Home

Ghost guns

Posted By: coonman220

Ghost guns - 03/21/22 07:37 PM

Heard them but know little about them , not considered a firearm? So u could do anything or carry in any manner want to ? In handguns ? Or long gun, rifle, shotgun ? How expensive are they ? Anyone know where can view parts to make online ?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 07:49 PM

I believe a ghost gun is a gun without a serial number on it. Have to ask Just to make sure. He saw a picture of one on TV.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 08:06 PM

Totally bogus scare tactic media term.

Fact, from the very beginning of time humans have had the inherent ability and right to craft their own weapons.

US law reflects that from our founding. Any person legally allowed to possess weapons make build their own firearms for personal use, personal use only. These arms are not required to be registered.

It has always been an interesting sideline for folks in the firearms hobby.

Now in modern times with modern technology one can purchase raw castings or forgings that are up to 80% completed towards a final firearm frame, the registered part. Under ATF rules 80% or less is not a firearm at all and can be bought and sold without any sort of regulatory record keeping.

Just a few milling cuts or holes bored are all that is required to complete these castings.

These have become popular as it greatly eases home construction and they are all made to a pattern so can be sold as kits complete with instructions.

Somehow we are supposed to believe this is somehow dangerous or these type weapons are somehow different than buying off the shelf.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Heard them but know little about them , not considered a firearm? So u could do anything or carry in any manner want to ? In handguns ? Or long gun, rifle, shotgun ? How expensive are they ? Anyone know where can view parts to make online ?

99.9% hype and propaganda to push an anti agenda

if you build a gun from parts as in you machine out the receiver from a block of steel or aluminum you may have started with a block of metal but you got to a working tool

the current admin and the anti gun folks want you to either not be able to do that or if you do it fill out paperwork to transfer it to yourself and get on record with the Gestapo so you can be properly culled when the time comes.

it simply means you build your own

they make it out to be some sort of voodoo Taboo thing when in reality Americans have been building guns since before we were Americans

I assure you the bad guys will not fill out forms for what they build

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 08:23 PM

if you built your self a farm truck from scrapped parts they would call it a Ghost Truck to instill fear that you didn't buy it from a dealer , register it with the DMV , get it safety inspected but we are talking a farm truck that never goes on the road

the realty is none of the guns registered will undergo any sort of safety inspection or anything for the safety of the people the measure is merely to hype a non issue then offer a feel good do nothing solution that only helps tyrants never the people so that they can say they fixed something that was never broken to buy the useful Idiot's vote
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 08:28 PM

not that you asked; but if I were you, I'd worry more about paying your back taxes than buying another gun.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 08:32 PM

Just wonder where can view online at

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 08:49 PM

Just wonder where can view online at

what are you looking for ?

https://shop.tciprecision.com/produ..._eKnpQVB_gpMgjCY2NqFieu1EjxoCJ7EQAvD_BwE
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 08:50 PM

They used to sell a partially machined lower with no serial number for an AR15 and that as I understand it is how it got started. If you found one and bought it you still had to build the rest of your firearm and do the rest of the work on it as I understand it. I don't know if they are sold anymore?
Cheaper and easier to just buy a regular AR15. Just buy one used if you are concerned about someone recording the serial number or having it on file. Buy a good one.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

99.9% hype and propaganda to push an anti agenda

if you build a gun from parts as in you machine out the receiver from a block of steel or aluminum you may have started with a block of metal but you got to a working tool

the current admin and the anti gun folks want you to either not be able to do that or if you do it fill out paperwork to transfer it to yourself and get on record with the Gestapo so you can be properly culled when the time comes.

You forgot something. The whole registering thing will be just like if you build a boat. They will assess the value and tax you during the “paperwork” process.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 08:56 PM

80 percent lowers receivers are still legal to buy and finish oneself.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

You forgot something. The whole registering thing will be just like if you build a boat. They will assess the value and tax you during the “paperwork” process.

yup

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 09:28 PM

Where look online at them? I like see about them
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 09:48 PM

https://www.80percentarms.com/80-lowers/

https://www.80-lower.com/80-handgun-frames/

If you ever bought a hunting license or a trapping license or used insta check to buy a firearm from a dealer, your Uncle Sam already knows your a firearm owner. Uncle Sam may not know the details but he sure as shootin knows who has them.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 09:54 PM

Here is a ghost gun
[Linked Image]
Ammo is hard to come by though.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 10:00 PM

I bought some lumber. Going to make myself a "ghost" deck... Maybe a "ghost" fence at some point too.

Mike
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 10:24 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 10:31 PM

[Linked Image]

whistle

Mike

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by wetdog
Here is a ghost gun
[Linked Image]
Ammo is hard to come by though.

Look like a machine gun kinda u put turret or stand, I thought of single shot long barrel with a 410 slug, kinda like a 45, I wonder if could get a kit like that , where 80 per cent u build

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
I bought some lumber. Going to make myself a "ghost" deck... Maybe a "ghost" fence at some point too.

Mike

thats funny sort of , but I really do want to build a all wood receiver 10/22 just to prove I can
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
[Linked Image]

Awesome

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 11:15 PM

[Linked Image]

whistle

Mike

Now that, is a ghost gun!

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 11:15 PM

Mike

thats funny sort of , but I really do want to build a all wood receiver 10/22 just to prove I can

That would be cool
Posted By: warrior

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
[Linked Image]

whistle

Mike

Now that, is a ghost gun!

Just don't cross the streams!

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 11:17 PM

grin wink

Had that happen once! Don’t recommend!

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 11:26 PM

Mike

I hear ya.

It hurts my head to know that there are people who consider it necessary and practical to regulate a lump of metal because of what it might be fashioned into.

Those folks should just give up and volunteer themselves to be ground into fertilizer... Something with actual benefit to the rest of the human race.

Mike

Re: Ghost guns - 03/21/22 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
grin wink

Had that happen once! Don’t recommend!

Yeah, I'm not into crossing streams.

Mike

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 12:13 AM

Dont any of you listen to the news? people are killing each other in those welfare neighborhoods with "ghost guns". since they cant buy or steal one with serial numbers they are using home made guns. Didn't those used to be called zip guns?????

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Dont any of you listen to the news? people are killing each other in those welfare neighborhoods with "ghost guns". since they cant buy or steal one with serial numbers they are using home made guns. Didn't those used to be called zip guns?????

I thought they were Saturday night specials!

Obviously, if they make a law against it the criminals will follow it.
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 12:45 AM

Mike

but did you get a permit from the county to posse a ''ghost deck'' .

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 12:50 AM

these were actually commercially made but you can see just how simple it can be

the breach is simply a block of steel with a bolt through it use a grade 8 and you really aren't going to get much stronger

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by oneuglyduck

Mike

but did you get a permit from the county to posse a ''ghost deck'' .

No code enforcement here... At least not yet. My brother-in-law might get in trouble with OK DEQ for damming the creek on his property since it's a navigable waterway... But building ponds, decks, sheds, swimming pools, etc... is still free from bureaucracy. I'm sure the bigger cities have permitting requirements, but my small town and rural areas are still in a state of "anarchy" where property rights are concerned.

Mike
Posted By: Crowfoot

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 01:15 AM

the breach is simply a block of steel with a bolt through it use a grade 8 and you really aren't going to get much stronger

I enjoyed that, thanks.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 01:15 AM

Mike

Great,,now trees will be illegal. grin

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 01:33 AM

How much those cost or easy get? U could have ship legally , a kit ?

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 02:17 AM

coon man you have to build it can you get parts yes but not all of them you have to manufacturer at least 20% I built my first when I was about 16 it was a 410

lost in a fire

if you can weld a touch you can do a lot or if you have a little machining experience

not uncommon but the news is selling a false bill of goods , not entirely wrong , you can buy parts and partially machined pieces and then finish the last 20% or more

just that they are making it out to be like it is a 5 minute thing even with the right tooling and knowledge it is more like a long afternoon and you will have a bunch of money in tooling depending on what you are trying to build

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 02:39 AM

I saw a video where some kid made something similar but they put a magazine on it... It worked like a pump action but fed up out of a magazine instead of backing out of a tube under the barrel. It was a very crude prototype cobbled together in a garage. But it did work.

Mike

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 03:28 AM

Order it from Richardson ?

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 03:33 AM

Order it from Richardson ?

Sure?
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 05:00 AM

Coon man you can't order a ghost gun legally. You have to make it yourself to be legally. And that Richardson has not been in business in this century.
Posted By: Kart29

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 01:16 PM

I remember seeing a few years ago where a guy built some functioning handguns that would shoot a shotshell just from items he purchased at the hardware store. He built several and had about $12 plus 1/2 hour time in each gun. Then he took them to a local gun buy-back program and got $100 apiece for them. smile

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 01:28 PM

ok fine you made me do it

the pinacol of English FJB(like) you can't keep me from building a gun

and the guy wrote a book Dick Luty before he was arrested by the Brits

he if your going to build go all out and build a full on sub machine gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YE9J7qcj0c

sorry you have to watch this one on youtube , I realized he uses a the F a few times no need to get my self in trouble here.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 01:58 PM

This is nothing new. Haven't you seen the "kit" Hawken rifles that were mostly completed and just needed final fit and finish? This is the same concept.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
This is nothing new. Haven't you seen the "kit" Hawken rifles that were mostly completed and just needed final fit and finish? This is the same concept.

other than you could just order the muzzle loader and have shipped complete to your house , while you must complete at least 20% of the machining possesses on a cartridge firearm.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 02:11 PM

Does a fella save much by going the 80% route over buying a complete gun?

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 02:26 PM

Looked and found my answer. laugh

Palmeto has finished AR lowers for 59$.... Some place called 80% has 80% lowers for 99$.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Does a fella save much by going the 80% route over buying a complete gun?

nope but you get a heck of an education

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 02:56 PM

I think it would be a good thing to know. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 80% doesn't have a serial # which should keep the gun away from the gun grabbers when they start tracking down purchased firearms.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I think it would be a good thing to know. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 80% doesn't have a serial # which should keep the gun away from the gun grabbers when they start tracking down purchased firearms.

At the Moment

there is a big push to make 80% all require the same as 100% complete recivers for ffl transfer

and to require you to take every 0-80% you ever made to get registered and serialized.

it will do nothing for public safety unless your planning to be a tyrant and need to disarm the populace , then it is Tyrant safety but people genocide.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 03:08 PM

Will you hand over your guns that you purchased?

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 03:13 PM

My thinking is.....

If you end up in a situation where you need a gun they don't know about and have to hide it, why not just hide the ones they know you have and say you sold them years ago pt?

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 03:13 PM

thinking you can give up ones with a paper trail and keep those without is very very short sighted , if you hand any over then you have already lost

we must stand together or we will surely hang separately

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 03:14 PM

Yep.

We posted at the same time. laugh

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 04:10 PM

Im not going to hide anything. If you feel a need to hide firearms from our government its time to load them.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 04:13 PM

FWIW I believe there is a firearms owners registry. Its not possible for big brother to know where every firearm is. They dont have to. Just knowing WHO owns them is a big deal. It worries me that no one is talking about it. Everybody is focused on defeating gun registration.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 04:17 PM

https://youtu.be/COBmaqs43tY, watch this Danny, maybe you will be able to sleep tonite.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 04:27 PM

Im not going to hide anything. If you feel a need to hide firearms from our government its time to load them.

I wasn't figuring on hiding any, that was just to illustrate there was no difference between a registered gun and unregistered if push came to shove.

I learned in 1989 that they keep records on gun transactions. I bought a gun at a sale, got it home and found out the serial numbers were ground off. Not wanting a "Hot" gun, I had the police look at it and they x-rayed it and got them he number.

They told me it was sold new in Michigan, transferred in Texas but never reported stolen. Go figure out how they knew all that without a registry?

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 05:20 PM

No sir I will not.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 05:23 PM

No sir I will not.

Same here. I ruled it out as an option.
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 05:26 PM

All I will say is if you make one legally, make sure you pay attention to any new laws. You may be 100% in the right one year, then the next year you end up in cuffs and have agents at your house. If the laws do change, make sure you destroy the lower receiver or pistol frame, and save it. That way if they get a list or see a pic you posted and come searching, they will see you are compliant. Its not a fun thing to deal with.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 05:28 PM

That act in the you tube video is to prevent a national gun registry. It does not prevent big brother from compiling a list of gun OWNERS.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 05:34 PM

Big brother hears everything Alexis hears. wink

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 05:42 PM

FWIW I suspect the thugs ignore the gun registry prohibition the same way they ignore warrant requirements to record ALL electronic communication. Remember the surprise when that secret info was leaked? Nothing has been done about it but it remains illegal.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 10:16 PM

FWIW I suspect the thugs ignore the gun registry prohibition the same way they ignore warrant requirements to record ALL electronic communication. Remember the surprise when that secret info was leaked? Nothing has been done about it but it remains illegal.

So do we quit buying guns? The Video explain the law and procedures. I am glad that there was a Gun owners protection law, I am glad that they appear to be honoring it. The only thing that could help would be a total scrapping of NICS. Once you sell a gun the paper trail stops, buy a used gun , no paper trail.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/22/22 10:24 PM

I wasn't figuring on hiding any, that was just to illustrate there was no difference between a registered gun and unregistered if push came to shove.

I learned in 1989 that they keep records on gun transactions. I bought a gun at a sale, got it home and found out the serial numbers were ground off. Not wanting a "Hot" gun, I had the police look at it and they x-rayed it and got them he number.

They told me it was sold new in Michigan, transferred in Texas but never reported stolen. Go figure out how they knew all that without a registry?

The LEO can request a trace, has to meet certain criteria, if granted, they can contact the Manufacture, they can tell what gun it was and what dealer it was delivered to, They can then contact that dealer and if the dealer is still in business, he must provide the transfer. End of trace.
I also doubt many on here have ever registered a gun.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Ghost guns - 03/23/22 04:27 PM

My friend in Wyoming built ten or more of them, buy the 80% frame and finish it then install parts.
I have one complete and two to finish
Worse part about them is they are not supposed to leave the state the receiver is milled in, unless you put a registered serial number on it
Posted By: coontraper

Re: Ghost guns - 03/28/22 02:26 PM

they are a ghost gun though. what are they going to do to track were you had the receiver milled out in? i have one and am planning on getting a few more when i can even if its just the lowers and then build as i get money to. but the gun doesnt exist to the government so why would you have to worry about taking it into another state if theres really no proof on were it was milled in. i had a good friend of mine with a CNC mill mine out and it was done with nothing more than a hand shake.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/28/22 03:02 PM

I have a Mexican golf gun. It made a hole in Juan........

Re: Ghost guns - 03/28/22 04:30 PM

I have a Mexican golf gun. It made a hole in Juan........

the buck shot version makes 9 holes finishes the round in one pull so you can hit the club house

Re: Ghost guns - 03/28/22 06:23 PM

My theory is that by the time the gun grabbers would get to this neck of the woods, there won't be any left and if there are, they would have a change of heart and look for some other form of employment.

[Linked Image]

Since the current folks in charge hand over all sorts of armaments to terrorist organizations like the Taliban, I don't think that it is in ones best interest to give them any of our guns. They jut can't be trusted with things like that. Its like giving a box of matches to a toddler and then leave the house.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Ghost guns - 03/28/22 07:17 PM

I'd like to build one some day.
Ain't gonna be soon.
Maybe not at all.
just
Posted By: coontraper

Re: Ghost guns - 03/29/22 01:30 PM

i doubt they will come out and take our guns at all. they probably will do 1 of a few things. stop selling them completly, stop selling certain critical parts for them due to "not being able to find the materials", or as we can kinda see now just jacking up the price of primers so nobody can afford to buy new shells or reload any of the shells they already have

Re: Ghost guns - 03/29/22 02:08 PM

Yep component prices suck right now if you can even get them. Having said that, i still manage to get in way more practice than any LEO or military person, even though i am doing less ow than I did in the past and won't go into my stock .

Re: Ghost guns - 03/29/22 03:34 PM

Powder is harder to find than primers. When cheap deer rifle ammo is a buck fifty a round its not good now.

Trump blazed a trail for the ATF to just reinterpret the law in order to make legal stuff illegal. It was a smart move to start with a useless toy like bumpstocks so the NRA crowd would not complain.

NSA is monitoring all electronic communication we find out. The whistle blowers prosecuted for violating national secrets. The tyrannists who classified the info that rights are being violated in the first place getting a pass. It has not stopped either.

All cell phones are required to send GPS location to big brother. To insure nobody has a phone that will not do this the method to transmit and receive has evolved from analog to digital to 5g whatever all that is. I think its to make sure that cell phone and GPS monitoring is current.

Then there are programs like cash for clunkers. Get rid of as many vehicles as possible that don't need computers and circuit boards and sensors to operate. Vehicles not equipped with GPS. Force people to pay for stuff they dont want. Ever wonder what a new vehicle would cost if you could just buy what you wanted?

Re: Ghost guns - 03/29/22 03:57 PM

there is a really good argument to MAKE IT SO COMMON IT CAN'T BE TAKEN AWAY.

PSA and a few other companies helped bring affordable ARs to the masses

DItto on the pistol braces if you don't own one time to join the club they are quite affordable and a 9mm ar or 5.56 with a 10.5 inch barrel sure swings quick and carries easy

my son was just commenting that had the 1994-2004 Assault Weapons ban not happened the Mass production , cost reduction and popularization of the AR platform would likely have not happened.

the military contracts in the same time frame for millions of M4 rifles helped

people saw a window of opportunity and knew the anti gun folks were still pushing hard to take them.

so sell them to the masses

much like state after state decriminalized pot because they just couldn't put all those people in jail , there wasn't the space , it started to look like much larger than the kind of numbers they won and lost elections by.

Re: Ghost guns - 03/29/22 04:50 PM

"Ghost guns" are about to be made illegal. If you have a homemade firearm the ATF says you need to tell them, get a NICS check, and apply for a unique serial number which you must engrave on the receiver.

I wonder if that standard will apply to guns manufactured before 1968 that do not have a serial number?

We are getting close to having firearm law so complicated it will be impossible to stay legal and own/carry a firearm. There are already several states in that category.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums