Home

My Battle Ahead

Posted By: Cedar Hacker

My Battle Ahead - 11/21/22 10:19 PM

Not a very happy Thanksgiving around our house this year.

I have been diagnosed with stage 3 esophageal cancer. I have lost 25# since first of September and have very little energy and strength.

The good part according to the ultrasound is that the cancer has not spread to any other organs.
I was prepared for anything as all the tests were being conducted and had prepared myself for the diagnosis.
After all the pathology tests are run from the biopsies and are reviewed, a plan forward regarding treatment will be initiated.

Living remote as we do is not the best place to be when something like this crops up. It is a long drive for Drs. and treatment centers.

I have been thrown many times and I always got up and got back on and I am trying to hold that attitude with this monster.
Plus me and the Good Lord are on good terms.

Psalm 46:1-2a (Reflection 1)
“1 God is our refuge and strength, a helper who is always found in times of trouble. 2 Therefore we will not be afraid
Posted By: KeithC

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/21/22 10:24 PM

That's a bad one, but some people with chemotherapy and surgery do recover. I hope you make a full and complete recovery.

Keith
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/21/22 10:28 PM

Prayers for you Cedar H.
Glad to hear you know the Lord
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/21/22 10:30 PM

Sorry to hear that I hope you make a full recovery.

What were your symptoms that prompted you to have it checked out?
Posted By: scrapper

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/21/22 10:31 PM

Prayers
Posted By: Boco

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/21/22 10:33 PM

God Bless.
Posted By: charles

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/21/22 10:34 PM

My dad had that cancer in his 60s. He earned his as a heavy drinker and smoker.

I hope you have a better Christmas than Thanksgiving. Is surgery in your near term future?

When did you expect a problem? What are symptoms we should be aware of?
Posted By: sammy petty

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/21/22 10:36 PM

JD so sorry to hear this. I am putting you on my prayer list and will be thinking about you. Keeping a positive attitude is very important
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/21/22 10:38 PM

Sorry to hear. Praying
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/21/22 10:40 PM

Wishing you a quick and complete recovery.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/21/22 10:40 PM

Sorry to hear, my thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/21/22 10:53 PM

Prayers sent. Good luck, hope all goes well.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/21/22 10:56 PM

God bless you and your family. My neighbor is recovering from the same cancer, he is cancer free but struggling with the energy/strength too.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 12:30 AM

You'll be in our prayers. Varmintshooter on here went through that. You might want to talk to him if you have any questions.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 12:32 AM

Prayers for your full recovery. Maybe by the time Christmas gets here you'll have some better news.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 12:33 AM

Sorry to hear of this thoughts and prayers sent.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 12:39 AM

Stay strong an positive. Prayers for quick recovery fella
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 12:42 AM

Being right with God is always in your best interest. Look what all the prayers for little River did! You are on my prayer list.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 12:50 AM

Sending prayers
Posted By: Kev56

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 12:53 AM

Prayers for a complete recovery
Posted By: jarentz

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 12:58 AM

Prayers sent
Posted By: rex123

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:00 AM

Nothing to say but ,GOD BLESS YOU.
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:02 AM

Prayed. Keep moving forward.
Posted By: furlover

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:03 AM

My dad had esophageal cancer. He beat it. If you have radiation on your throat, buy an aloe plant and after every radiation treatment when you get home break open a stem and rub the aloe all over your throat.
The doctors were really surprised that Dad's throat did not get leathery and didn't have problem swallowing. It also keeps you from have burns due to radiation.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:16 AM

Prayers sent.

Charlie
Posted By: jk

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:31 AM

YOU CA BEAT IT!! Keep a positive attitude!! Fight you have plenty of help here. Keep in touch and fight it!.......jk
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:33 AM

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. They are both appreciated .

I will post on here later about my symptoms and what I should have noticed sooner.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:35 AM

I surely hate to hear that kinda news from anyone. Prayer sent and best wishes to ya.
Posted By: newfox1

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:40 AM

Hang in there man, cancer s- - - - . Praying for you.
Posted By: Hoosier71

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:55 AM

Prayers man
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 03:36 AM

In our prayers, keep the faith.

WS
Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 05:31 AM

Sorry to hear it, hack. Praying for good reports in the future.
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 05:36 AM

sending prayers for you and your family
Please take the Boss's advice
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cedar Hacker

I have been diagnosed with stage 3 esophageal cancer. I have lost 25# since first of September and have very little energy and strength.

The good part according to the ultrasound is that the cancer has not spread to any other organs.
I was prepared for anything as all the tests were being conducted and had prepared myself for the diagnosis.
After all the pathology tests are run from the biopsies and are reviewed, a plan forward regarding treatment will be initiated.

Living remote as we do is not the best place to be when something like this crops up. It is a long drive for Drs. and treatment centers.

I have been thrown many times and I always got up and got back on and I am trying to hold that attitude with this monster.

“1 God is our refuge and strength, a helper who is always found in times of trouble. 2 Therefore we will not be afraid

Godspeed to you...unfortunately we lost my Step Dad to that back in 13, but you keep fighting! Keep your loved ones close, and get as many cuddles as you can!
Posted By: MattLA

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 06:18 AM

Cedar,

My friend is recovering from stage 3 stomach cancer. His advice is to breathe, put the weight back on asap, have lots of sex....like twice a day for the entire time you are on treatment. He says you must stay busy and keep driving forward. God bless you, we will be praying.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by MattLA

Cedar,

My friend is recovering from stage 3 stomach cancer. His advice is to breathe, put the weight back on asap, have lots of sex....like twice a day for the entire time you are on treatment. He says you must stay busy and keep driving forward. God bless you, we will be praying.

I don't see how cutting back to twice a day is going to help.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 11:44 AM

Cedar my friend..You Got This...prayers sent!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 11:47 AM

That's tough news. Keep on fighting and I'll keep you in my prayers.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 12:32 PM

Prayers up for comfort and healing
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:14 PM

Prayers sent, stay strong you got this battle!
Posted By: PopPop

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:14 PM

Hang in there.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:37 PM

This may be a tough thing to do but keep eating food while doing treatments a feeding tube isn't any fun trust me on this !
I know of 3 members on here we all had the same throat cancer it was P -16 HPV radiation and chemotherapy works and is a great way to meet nurses ha ha

I had lifesavers in my pocket and I'd make them first bump with me and I'd give them a lifesaver , after 5 years since this started I've gotten a lot of fist bumps and given out a lot of lifesavers . I'd jokingly tell them this is a little something to sweeten there sour disposition then giggle .

As mentioned a positive attitude and a good sense of humor will go a long way to help you kick this crap to the curb I quit chewing Copenhagen in the middle of treatments and haven't went back to dipping again but I'm a lifesaver addict now ha ha .

I'd go talk to your dentist to to make sure you're teeth are in good shape if not get any questionable ones pulled or fixed I ended up with dentures after it was all said and done but I could still eat a med rare ribeye steak without teeth ha ha

Please feel free to send me a pm if you have any questions or need someone to talk to and I'll be happy to do what I can to help you get through this .

Allan
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:42 PM

A good friend recently had the same problem. He went to treatments for a long time and had a struggle to recovery but he is doing good now. I wish you all the best and hope for your full recovery.
Posted By: adam m

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:46 PM

Praying for you, cedar hacker.
Your insurance may cover the travel expenses including mileage either up front or reimbursement. Get a case manager with your insurance.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 01:53 PM

Prayers sent from Missouri
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 02:11 PM

Brother CH,

Such life changing news as this always takes our breath away, makes our minds steer to the "what if's," and works our conscious into warp speed.
During times such as these, as you well know, because of God's gift of grace to you, you're in Perfect Hands.
Our prayers will be continuous!

1 Peter 1:3-9;
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,
who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials,
so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.

Blessings brother!
Mark
Posted By: Ant Grit

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 03:59 PM

May the LORD Bless you with Favor!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/22/22 08:08 PM

Prayers for you, your family, and wisdom to the doctors that are treating you.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/23/22 02:26 AM

I'd also suggest checking to see if they have an apartment on the hospital campus that you can stay in while your doing treatments I stayed in one and while I could eat I cooked many meals there and splurged on pizza a couple of times also .

Hopefully they do and it'll save you a lot of travel time so you can concentrate on successfully fighting your cancer !

Hang in there you got this devil by the tail and it's beatable !
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/23/22 02:59 AM

Praying for you now!!
Posted By: houndone

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/23/22 03:42 AM

prayers sent.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/23/22 11:47 AM

Good luck in this battle. Brother just beat prostate cancer last year.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/23/22 11:49 AM

Sent with prayer.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/23/22 11:55 AM

Prayers from Kansas
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/23/22 12:34 PM

prayers sent
Posted By: Larry Bowden

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/23/22 02:53 PM

Prayers for you and your family. It's not easy at times.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/23/22 04:33 PM

Prayers sent to The Good Lord
As you know, you're in his loving arms
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/23/22 05:09 PM

Hoping for the best for you!
Posted By: Don Adams

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/23/22 05:12 PM

Prayers sent up for you.
Posted By: Team V

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/23/22 05:35 PM

My dad went through it about 5 years ago . Took some time but recovered well .Prayers sent
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: My Battle Ahead - 11/24/22 01:05 AM

Prayer for u sir
© 2024 Trapperman Forums