Home

I generally hate mornings

Posted By: Wolfdog91

I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 11:29 AM

I'm a night owl, hate waking up at the crack of dawn , but..... Stuff like this makes me not wanna bite peoleiheads off ....as much laugh
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 11:36 AM

I'm just the opposite wolfdog. No more night owlin' for me the past 25 years. I'm usually up at two or three a.m.
Sunrises are for me.
Have a nice day!
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 11:36 AM

Beautiful
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 11:45 AM

Up at 0515 to head to the gym and out in time to watch the sunrise. Except this morning…nothing but FOG!!!
Posted By: run

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 11:50 AM

I like mornings as long as I am sleeping, LOL.
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 01:09 PM

I love watchin the sun rise every morning! Lets me know im still alive and the good lord has granted me another day. Amen!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 01:23 PM

Amazing
Posted By: DakotaBoy

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 01:37 PM

I appreciate sunrises, and the calmness and quiet of the mornings, but have such a tough time getting out of bed. I'm more of a night owl.

Now if it's hunting season, you bet I'll be up before the sun rises!
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 02:28 PM

I am a morning person If I am still in bed at 6:30AM I must be sick The attached picture was taken 12/5/18 from my deer stand I had left the house earlier and It was 18 degrees About 25 minutes before I took the picture a buck and doe came from in back of me They both had a heavy coat of frost on their backs They must have spent the early morning hours bedded in a nearby harvested cornfield We have antler restriction in my state and while it was legal shooting time I could not be certain if the buck had the needed 3 points on one side to make it a legal buck . They did not linger for long .As I sat there debating if the buck may have been legal I was treated to what I called "Fire in the Sky " I was dressed warm enough that the cold was not bothering me .And shot or no shot I was thankful for having seen two deer As the sun crept over the eastern skyline I was thinking to myself where else in the world would I rather be at that moment in time [Linked Image]
Posted By: 160user

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 02:38 PM

It has been years since I have slept past 5 am.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 02:49 PM

thanks for sharing , love a good sun rise.

I guess I am more of a morning person than night owl , I can do either ,my wife is not a morning person

if I need to drive some where I would much rather get some sleep and get up at 0300 and drive 5 hours and be there about 8 than start driving at 1700 and get there at 2100

I also feel like I make better time driving early rather than late
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 05:45 PM

My life is greatly improved when I regularly get up right before sunup. Unfortunately my crazy work schedule makes that difficult.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 07:07 PM

That is a great photo.

Some mornings I wake up grouchy and some mornings I let her sleep. grin
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 09:39 PM

great photo, I'm a morning guy
Posted By: G Hose

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 09:58 PM

Nice photos. I like my mornings. The quite, to the birds, to the sunrise
Posted By: 30/06

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 11:16 PM

I'm a morning guy too, often start getting grumpy about 1000 pm.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 11:25 PM

For many years, I got up at 4:15 am, and was on my way underground at 5:00 to get the mine fired up for day shift. I’ve heard people say you’ll get used to getting up early….they were lying. You learn to tolerate it, but after I retired 9 years ago, I don’t get up before 7:00 unless I’m going hunting or fishing.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/30/22 11:35 PM

I wake up withing 5 minutes of 4:00 am, everyday, no alarm ever..."You're only allowed so many sunrises.... I aim to see every one of them"
Posted By: TheYouthTrapper

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 12:11 AM

Same here Wolfdog, I can stay up for 24 hours straight but if I have to wake up before the sun I get a little cranky, and having PE first period at school doesn't help either.
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 12:16 AM

I use to be a morning person. Then I started working swing shift. I still wake up (most of the time) before the sun. But it has gotten less and less over the years. After almost 19 years of swing shift I have taken a day shift position. It will be a big pay cut, but I think it will be worth it. Swing shift changes you.
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 01:57 AM

I love BEING up in the morning, I hate GETTING up in the morning.
Posted By: 30/06

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 03:17 AM

Being up in the morning improves exponentially with a cup of good coffee!
Posted By: NEYotetrapper

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 04:34 AM

I would rather get up early, the day seems so much more productive and also enjoy the sunrise. However, currently everyone in my household thinks staying up late is great. So getting up before 7 becomes a real struggle.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 09:59 AM

How do you run a long line for trapping if you get up after the sun is already up? cool
I trapped with "one" trapper on a research project "once" who was a grouch in the am.
Dude was quiet and crabby until something in him clicked about 10:00 pm and then he wanted to stay up and enjoy the night.
And then he was that night owl who was a bit nicer and talkative.
I told him straight up day three he was a bit cranky to be a trapper since trappers get up early and stay up early.

But we're all crafted differently and I will not trap with another night owl because IMO they should be DJ's, not trappers whistle

Blessings,
Mark

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 10:46 AM

When I was still working, my regular shift was 6 AM to 2PM which included a 20 minute paid lunch .We often worked an hour of overtime which required me to be at work at 5 AM. During the non trapping season I liked those hours because I would be home from work by 2:15PM .If I needed to make some kind of appointment I could do so without interfering with my normal work hours .However checking traps and still being at work at 5AM meant I was leaving the house by 3:30 AM .Than in the afternoon I still had 3 to 4 hours of daylight to work on my line .I used to tell people back than that the day was half over at 10 AM in the morning
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mark June
How do you run a long line for trapping if you get up after the sun is already up? cool
I trapped with "one" trapper on a research project "once" who was a grouch in the am.
Dude was quiet and crabby until something in him clicked about 10:00 pm and then he wanted to stay up and enjoy the night.
I told him straight up day three he was a bit cranky to be a trapper since trappers get up early and stay up early.

But we're all crafted differently and I will not trap with another night owl because IMO they should be DJ's, not trappers whistle

Blessings,
Mark

There's a few reasons my traps are so highly modified wink
Posted By: teepee2

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 11:52 AM

I take it your not a duck hunter?

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 01:10 PM

The great thing about trapping is each one of us can go about it in whatever way suits are schedule So long s we are abiding by the laws concerning how often you must check your traps .You can start to set anytime after the season opens We don't need to start opening day Use what ever type or size of trap within the regulations .Trap for as many or few days as we like .Once I FIGURED OUT that I needed to develop a system that worked for me it became much easier to catch fur
Posted By: waggler

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 01:44 PM

Usually go to bed 1030-11, wake up 515-530. Put coffee on, climb back into bed, check out the news, and T'man of course. Pour some coffee about 6 climb back into bed, drink coffee, check out more news and the financials. Get up for the day about 630.
I like relaxing mornings, of which most of mine are.
Posted By: rex123

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 02:00 PM

Mornings would be a lot more popular if they came later in the day.
Posted By: oldtrapper

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June

Blessings,
Mark

Exactly what I was thinking... I got up @ 3 am. every morning before school and walked to go check my traps. I loved it. (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) kids these days. The morning is the best time of day.
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 05:12 PM

I am a night owl, too many nights salt water fishing from bridges and bushhooking for catfish.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: I generally hate mornings - 08/31/22 05:58 PM

Night owl here as well. Worked 12 hour shift 5 PM to 5 AM. My internal clock has always been bonkers and usually get 1 night a week of good sleep.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums