Home

Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets

Posted By: jbyrd63

Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 11:41 AM

Dang where’s all my haters hiding about my comments on falling stocks and that person that was predicting 100,000 Bitcoin price ? Just doing a welfare check !! I looked this morning for the first time in a couple weeks and WOW ! Glad I put my cash out in a 4.15 cd for 12 months !! Free it up just in time to jump on the climb when Bobo leaves office and desantos is sworn in
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 11:46 AM

We definitely have a Trapperman Narcissist. Get over yourself.
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 11:54 AM

Go get 'em Jbyrd LOL... when you're right, you're right

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker

NO been called crazy , ignorant redneck and other things. Loud mouths disappear when I mention that something will happen six to 8 months down the road but they must be sitting traps or something cause not mouthing now...
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 12:14 PM

It will get theree at some point. Probably not during this administration.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 12:19 PM

Dang houses for sale everywhere around here. Even doing open houses and no one shows up. Now who saw that coming LOL LOL Oh yes what month is this????
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 12:19 PM

He took a lot if heat don't blame him for making a point that it was obvious that a recession was unavoidable. I have personally never understood crypto. A lot of people have made and lost a bunch of money in that. I have a variety time investing in something that produces nothing and only exist digitally. But I'm probably just showing my age with that.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63

NO been called crazy , ignorant redneck and other things. Loud mouths disappear when I mention that something will happen six to 8 months down the road but they must be sitting traps or something cause not mouthing now...

I have got the same from people regarding my preference and habits of buying ammo and other things. Funny how those same people that thought Walmart would never run out and having a few boxes at home was all they needed came asking for me to sell them a few boxes to hunt with.
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

He took a lot if heat don't blame him for making a point that it was obvious that a recession was unavailable. I have personally never understood crypto. A lot of people have made and lost a bunch of money in that. I have a variety time investing in something that produces nothing and only exist digitally. But I'm probably just showing my age with that.

This.
I never jumped on the crypto bandwagon, never made sense to.me.
That said, one of my sons jumped in early and jumped out early, and did extremely well.

So crypto worked out very well for him.
If he listened to the nattering nabobs of negativism ( bonus points if you remember that quote), he'd have missed out. Big time.
Posted By: WhiteCliffs

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 01:12 PM

Dang where’s all my haters hiding about my comments on falling stocks and that person that was predicting 100,000 Bitcoin price ? Just doing a welfare check !! I looked this morning for the first time in a couple weeks and WOW ! Glad I put my cash out in a 4.15 cd for 12 months !! Free it up just in time to jump on the climb when Bobo leaves office and desantos is sworn in

I dont care about crypto - where are you getting 4.15 for a 12 month cd?

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteCliffs

I think he needs to move a decimal point unless its an overseas bank
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by DaveP

If he listened to the nattering nabobs of negativism ( bonus points if you remember that quote), he'd have missed out. Big time.

That quote would be from Spiro Agnew.....what did I win ? laugh

walleyed
Posted By: rex123

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 02:18 PM

Who is paying 4.15 on a 12 MONTH CD?

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 02:22 PM

Highest i see is little over 3. You can day trade cryptos and do that in a day if i had play money i would

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteCliffs

Thru LPL financial. They shop banks that bid on money . New rates come out every Thursday. One I just got was thru Goldman sachs. First one I got was 3.75 2 months ago . It is 18 months. One thing you have to look is buy back option the bank can use. Most recall them on Dec 31 if that is part of the agreement. They are FDIC insured. Pretty nice short term option waiting on the crap storm administration to leave office.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 03:04 PM

If you bought a years worth of groceries with that money and sold em in 12 months you'll of made money. You'll probably lose money as far as buying power is concerned at 4-5% if its not compounding monthly
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed
Originally Posted by DaveP

That quote would be from Spiro Agnew.....what did I win ? laugh

walleyed

FREE INVESTMENT ADVICE!!

Buy low, sell high!!!

Spiro T. Agnew

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
If you bought a years worth of groceries with that money and sold em in 12 months you'll of made money. You'll probably lose money as far as buying power is concerned at 4-5% if its not compounding monthly

UNLESS the groceries spoiled. OR no one had money to pay !!!!!!

Lot of what if's . I found an ac unit clearance for 56 bucks NIB at Walmart Friday . Sold it on market place for 120 . Whats your point ?

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 03:37 PM

Inflation is over 8 percent. You're mkaing half that so your return will worth less than it does today.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by slydogx
Go get 'em Jbyrd LOL... when you're right, you're right

Even a broken clock is right twice a day
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 03:43 PM

Time value of money

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 03:57 PM

UNLESS the groceries spoiled. OR no one had money to pay !!!!!!

Lot of what if's . I found an ac unit clearance for 56 bucks NIB at Walmart Friday . Sold it on market place for 120 . Whats your point ?

Now your scalping ac units not just ammo!!!! O the horror;)
Posted By: white17

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 05:22 PM

Thru LPL financial. They shop banks that bid on money . New rates come out every Thursday. One I just got was thru Goldman sachs. First one I got was 3.75 2 months ago . It is 18 months. One thing you have to look is buy back option the bank can use. Most recall them on Dec 31 if that is part of the agreement. They are FDIC insured. Pretty nice short term option waiting on the crap storm administration to leave office.

I can't quite remember much about LPL. Don't they want you to work through and advisor ? What I DO remember about them is that they charge egregious fees and commissions. Maybe that has changed

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 09:05 PM

Local bank here has an in house person that is an employee of the bank. Got an appointment tomorrow at 11;30 put in another investment. Had to dig 3 holes before I found my jelly jar LOL
Posted By: charles

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 09:51 PM

Buy real estate when prices drop. Stocks may not be attractive for 2-3 years.

However - if you think oil companies are gouging us, buy their stocks and enjoy the windfall.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/19/22 11:17 PM

No providence im still selling at discount price 199 regular retail price eek

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/20/22 12:06 AM

No providence im still selling at discount price 199 regular retail price eek

Love it. Always love to find deals especially if I can make a profit. The problem is I rarely find a deal but if I do its on something I want so won't be selling. Well for a while any way. Best deal I found was a Remington 700 on 30/06 @a yard sale for 250. I worked the trigger floated the barrel and shot it 8 to 1200 ounds. It was a inch and a quarter gun at best. I traded it for a ta 31 acog with tritium and it has a Bible verse reference on it. I think I did well.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/20/22 12:47 AM

This is a long term investment with a very good return.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/20/22 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Willy Firewood
This is a long term investment with a very good return.

[Linked Image]

Can be. I've watched a lot of people go broke because of them too.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/20/22 01:29 AM

As far as the cricket thing...there hasnt been anything to report in months. Price has fluctuated around 20k since June. No real news other than some technical stuff I wont even bother to try to explain here. Euthereum has been a bit more in the news lately because it changed how it works from a proof-of-work model(which is how Bitcoin works) and proof-of-stake which is less energy intensive.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/20/22 01:59 AM

who is desantos?

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/20/22 05:24 AM

Some go broke.
Some do very well.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/20/22 01:39 PM

Looked up LPL and they are very expensive to deal with . Also wasn't the PO saying a while back that cruise lines like carnival were the place to invest?
Posted By: DaYooper14

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/20/22 01:41 PM

When in doubt, zoom out.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/20/22 03:26 PM

Last I looked "nuthing" was worth about 19,000$

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/20/22 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
Looked up LPL and they are very expensive to deal with . Also wasn't the PO saying a while back that cruise lines like carnival were the place to invest?

Don't know who P O is If you meant O P that is me
but you never heard me say invest in cruise lines. Only thing I pushed was I bonds and gas and oil the next day after BOBO was declared the winner.....
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/20/22 07:46 PM

Inflation is over 8 percent. You're mkaing half that so your return will worth less than it does today.

[Linked Image]

That's a great scene and solid advice.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 04:32 AM

I don't know what all the hub bub is about, it's been a good year to be in the markets. My dividend returns have been a far sight better than 4 percent, some of the stuff I've owned long term is double digits.

BTC is doing what it has always been good at, volatility. If it can hold support above 15 k that will be a good sign.

Anyhow, "the dude abides".

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 09:24 AM

Dang 49er things really have changed! Months back I think you were one of the people that mentioned BTC going to 100,000 . Or am I thinking of someone else? Is so I’m sorry I got it wrong! But now 15,000 is a “ good sign “ lol
I just read over the comments on how crazy I was , were my thinking was coming from . I needed to stick to something I know. Broke clock is right twice a day ! Lol lol lol lol
I took the mouth and just kept saying “ ok just wait and see “

I’m sorry but unless called out this is my last “ told you so “
Good luck investing .
Jbyrd63

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 10:51 AM

You really need to understand context.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 10:51 AM

I did say it's go to 100,000, I still contend it will.

I never once said it can't and won't go down.

You have not made one bold prediction a sixth grader couldn't have done. Housing is going to slump? Well duh!

Let's make a bold prediction, when are things going to turn around? Had inflation peaked? When will the FED pivot? How much are the markets going to drop? How much longer until social security and Medicare are underfunded?

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 10:54 AM

Medicare/SS will be perpetually underfunded unless we start WW3 and send everyone over 40 to the front with revolvers
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 10:59 AM

I admit I know little about bitcoin, but with governments interest in digital currency, I don't figure crypto to be profitable in the future.
Posted By: TC1

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 11:27 AM

Good luck investing .
Jbyrd63

For some odd reason, I find this very hard to believe. But I’d love to see ya prove me wrong. Lol

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 03:42 PM

I think the FED is seizing this opportunity to finally normalize interest rates. I think they will continue raising rates until the" We are Hiring " and" $1000 hiring bonus" signs disappear.

Dual Mandate.
Posted By: charles

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 06:44 PM

Hard to match Series I saving bond yield. Commercial real estate LLCs have been good.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
I think the FED is seizing this opportunity to finally normalize interest rates. I think they will continue raising rates until the" We are Hiring " and" $1000 hiring bonus" signs disappear.

Dual Mandate.

X2

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 08:01 PM

Put 2 jelly jars of 100 dollar bills in a 6 month cd at 4.25 this morning

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by TC1
Good luck investing .
Jbyrd63

For some odd reason, I find this very hard to believe. But I’d love to see ya prove me wrong. Lol

On what ?

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

You have not made one bold prediction a sixth grader couldn't have done. Housing is going to slump? Well duh!

Let's make a bold prediction, when are things going to turn around? Had inflation peaked? When will the FED pivot? How much are the markets going to drop? How much longer until social security and Medicare are underfunded?

A 3rd grade san fran fan could predict that . AS SOON AS BOBO goes out and the killing of the fossil fuel industry ceases......That's what started this mess. Told you when gas went to 350 and didn't stop it was the gasoline on the flame of fed spending. Fuel prices effect EVERYTHING AND EVERY BODY . Increase housing only effects people looking for it. New cars only affect ones buying. COST of manufacturing and production increases are tied directly to fuel cost. PLAIN AND SIMPLE ... The make believe money go round of corperate book keeping is a problem that caught up to lot of companies. Make money because you pay yourself a loan you borrowed against yourself based on a projected profit? Piper has to get paid eventually and his collection guy is standing on the porch !!!
OK so anyone could have made my predictions. BUT THEY DIDN'T and you along with others said I was crazy , didn't know anything about how it worked. But explain how I was able to predict when things happened 8 months out? luck? Maybe but are you admitting I was right LOL LOL LOL sounds like it........

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/21/22 08:27 PM

Dude,. People were comparing BTC to the Tulip Bulb Bubble 10 years ago.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/22/22 12:47 AM

A 3rd grade san fran fan could predict that . AS SOON AS BOBO goes out and the killing of the fossil fuel industry ceases......That's what started this mess. Told you when gas went to 350 and didn't stop it was the gasoline on the flame of fed spending. Fuel prices effect EVERYTHING AND EVERY BODY . Increase housing only effects people looking for it. New cars only affect ones buying. COST of manufacturing and production increases are tied directly to fuel cost. PLAIN AND SIMPLE ... The make believe money go round of corperate book keeping is a problem that caught up to lot of companies. Make money because you pay yourself a loan you borrowed against yourself based on a projected profit? Piper has to get paid eventually and his collection guy is standing on the porch !!!
OK so anyone could have made my predictions. BUT THEY DIDN'T and you along with others said I was crazy , didn't know anything about how it worked. But explain how I was able to predict when things happened 8 months out? luck? Maybe but are you admitting I was right LOL LOL LOL sounds like it........

The second oil went negative in May 2020 I said we'd see 100 dollar oil shortly.

I beat you by over a year.

If you think gas prices drive inflation you are mistaken. I'm not going to explain it, your mind is made up.

2 year t bonds are paying over 4 percent. Interest rates are going higher, be patient and average in.

Dirt, I thought I read today that rising t bond rates is going to raise US governmental service fees to over a trillion dollars. It's getting interesting

Anyhow, back to work, it's gonna be a late one.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/22/22 03:28 AM

Then answer this 49 When Katrina hit and closed all refineries and gas went from 175 to over 4 bucks in a day why did inflation spike ? What other factors drove up prices . Caused massive lay offs ?
If trump had won do you think gas and oil would have went that high ? Negative oil in 2020 wasn’t the cause for the increase Bobo cancellation of keystone and halting leases on federal lands cause the climb Other factors added but negative oil prices didn’t make for 100 bucks a barrel Idiot in Oval Office did !!
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/22/22 04:31 AM

How big were your jelly jars...?

I hope you bank doesn't go belly up. You might be waiting a while to get the gov to pay you back your cash.
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/22/22 04:43 AM

As much as I think jbyrd63 is full of s!th…you boys need to fight nice.

Jbyrd63, my only recommendation is that anyone can Monday morning quarterback…but you’re the master.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/22/22 10:56 AM

Yes jbyrd I do think if trump was still in office oil would have went to 100. I positioned myself for it.

I don't give as much weight to the Keystone as you do for it's effect on prices. That oil is still finding it's way to market.

OPEC is still producing 2 million less barrels a day than it was in spring of 2020, at one time it was almost 10 million less a day.

Imagine what the price of oil would be if the dollar wasn't so strong right now?

Anyhow, time for another 14 hour day.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/23/22 04:00 AM

They have tried, but Biden and accomplices have not killed the petroleum industry. On private land it is thriving. Otherwise how would this country be fueled? The green new deal is a corrupt scheme to defraud the people of the USA.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/23/22 04:10 AM

All I want from y'all is what month is the market going to hit rock bottom? LOL
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/23/22 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

I figure when you hear about Wall St. investors suicide rates increasing dramatically, it's about time to buy. Lol.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/23/22 12:16 PM

Bed bath and beyond CEO jumped off his building's roof couple weeks back. Think the co posted biggest loss ever. So it has started....

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/23/22 06:25 PM

" "Inflation can be mit igated by reducing demand and/or by increasing supply," tweeted Ackman of Pershing Square Capital. "Doesn't it make more sense to moderate wage inflation with increased immigration than by raising rates, destroying demand, putting people out of work, and causing a recession?

An influx of workers could add some slack to a historically tight labor market, in which there are still roughly two open positions for every one person looking for a job.
Unemployment, at 3.7%, is near its lowest level in half a century."

I'm not sure the next recession will have high unemployment? There is a labor shortage. Reduced demand for labor, may cure this?

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/23/22 09:50 PM

If I could tell you that we'd both be rich.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/23/22 10:30 PM

If I could tell you that we'd both be rich.

I'm with Steven on this. However, if you watch VIX... the CBOE volatility index................you can see that today we got a bit over 32. Usually we are in the 20-25 range. The VIX moves inversely to the S&P 500 index.......when the market goes up..VIX goes down & V/V

A reading over 30 usually gets peoples' attention. But if you look back to the lows of March 2020 you will see the VIX topped out a bit over 82. If you see a reading like that again it is my opinion that we have pretty much reached the point of capitulation. There may be some grinding around at that level for a while but most of the sellers are probably exhausted.

VIX topped out a bit over 80 in 2008.

Today was sort of a perfect storm. First of all it was Friday.....always a sketchy day, It was also a weekly options expiration which will induce a lot of hedging by dealers, and I still think the big players are digesting Powell's comments and figuring out the likelihood of a recession and how severe it will be. They are probably still de-risking their positions ( selling)
Just my 2 cents
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/23/22 10:32 PM

Always appreciate your insight Ken. Thank you
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/23/22 10:36 PM

how does one watch the CBOE volatility index?

link?

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/23/22 10:44 PM

If you have a "watchlist" or a live screen through your broker you can enter the symbol.......VIX. My platform will give me choices asking .......is this a stock, option, bond, index ? It is an index so choose that.

If you don't have those options you can use something like Yahoo Finance. Type VIX in the search bar at the top. Bloomberg probably has it too. Those might be delayed by about 20 minutes but maybe not.

You can try Seeking Alpha website.

Maybe this will work

https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/VIX

If you want to learn more about VIX you can read here

https://www.cboe.com/tradable_products/vix/
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/23/22 11:13 PM

TD Ameritrade has a new platform. Think or Swim. No cost to open an account. You can download the app. Lots of information on trading strategies. Options trading etc... Also once you have an account open. There is an option to learn by paper trading if you are new to investing. I am speaking for myself. I wish I would of invested on my own years ago. I always invested in the market. But it was under an employer plan etc... I have learned quite a lot. You are never to old to start. I started at 55 And for you young people. There is a huge opportunity presenting it self in the market. Long term. Over time. Invest in the market. Warren Buffett is in his 90s. His famous quote holds true to this day. When the market is rising be fearful. When there is fear in the market be fearless. I use a lot of pictures to keep me focused on my long term goal [Linked Image] Good Luck

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/23/22 11:19 PM

Thank you, Sir!

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/24/22 02:21 AM

We are going to see if Powell is going to have his Voelcker moment. There is a tremendous amount of pressure against him to ease. If they do Katy bar the door.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/24/22 06:13 PM

He would be a laughing stock of an entire nation if he caves........even if it's what some people want.

I think Powell and the whole FOMC know a recession is coming but they refuse to admit it. Just like inflation was "transitory".

I wonder if Yellen will take Powell aside and whine about the increasing debt service costs ? I think I read last week that the rate increases so far will add 2.1 TRILLION to the deficit ANNUALLY !

Will Biden and Schumer be talking about that ?

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/24/22 06:17 PM

C'Mon, Man!

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/24/22 08:25 PM

Powell can tell them he is working on his dual mandate. If the politicians want to pass a third mandate like "keep the economy growing" then I guess he can juggle three mandates at once. smile
Posted By: Boco

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/25/22 03:02 AM

Big Ponzie scheme.
Time is up,cards are collapsing,suckers are ready to lose it all.
People soon wont be able to get any substantial amount of money out of the bank,probably cant right now.
Posted By: Okie Farmer

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/25/22 03:54 AM

They're going to keep monkeying with things and drag things out. I think we're heading into a recession and there is no way of stopping it, but don't worry the government will change the definition so we aren't.

I don't know what effect the messed up supply lines will have on a recession, every time you turn around something else is in short supply.

I know where there are job openings going unfilled because of uncompetitive pay in the local job market and or management issues. If you want good employees you have to take care of them.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/25/22 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Okie Farmer

I know where there are job openings going unfilled because of uncompetitive pay in the local job market and or management issues. If you want good employees you have to take care of them.

Or you need people who need work.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/25/22 02:17 PM

Wonder if the gov can't raise taxes on the corporate world then give it back in a Investment Credit type thing to get the ability for the U.S. to produce again. Of course then you have the cash register operator and shelf stocker who thinks they deserve the same pay as the owner of the business, at which time they are replaced by auto means.

Or maybe keep the import taxes off of China, Mexico and Canada and keep the inflationary tax pressures on the consumers at bay. People are at at stage if the Braves can't make the same take home as the Chiefs then even if they need work they won't. They will riot in the streets when the gov handouts dry up. Its part of the Utopian dream when everyone makes the same pay, the only exception being those at the very non replaceable top.

Utopian just seems less hostile than Socialist or even Commie. Here is some memories of the past. Luckily the town (very pleasant one I might add) still exists as a lesson of the past and what having the freedom of individual advancement does rather than same pay, same clothes. same houses for everybody.
https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/indiana/new-harmony-town-utopia-in/
Posted By: Okie Farmer

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/25/22 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Farmer

Or you need people who need work.

They had some that left because they wouldn't give them more hours.

Re: Stocks Bitcoin experts = crickets - 09/25/22 03:37 PM

" Business cycles mark the periodic growth and decline of a nation's economy. "

Recessions are normal. You can print money and buy them off for awhile. You can also create them. In the old days..........
© 2024 Trapperman Forums