Home

Gunflint lodge in Minnesota

Posted By: coolstucco

Gunflint lodge in Minnesota - 12/15/22 02:51 AM

Anyone here know about this lodge and the owners? My daughter is talking to them about working there this winter and I would like to know what you think. Thanks.
Posted By: Seek

Re: Gunflint lodge in Minnesota - 12/15/22 03:18 AM

Been there several times but not since it has been sold to the latest owners. Very nice place, almost iconic. You gotta have some dough to go there. Very remote, you gotta love the backcountry, rural life to go there and work. The trip to Grand Marais is on a sketchy, icy 2 lane road that as we speak is getting pounded with snow.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Gunflint lodge in Minnesota - 12/15/22 03:20 AM

I am not sure who owns it now but it is a higher end destination in a very beautiful and remote location.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Gunflint lodge in Minnesota - 12/15/22 04:04 AM

A classmate of mine owned it and just sold it, but I don't know about the new owners.

Re: Gunflint lodge in Minnesota - 12/15/22 04:10 AM

They are wanting someone to drive a team with a sleigh. My daughter drove a wagon on mackinaw Island all summer. She is an excellent outdoorsman for a 19 year old been trapping with me since she was 3. If it is a good place with good people she will do great. Just worry about her as a father. She is trappergirl04 on here.
Posted By: Seek

Re: Gunflint lodge in Minnesota - 12/15/22 04:35 AM

Is she used to working in extreme cold?
Posted By: Osky

Re: Gunflint lodge in Minnesota - 12/15/22 04:44 AM

She will do well.

Osky

Re: Gunflint lodge in Minnesota - 12/15/22 04:55 AM

She is learning and knows the basics.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums