Home

Gov.Abbott

Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 10:43 AM

I'm not from Texas but the governor is in the news a lot,I was under the impression he was a true blue conservative.This morning the morning news is playing up the fact he has backed out of his speaking engagement at the NRA's convention.Is he a real conservative or another RINO?
Posted By: Posco

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 10:46 AM

Lee Greenwood backed out along with several others. Timing.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 10:47 AM

Yea, given what just happened I'll give him a pass this time.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 12:50 PM

Bad optics, good decision.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 12:53 PM

Hmmm
Posted By: warrior

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 12:55 PM

Abott by most accounts isn't a DeSantis being somewhat tepid in his advancing conservative causes. Seems he's good at reading the wind and pushing when pushed but not one to initiate action.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 02:02 PM

I saw Lee Greenwood on Fox and Friends,explaining he backed out because it could be seen as an endorsement of the weapon that killed kids.I guess that's one way to look at it,though the convention is about the NRA,not the AR15.Another way to look at it is that's his excuse so he can duck the woke crowd and the condemnation the NRA is receiving as a gun rights organization.I found his excuse lame
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

I'm not so inclined to do that. Either you stand up for what you believe in or you don't.
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

I'm not so inclined to do that. Either you stand up for what you believe in or you don't.

Agree 100%
Posted By: hippie

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by G Hose

Agree 100%

I would agree if he was from a different state, but he's dealing with the families of those kids right now. Tuff call either way.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 02:30 PM

OK, you got two choices for Gov. , Put on your thinkin caps. You guys lookin for the perfect messiah in every candidate are a hoot.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 02:45 PM

I had the thought yesterday, that there would likely be a liberal shooter or two at that NRA Conference and that President Trump and other conservative leaders would be the targets.

Keith
Posted By: charles

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 03:03 PM

Nothing he could say would have worked in his favor.

Regarding the NRA, when has a member ever committed a mass shooting? Maybe NRA membership and training courses should be required for gun purchases. A portion of dues could be directed for mental health and law enforcement.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by charles

Regarding the NRA, when has a member ever committed a mass shooting? Maybe NRA membership and training courses should be required for gun purchases. A portion of dues could be directed for mental health and law enforcement.

Finally something I can agree with you on, Charles! Your getting there!
Posted By: canebrake

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

Yep.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Originally Posted by charles

Finally something I can agree with you on, Charles! Your getting there!

I’m with you on this too, Lee. I almost said something to compliment Charles but I held back to see if it was a typo or something.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 05:52 PM

The 'anti gun groups' are all calling for protesters at the NRA convention in Texas. Might be a good place to stay away from, or a target rich environment. depending on how you roll.

Charlie
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 06:37 PM

I heard he has a pre-recorded message that is going to be played.
Posted By: Dennis W

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
I heard he has a pre-recorded message that is going to be played.

That's what I heard as well. He was gonna be in Uvalde I also heard.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 09:07 PM

100%...
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/27/22 10:48 PM

I support Gov. Abbott. He used common sense. During this difficult time would be bad idea to attend the NRA affair. We don't need to be arguing about gun control, we need to be discussing addressing mental illness.What kind of person kills children???
Posted By: jtg

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/28/22 12:21 AM

Gov. Abbott is a very good man.
Posted By: Hoosier71

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/28/22 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
OK, you got two choices for Gov. , Put on your thinkin caps. You guys lookin for the perfect messiah in every candidate are a hoot.

100% this.

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/28/22 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Fisher Man
I support Gov. Abbott. He used common sense. During this difficult time would be bad idea to attend the NRA affair. We don't need to be arguing about gun control, we need to be discussing addressing mental illness.What kind of person kills children???

We have a society in freefall that's coming apart at the seams. One freak in a country of 330 million. Hard to believe the devastation one person can unleash.
Posted By: Ringneck1

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/28/22 04:46 AM

Abbott has bigger fish to fry than nra. He better focus on who lied to him yesterday.
Posted By: martyd

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/28/22 04:59 AM

Governor Abbot is working on getting to bottom of the problem. I am sure he is working 24 hrs a day for the next month re-writing the police hand book and training on a hostage situation. I will give him a pass on the NRA convention this time but I hope he makes it a point to speak next year. MD
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/28/22 05:03 AM

There is a lot of mental illness all over the world and not near the shootings we have here. Just saying. Mental illness should not be the fall back position for keeping my right to bear arms. If dozens of armed security persons can't take down one armed intruder, how do we expect our resouces to and our agencies etc. to find all these mentally ill persons if we have not done well so far? To me using mental illness is a weak argument over the longer term of time. We can't even define it let alone search out, find and find suitable outcomes for the millions of people that could well be.

Bryce
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/28/22 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by jtg
Gov. Abbott is a very good man.

I agree. I also think he is way better than Beto O'Rourke or Mathew Mccaughey who both talk about running for gov here

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/28/22 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
There is a lot of mental illness all over the world and not near the shootings we have here. Just saying. Mental illness should not be the fall back position for keeping my right to bear arms. If dozens of armed security persons can't take down one armed intruder, how do we expect our resouces to and our agencies etc. to find all these mentally ill persons if we have not done well so far? To me using mental illness is a weak argument over the longer term of time. We can't even define it let alone search out, find and find suitable outcomes for the millions of people that could well be.

Bryce

I agree. The left is out for blood, they smell it in the water and it seems events are conspiring against us at every turn. Emotions have the upper hand.
Posted By: yask65

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/29/22 02:30 AM

Abbot is just like every other politician tells you what you want to hear .when things get heavy or heated he hides in the corner . But the other idiots who are trying to take his job are even worse .
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Gov.Abbott - 05/29/22 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi

Bryce

So what's your suggestion?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums