted By: *44

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/23/22 12:12 AM

I talked to Terry about this at the Louisiana show and then again today. Thanks for the responses. They are super good folks doing a great thing. I’ll be sending a package along soon. Please continue to support this. Mark.

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/23/22 12:41 AM

Thank you mark

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/23/22 02:43 AM

ttt

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/23/22 01:24 PM

I talked to one of the veterans that was on the Deer hunt last night. He seems to be more fired up about the trapping event than he was about the deer hunt. I have some good property full of sign lined up for the event. Anything you guys can send us is much appreciated and will be going home with our wounded warriors. Along with some knowledge on how to use it. Thanks to everyone that has stepped up to help so far. Remember this is all about them.
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/23/22 07:59 PM

I will send you some mink traps - body grippers and foot traps. Probably be the first of next week before I can get to the post office.

PM me your address.

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/23/22 09:14 PM

Thank you very much sir

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/23/22 10:08 PM

I have the dates nailed down for this trapping event. February 2nd thru the 5th. I have no clue of how to post pictures on trapperman. We are definitely going to want to post on here so you guys can see your much appreciated donations at work. I'm pretty sure my wife can do it with some help from someone on here. You might have to call us and walk her thru it. I would appreciate that.
Terry Dowden
318 240 3041
Thank you
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/23/22 10:21 PM

I sent you a text Terry. wink laugh
Merry Christmas you old piney woods rascal.
You're doing a great thing sir.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: poconobear

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/23/22 10:55 PM

PM me your address. I can send ya some1.5s
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/23/22 11:02 PM

PM me your shipping info, I will send some traps.

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/24/22 12:50 AM

I am beyond impressed by the people contacting me and donating traps, lures and equipment for this event. Some are calling and texting me. And posting on here.
Thank you
God bless you
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/24/22 03:50 AM

Back to the top again.....this needs pinned to the top please.....this is going to be an enjoyable experience....

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/24/22 02:31 PM

All you guys donating to this event please be sure to send me your name your address and shirt size on a pm. I don't want to miss anyone. Your name will be on the back of the shirts and on the banner we are having made.
Please send me your information and Thank you.

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/25/22 01:11 PM

I appreciate what you guys have donated so far. Like I said before 1 trap or a half a bottle of lure or any trapping tools will be great and much appreciated.
Please help us out and thank you fellow trappers.

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/25/22 08:20 PM

Run it by yall again. We are getting some great donations. I'm gonna keep this going until 15th of January gonna shut it down on the 15 to give my wife and employees time to get the caps, shirts and the banner ready. all sponsors will have their name on the banner and on back the shirts. We will be sending shirts and caps out around the first week in February hopefully sooner.
Thanks TD

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/26/22 10:26 PM

TTT

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/27/22 03:31 AM

Terry I sent you a nice package for the Wounded Warriors

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/27/22 12:59 PM

Thank you Mitchell your donation is much appreciated.
Posted By: panaxman

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/27/22 09:46 PM

Package ready and will be sent tomorrow.

Re: Our wounded warriors - 12/31/22 03:22 PM

TTT

Re: Our wounded warriors - 01/01/23 02:58 AM

Well my friend I can assure you and everyone on here that 100% of everything donated by all of the fine folks on here will go to the veterans that are coming to my house for this trapping event. I have heard some stories exactly like the situation you spoke about with the wounded warriors association and I didn't like that one bit. That is exactly why I'm not working with the wounded warriors association. READ CAREFULLY. I am spending my time and money working with THE WOUNDED WARRIORS HEROES. Totally different nonprofit organization than the wounded warriors. This organization has an open book policy. It would take a sorry SOB To take a single penny from any organization helping our veterans or handicap children... I have spent the last 2 days in my shop building drowning rods, drags T bar stakes, dyeing 4 dozen traps and rigging them up with swivels chains and anchors that I personally am donating along with shirts, caps and a banner with all of our fine sponsors names on the back of the shirts and the banner. About a thousand bucks worth. Plus food and lodging. If anyone thinks for one minute I'm not honest or doing the right thing. Get your (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) on a plane and come help me I will buy your round trip ticket.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Our wounded warriors - 01/01/23 06:08 AM

I don't know how I missed this. I don't know what all you have had contributed, but let me know what I have that you could use, and I'll get it out to you.

Re: Our wounded warriors - 01/01/23 12:08 PM

Sent TD. Blessings to you and Kim for what you all do.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Our wounded warriors - 01/04/23 12:09 AM

Everyone Mr. Terry asked me to post this and tell y'all they really appreciate all the donations and what everyone is doing to help ! smile
[Linked Image]

Re: Our wounded warriors - 01/06/23 01:03 PM

Our second deer hunt for our wounded warriors is coming up this coming Tuesday. Our first hunt was a great success as both guys killed a deer. It is definitely an honor and a blessing from God for all the good folks behind the scenes that are helping us make this happen. They are good men that went thru some serious very difficult things so we have the privilege to go about our everyday life. I can't speak for all of them but I can say that being around the first 2 warriors on our first deer hunt. It's a humbling feeling sitting there drinking a cup of coffee with them and seeing that look on their faces that you know inside them there is something that they wake up with every day. I know that some of you guys have been there and may still be living with it every day. I think about this often and my little part of being in their lives now hopefully will bring them a little peace. Anyway I want to say it is beyond words to have the opportunity to be a part of this. God bless all of you guys helping us with our upcoming trapping event. our table is about to collapse from the weight of the donations that have arrived. And we will always remember that these efforts all of us are putting forth is for these guys to shine not us. Thank all of yall for so much support.
Thanks again
TD

Re: Our wounded warriors - 01/10/23 12:28 AM

Let me first start by saying I very much appreciate All of you guys that donated trapping lures, bait, traps and equipment to the trapping event Cletis and I are putting on for our wounded warriors heroes. We are ending the donation date tomorrow to give Kim my wife to to get the banner the shirts and the caps ready for our sponsors. All of you guys will be receiving your caps and shirts around the first week in February. Im pretty sure we have everyone's information correct and accounted for. If for any reason we might miss someone we will take care of it.
Thank you guys. Cletis made it here about an hour ago. He and I will be going down in the morning for a couple days for our 2nd deer hunt with 2 more veterans then we are gonna spend the next 2 weeks trapping on the river where Mark June and I trapped on The Louisiana part of his Bobcat Dvd. Donavan- wolf wolfdog 91 will be posting pictures for our trapping event.
Thank you guys
God bless you
and God bless America.

Re: Our wounded warriors - 01/10/23 12:33 AM

And one more thing if any of you sponsors ever want to come down and trap with Cletis and I let me know and we will get it done.
Thank you
TD

Re: Our wounded warriors - 01/10/23 01:03 AM

If any of you guys that donated to our event ever want to come down and trap with Cletis and I. Let me know and I will make it happen.
Thanks
TD
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Our wounded warriors - 01/10/23 01:15 AM

Glad to see this working out Terry

Re: Our wounded warriors - 01/11/23 05:59 AM

Sorry it took so long for me to post!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/02/23 11:40 PM

Well the veterans are here. They have received their parts of you guys donations we are in my shop doing demos right now. Pictures will be posted as soon as wolfdog 91 can get them on here. Everything you folks have sent is 100% their's. They are floored by the amount of stuff they received and they told me to thank all of you for supporting this event. Cletis is currently on his hands and knees playing in the dirt. He is doing a good job as usual. Pictures on the way soon.
Thanks
TD

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/02/23 11:54 PM

The veterans are here they have received their packages of donations you guys sent 100% of it is in their hands. Pictures will be posted on here shortly. We are in my shop doing demos right now. Cletis is on his hands and knees in the dirt getting it done. We start in the morning setting traps. They are floored by the amount of stuff they received. We can't thank you enough.
Thanks
TD

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/02/23 11:55 PM

Im terrible on a phone hang in there with me. Thanks

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/03/23 12:30 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sorry took so long to post the pictures ! Rain got my single real bad
Posted By: Cattrapper77

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/03/23 12:43 AM

Td I hope you guys rack up some fur in the next couple of days. I appreciate what your doing for Veterans.
Posted By: keets

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/03/23 01:04 AM

NICE!!

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/03/23 01:04 AM

Great banner and pix so far! Sounds like the start of a really neat annual event.

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/04/23 12:25 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/04/23 03:05 AM

we had a great time today with the guys. They learned alot and worked hard. Hopefully they will have some animals in the morning.

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/05/23 04:00 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/05/23 03:35 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/05/23 03:48 PM

This stuff really warms my heart to no end!
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/05/23 03:51 PM

Very cool!

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/05/23 05:44 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/05/23 08:58 PM

Awesome !!!!!!

Love seeing the mink in the bodygripper. grin

You have done a great thing TDTrapper !!!!
Posted By: Rockfarmer

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/06/23 12:01 AM

this is great!
Posted By: poconobear

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/06/23 12:51 AM

Outstanding!

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/06/23 01:04 AM

Terry and Cletis, you both gave of yourselves for others day after day after day. Well played men! And blessings to you both for serving those who serve all of us!
Get some rest. You both aren't as young as you once were.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/06/23 01:15 AM

Very nice to see!

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/06/23 02:14 PM

To All of you guys that helped make this possible I can't Thank yall enough. These guys are all gonna join us on trapperman and they are definitely going to put your donations to use. I wish you all could have been here to see how excited they were about every aspect of trapping. That is from reading sign setting the traps for the animals catching them and the proper way to skin them and the use of different glands the hides and other things.
Your caps and shirts will be on the way to yall soon. Thank you for everything you guys donated.
This was and amazing and very successful event. I'm looking forward to next year's event. It's a heck of a deal to see a 65 year old man catch his first mink.
I can't thank my old trapping buddy Cletis Richards enough for taking time to help me with this event.
THANK ALL OF YOU
GOD BLESS YOU AND
GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Posted By: Trappeur Gunny

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/06/23 03:14 PM

I am one of the veterans who participated in this trapping event. First thing, I want to personally thank everyone who donated equipment, money and to our two teachers (more like mentors). I did 20 years in the Marines as a trigger puller, and was wounded two months before my retirement. I got tore-up pretty bad. The only thing that keeps me alive is hunting and fishing, just being in the outdoors. Recently I was thinking back to the days I trapped in high school and started looking at trapping gear. I really wanted to get back into it, but to get the basic gear was out of my price range. So I thought of how I could save up and get it piece by piece. I was about to order a couple of traps when my phone rang. I was asked if I wanted to go to a trapping clinic. I said no as I had no gear and was told I would be provided gear. I said YES!

I had a solid foundation in trapping but the instruction I received was lightyears ahead of what I knew. It was enough to get the gears moving and I'm here to say I was like a little kid in a candy shop! I paid attention, asked questions and got my hands dirty. I came home smelling like mink, dirty, and worn out. I couldn't have asked for a better time. To some it might be a dollar or two, a trap, or a bottle of lure, but it gives a veteran a new breath of fresh air, it saves lives. It changed my life.

Thanks to my great mentors, land owners and the gracious donors. I now have a new outlook on life, and a new career. I already have two farms and a hunting lease lined up. I actually set traps this morning to remove coons from my neighbor's back 40. I have a purpose, a new career, and looking forward to spending more time in the outdoors.

I can't thank all of you enough, I don't know how to express in words of how much of a life changer this is for me. Thank you.

Mike Cheramie
GySgt Retired

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/06/23 05:18 PM

Terry happy everything turned out great. Cletis and you went beyond the call of duty. Thanks for the time and effort to make someone's life special or better.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/06/23 05:22 PM

What y'all did for these heroes was wonderful!

Re: Our wounded warriors - 02/06/23 09:37 PM

Thanks to all of you who donated to the event. It was a great pleasure and privilege to help with this event. What a great time I had meeting these great men who served our country, they have literally given of themselves to SERVE. May GOD continue to bless and keep these fine examples of American men.

Cletis
© 2024 Trapperman Forums