Home

WV Warning

Posted By: cathryn

WV Warning - 07/12/22 12:31 PM

WEST VIRGINIA CAUTION:

In regards to all the people wanting to move here from New York and California as well as many other heavily populated cities across the country, and for those just wanting to come to visit:

Before you come to West Virginia you must be aware and understand what exactly is happening here. Especially around the rural and all of middle West Virginia. There's a housing shortage, rent has tripled, and folks are vacationing here in record numbers...

So, if you plan on moving here, or just plan on vacationing in our river bottoms, hill country, mountains or lakes this summer, I think you should know that wolf spiders, fire ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area due to dryer than usual weather. The woods will eat you alive with ticks and chiggers.

Our lakes are full of gators, fresh water sharks, and creepy old guys wearing speedos along with huge bald eagles that are known to snatch small children and animals.

Our rivers are full of drunks in tubes peeing themselves while the banjo players lay waiting in the bushes.

Appalachian panthers have eaten many domesticated animals and possibly some small children.

The local bear and coyote population are all 'in heat' and think your wife/girlfriend is hot.

Snakes... don’t even get me started on the water headed copper moccasins here, and the Diamond Back Rattler Cobras.

The poison ivy, sumac and poison oak have overtaken all other vegetation. This plants can cause extreme diarrhea and uncontrollable vomiting.

We have had bear sightings at every park and town and they are after your picnic baskets….and some cougars have been spotted in motel rooms and bars.

Watch out for the jackalopes, they have been extremely aggressive this season.

We have silverback gorillas invading our parks and it’s their mating season. Porcupines are "stabbing" small children should they dare to utilize the local playground equipment.

Skunks have made their way over and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs looking for beer.

Murder hornets!?! We’ve got great black clouds of murder hornets, and swarms of giant crickets and even some west African grasshoppers that spit Skoal wintergreen.

Scorpions have now migrated here and have been congregating in massive quantities under rocks, logs, wooden steps, automobiles, and tarantulas are now stealing peoples food and biting like crazy.

I’m pretty sure all private tiger owners (we had a jump in them after Tiger King debuted on Netflix) have released their cats into the streets of our cities and towns.

Head lice now fly and we have vampire bats and don’t even try and forget about the Moth man! Glowing eyes and wings like a scene out of Jeepers Creepers!

Oh, and no one is vaccinated.

I hear Kentucky and Ohio are really nice though. 👍🏼

grin

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 12:34 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 12:41 PM

No, they can be "lost" much better in your hollers than mine.
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 12:48 PM

Well that all sounds pretty scary . I happen to live in one of your neighboring states PA .And while I have not been to W VA for a couple of years now I have spent a lot of time hunting there from about 1987 through 2017 .I must say I never encountered any problems that you mention but I understand that things can change in a short amount of time Mother Nature can be a cruel Mom. .As you mentioned all of the different bugs .small and large animals that cause problems And of course mankind often is quite mean .Perhaps you should start an ADC business in an effort to make your home state more user friendly

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 12:49 PM

I know smile

BUT over your way they might have a fighting chance........... grin

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by w side rd 151
Well that all sounds pretty scary . I happen to live in one of your neighboring states PA .And while I have not been to W VA for a couple of years now I have spent a lot of time hunting there from about 1987 through 2017 .I must say I never encountered any problems that you mention but I understand that things can change in a short amount of time Mother Nature can be a cruel Mom. .As you mentioned all of the different bugs .small and large animals that cause problems And of course mankind often is quite mean .Perhaps you should start an ADC business in an effort to make your home state more user friendly

Nope.. I prefer bugs. grin to city slickers.lol
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 01:01 PM

the worst traffic in WI is Friday night from 4 to 9 and Sunday from about 3-9 when Illinois invades for the weekend and week long stays

I39/90 from Madison to the state line is one big traffic jam
I94 isn't much better

once they hit Madison they fan out a little 12, 151 , 39, 90, 94 , 51
Posted By: run

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 01:14 PM

Sounds accurate to me, Cathryn. Thank you.
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 02:37 PM

[/b].and some cougars have been spotted in motel rooms and bars.[b]

Those over 40 Female Cougars that hang out in the Bars, I hear can be a wild bunch !! ROFLMAO !! laugh
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 03:12 PM

A boom to your local economy,. Retirees from northeastern US cities. Lol

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
[/b].and some cougars have been spotted in motel rooms and bars.[b]

Those over 40 Female Cougars that hang out in the Bars, I hear can be a wild bunch !! ROFLMAO !! laugh

I've seen em firsthand...They're a scary lot. grin

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 03:31 PM

A friend just sent me this.lol

It is so true. When they interview someone on the news here they always get the most rednecks person they can find.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by cathryn
A friend just sent me this.lol

It is so true. When they interview someone on the news here they always get the most rednecks person they can find.

[Linked Image]

Remember the Jeffy Rule: Just because someone with a camera shows up, you do not have to talk to the.
Posted By: DaveP

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 03:43 PM

Back in the late '70, the old man behind my folks place died.
His kids started selling off his land.
Last piece to go butted up against the back of my folks' property.
It's where old cars, boats, construction equipment, etc went when it died.

So was a bit of an eyesore.

Saw the realtor coming in with some prospective buyers.

Me and my brothers grabbed a 12 pk, ran back there, and climbed in an old StarCraft.
Started getting loud, throwing empties, etc, to scare off any buyer.
Worked before.

This time, guy gets out, walks over, says,
" I'm Timmy XXXXX, from WVa, you all got a extra beer?"

LOL, he bought the place, built a house and shop on it.
Him and my Dad drank beer and fished together for the next 35 years!

And Timmy parked all his old junk back there too.

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 04:03 PM

That'd be another wv stereotype.

That we all got junk in our back yards.

That ain't true..some of us got it in the front.
grin

LOL.
And for the record. I got all my teeth

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 04:10 PM

The minute you pay for them they belong to you so technically you’re correct.

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by FairbanksLS
The minute you pay for them they belong to you so technically you’re correct.

And that folks is how ya make a set....who said people are smarter than yotes??? wink

I'm just pickin at ya fairbanks but I did wonder who was gonna be the first to post what ya did.lol

It's a In Good fun.

And I aint paid for em.... not all of em yet anyways. grin
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 04:25 PM

Isn't WV where the Clampetts came from before they moved to Hollywood?

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 04:45 PM

Uhh yeah. And it where. And the Real McCoy's too
Posted By: Arkansas87

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 05:03 PM

Nope.clampets where from arkansas

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 05:03 PM

At least the partial truth came out. Lol

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by FairbanksLS
At least the partial truth came out. Lol

I ain't gotta a partial neither.lol.my momma does though.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 08:29 PM

The local bear and coyote population are all 'in heat' and think your wife/girlfriend is hot.

So just the womenfolk at risk then? That's a relief.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 08:33 PM

WEST VIRGINIA CAUTION:

In regards to all the people wanting to move here from New York and California as well as many other heavily populated cities across the country, and for those just wanting to come to visit:

Before you come to West Virginia you must be aware and understand what exactly is happening here. Especially around the rural and all of middle West Virginia. There's a housing shortage, rent has tripled, and folks are vacationing here in record numbers...

So, if you plan on moving here, or just plan on vacationing in our river bottoms, hill country, mountains or lakes this summer, I think you should know that wolf spiders, fire ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area due to dryer than usual weather. The woods will eat you alive with ticks and chiggers.

Our lakes are full of gators, fresh water sharks, and creepy old guys wearing speedos along with huge bald eagles that are known to snatch small children and animals.

Our rivers are full of drunks in tubes peeing themselves while the banjo players lay waiting in the bushes.

Appalachian panthers have eaten many domesticated animals and possibly some small children.

Snakes... don’t even get me started on the water headed copper moccasins here, and the Diamond Back Rattler Cobras.

The poison ivy, sumac and poison oak have overtaken all other vegetation. This plants can cause extreme diarrhea and uncontrollable vomiting.

We have had bear sightings at every park and town and they are after your picnic baskets….and some cougars have been spotted in motel rooms and bars.

Watch out for the jackalopes, they have been extremely aggressive this season.

We have silverback gorillas invading our parks and it’s their mating season. Porcupines are "stabbing" small children should they dare to utilize the local playground equipment.

Skunks have made their way over and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs looking for beer.

Murder hornets!?! We’ve got great black clouds of murder hornets, and swarms of giant crickets and even some west African grasshoppers that spit Skoal wintergreen.

Scorpions have now migrated here and have been congregating in massive quantities under rocks, logs, wooden steps, automobiles, and tarantulas are now stealing peoples food and biting like crazy.

I’m pretty sure all private tiger owners (we had a jump in them after Tiger King debuted on Netflix) have released their cats into the streets of our cities and towns.

Head lice now fly and we have vampire bats and don’t even try and forget about the Moth man! Glowing eyes and wings like a scene out of Jeepers Creepers!

Oh, and no one is vaccinated.

I hear Kentucky and Ohio are really nice though. 👍🏼

grin

grin hold my beer!!
Posted By: BigBob

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by HayDay

So just the womenfolk at risk then? That's a relief.

Not anymore! Men can get pregnant too now.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 10:17 PM

The heat is enough to keep me away.

Re: WV Warning - 07/12/22 10:17 PM

LOL.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: WV Warning - 07/13/22 02:22 AM

You forgot to mention that the Mountain Mamas don’t like outsiders trespassing up their hollers. The double barrel shotguns can look very nasty when you approach their houses.

Re: WV Warning - 07/13/22 07:25 PM

..mines a 12 Guage.

We like our privacy is all
Posted By: coonlove

Re: WV Warning - 07/13/22 07:35 PM

Don't forget "The Wild and Wonderful Whites" -watching that bunch would keep me here. The old man that said that he huffed so much gasoline that he could tell regular grade from premium............... sick
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: WV Warning - 07/13/22 10:51 PM

here we are!
Posted By: PSB1011

Re: WV Warning - 07/13/22 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by w side rd 151

Nope.. I prefer bugs. grin to city slickers.lol

Do you prefer snakes to city slickers?lol

Re: WV Warning - 07/14/22 12:26 AM

Yes. I will take the snakes any day.
Posted By: Actor

Re: WV Warning - 07/14/22 12:36 PM

Cathryn... you forgot to tell Big City faggots that if they are wearing any kind of hat... it had best be a MAGA hat or to get ready for a tar bath and pillowcase of feathers...

Garry-

Re: WV Warning - 07/14/22 10:47 PM

West Virginia and West (Virginia) look pretty scary.

Attached picture 952B849D-DEC6-48AB-9EE5-B00D9E6C3E01.jpeg

Re: WV Warning - 07/15/22 12:39 PM

There's a difference between city slickers and anakea??? confused
Posted By: DaveP

Re: WV Warning - 07/15/22 01:32 PM

There's a difference between city slickers and anakea??? confused

Yeah, one's only a problem during the warm months.
Posted By: Cattrax

Re: WV Warning - 07/16/22 01:44 AM

In a jar on the shelf. grin

Re: WV Warning - 07/16/22 11:23 AM

I actually believe Cathryn has her teeth intact.

Re: WV Warning - 07/16/22 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cattrax

In a jar on the shelf. grin

No they ain't on a shelf they're in my dang head like run said.

Thanks run. smile

Re: WV Warning - 07/16/22 04:51 PM

I just heard Dr Ronald Hoffman on the radio say WV has the highest obesity rates in the US so don’t try to tell us your running out of food too.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums