Home

I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan"

Posted By: Hutchy

I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 06:00 PM

I'm thinking an Alumacraft competitor 205 with a 200 yammy.

I might even at some point in the next ten years consider using it for guiding. Means its an investment right?

I bet I make more money with it than a liberal arts degree.
Posted By: midlander

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 06:05 PM

Ill bet you have a lot more fun with it too....Lol
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 06:23 PM

The better you are at being creative the more you chances for getting a hand out are .No need to confuse any one with facts.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 06:23 PM

But it ain't likely anybody else will pay for it!
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 06:27 PM

sure they will -- isn't that on the list of necessary school supplies for my degree in underwater basketweaving.

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by H2ORat
sure they will -- isn't that on the list of necessary school supplies for my degree in underwater basketweaving.

hahaha

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by w side rd 151
The better you are at being creative the more you chances for getting a hand out are .No need to confuse any one with facts.

truth

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
But it ain't likely anybody else will pay for it!

You a betting man Bob?

I am calling it "student loan" after all
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 07:18 PM

In a related note the Secret Service announced over the weekend that they have recovered about 286 million dollars that where paid out under the Economic Injury Distress Loan program. The intention of the program was to help small businesses that where impacted by the Covid restrictions .. By using fake ID'S and filing false claims the program incorrectly paid 286 million According to the Secret Service spokesperson there is millions more to be recovered .But it might take years Meanwhile those people that got their money the old fashioned way "they earned it "are supposed to feel bad for those that are as they said being treated unfair .Well in the real world life an'it fair
Posted By: DWC

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 07:57 PM

Id be more specific and call it “Pell Grant”. I think theyll pay back up to 20k for those. No sense in stopping at 10k.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 08:40 PM

That's only a few hundred marten to pay off that loan...Your fellow Canadian trappers can do that in their sleep
Posted By: bblwi

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 09:31 PM

We can make fun of the college educated, but when I hear what a couple of my nephews are starting at, one with a civil engineering degree and one with a masters in business it makes those $23 per hour starting wage jobs look pretty shabby. I know a person who manages a WalMart, he has a business degree, he is in his late 30s and well over 120K before bonuses. Not everyone who goes to college gets worthless degrees or is not capable of making a decent living.

Bryce
Posted By: adam m

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 09:32 PM

Spell it..... Stew Dent Loan
Posted By: Northof50

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/29/22 10:17 PM

So will "Student Loan" boat only carry newly grad girls !
another name for party boat......
Posted By: webfootwhacker

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/30/22 04:13 AM

Sure. But if they make that kind of money, nobody else needs to pay back their loans. And if they don’t, we shouldn’t pay back the loan just because of their poor decision to get a worthless degree. There is no way this can be painted in a positive light.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/30/22 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by webfootwhacker
Sure. But if they make that kind of money, nobody else needs to pay back their loans. And if they don’t, we shouldn’t pay back the loan just because of their poor decision to get a worthless degree. There is no way this can be painted in a positive light.

Yep!
Posted By: Tooltime

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/30/22 09:35 AM

Hutchy I like it.

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/30/22 10:36 AM

I did 4 years in university. I left owing about $2700.

My parents covered tuition the first two years, which was about $2600/ year.

A drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the costs.

I worked construction all summer, saved up some, lived in a tent in the bush for a year, and even worked Fridays and weekends....lived on Sidekicks, eggs, baked beans and snared rabbit from on campus. Peaches in a can were awesome.

I didn't drink, applied for bursaries, and at Christmas family would give me gift cards to restaurants.

I found a way to not go into debt, and it didn't involve wealthy family bailing me out.

Forgiving student debt is yet another way of coddling society and removing responsibility for prior actions.

You took out a loan
Pay it back.

Or perhaps find a way to avoid the loan, or don't go to university.

It's not mandatory.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/30/22 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
We can make fun of the college educated, but when I hear what a couple of my nephews are starting at, one with a civil engineering degree and one with a masters in business it makes those $23 per hour starting wage jobs look pretty shabby. I know a person who manages a WalMart, he has a business degree, he is in his late 30s and well over 120K before bonuses. Not everyone who goes to college gets worthless degrees or is not capable of making a decent living.

Bryce

I don't recall anyone saying otherwise.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/30/22 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Originally Posted by bblwi

Bryce

I don't recall anyone saying otherwise.

I thought that too. There's good education and there's "poor education". I think liberal arts was mentioned, not engineering or business.
I know a Mormon fella that got a business degree, then went to dental school. He makes money while he sleeps at night.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: I think I am gonna name my new boat "student loan" - 08/30/22 03:59 PM

Good one Hutchy!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums