Home

Coyote Days 2022

Posted By: John Graham

Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 01:05 PM

Well, I just looked at the calendar, and did the math, and realized that we are exactly 6 months from Coyote Days, 2022!

We will once again be assembling some of the very best Coyote trappers, snare men, callers, and predator control people alive, in one place, to share their knowledge.

August 19-20 Lusk Wyoming

20 demos in 2 days, and the Friday night round table is full of solid info. IF you want to learn about Coyotes and Bobcats from A-Z, this is THE place.

I'll be adding a page to our Fur Country Lures website to list Motels and campgrounds and other info.

I'll also post info on here

Time will fly by, and this is something that a lot of people look forward to. Attendees come from 25 states, and many come back every year.

Look at your calendars, and start making plans. We are!

Lets get through the winter, and work together to get this country back on track. Summer will be here before we know it.

Thanks, John
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 01:52 PM

Be here before you realize.28 days till spring time.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 02:17 PM

AND, the older you get, the faster the time flys! Like a roll of toilet paper.....
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 02:35 PM

I had a good time last year. I had to put up with Lee and his ribbing but I guess it’s because I sat at his table quite a bit. But I did get a second deathray. Lots of dead dogs behind those men. I’d say if you were trapping for 80 years, you still walk away with new things.
Posted By: trapperjdb

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 02:44 PM

Good deal, I will squeeze it in my vacation out west.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by USMC47 🦫
I had a good time last year. I had to put up with Lee and his ribbing but I guess it’s because I sat at his table quite a bit. But I did get a second deathray. Lots of dead dogs behind those men. I’d say if you were trapping for 80 years, you still walk away with new things.

I missed meeting you John. Kept an eye out for you at your camper but missed you. Lee did say you where pestering him at his booth most of the time. Had a good time but had to cut it short.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
AND, the older you get, the faster the time flys! Like a roll of toilet paper.....

Exactly

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 06:42 PM

See how you are, Tim! Trying to get big John upset at wittle old me! laugh grin

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 07:24 PM

See how you are, Tim! Trying to get big John upset at wittle old me! laugh grin

Who, me??? whistle
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 08:41 PM

Lee just keep a death ray handy, one of those in your hand is liable to keep even a Marine rembering his manners
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 09:01 PM

Bring a death ray with my name on it.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Boone Liane

You make that Marine mad too? Or is he just that bad when he gets away from home that we all should carry one?
Posted By: blackhammer

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 09:18 PM

Very good chance I will attend for the first time this summer. Sounds awesome!
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by blackhammer
Very good chance I will attend for the first time this summer. Sounds awesome!

You bring that dairy Farmer and you both might not make it back
Posted By: blackhammer

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 09:32 PM

Wasn’t planning on it figured he’d ride with you.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 09:33 PM

Ain’t that the truth!
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

Ain’t that the truth!

Yep

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 10:52 PM

Hi Boone. Two or three? I'll prolly be at Forsyth this summer to, not sure when the western is, but I'm planning on making it! Think you got a three the last time. Shorter is better!
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/19/22 10:55 PM

A two footer should suffice this time.
Posted By: PSB1011

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/20/22 12:08 AM

Hi Boone. Two or three? I'll prolly be at Forsyth this summer to, not sure when the western is, but I'm planning on making it! Think you got a three the last time. Shorter is better!

Hey Lee,that Stingray is the cats meow, actually them cats don't meow very long when using it.I really like it, thanks.

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/20/22 12:34 AM

Cool Phil, I'm glad you put it to good use! I enjoyed your video too! You gonna make the pilgrimage to Lusk again this summer?
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/20/22 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by 20scout
Originally Posted by USMC47 🦫

I missed meeting you John. Kept an eye out for you at your camper but missed you. Lee did say you where pestering him at his booth most of the time. Had a good time but had to cut it short.
You going this year? I’m gonna do a ferrel child catching demo. I swear I didn’t see my kids all day until they came to me saying they were hungry.

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/20/22 02:03 PM

Not sure I will or not this this year John but most certainly would like too. Too many other irons in the fire to commit just yet. I seen you pull in and no sooner had your truck stopped the doors flew open and everyone scattered! Figured I would walk over and introduce myself once you came back but our paths never crossed. Would like to shake your hand one day soon.

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/20/22 03:36 PM

Lee, bring me one of them skinning lives I hear so much about.......

Hammer, bring the little lady and see the black hills while you are out there.

Looking forward to it John, it's the highlight of my summer. Maybe we can talk Zagger and Phil to both show up again.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/20/22 03:53 PM

If we don't get drawn for a Montana fall hunt,it might be in the cards.Would like to meet a few people on here like Mr. Nolan and others plus all the good demo's etc.Always good to get together and talk about canine trapping and trapping in general.

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/20/22 05:24 PM

I know you wouldn't regret it Rick!

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/21/22 12:27 AM

Steven, the fish fry you guys put on last summer was the highlight of MY summer!
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/21/22 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by John Graham
Steven, the fish fry you guys put on last summer was the highlight of MY summer!

Wait till this August, just like coyote days itself, we have to raise the bar for the cookout!

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/21/22 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Monster Toms
Originally Posted by John Graham

Wait till this August, just like coyote days itself, we have to raise the bar for the cookout!

You bringing lobster?

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/21/22 09:11 PM

Wait till this August, just like coyote days itself, we have to raise the bar for the cookout![/quote]

You bringing lobster?[/quote]

I have some crawfish in the pond that might qualify!!

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 02/21/22 09:23 PM

You read my mind.

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 05/31/22 06:33 PM

OK, We're less than 3 months away from Coyote Days 2022 now, and things are really shaping up!

I'll be posting the tentative demo list in a few days, and I'll say right now that our hand-picked, top of the line demo presenters will cover the Coyote and 'Cat game from A-Z., and will inspire and enlighten anyone that will pay attention and listen.

I'm sorry that I haven't updated or posted sooner, but we've been busy with our youngest son's graduation, coyotes and denning starting, and also finalizing the move to our new shop that we'll continue to run our business from.

Stay tuned, and if you need to book a motel room still, don't delay!

August 19-20 in Lusk Wyoming

Thanks, John

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 05/31/22 06:42 PM

Can’t wait to see the demo list
Posted By: andrews1958

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 05/31/22 11:54 PM

Could you please also mention location, closest airport to fly into and motels in the area. Thanks

Re: Coyote Days 2022 - 06/01/22 12:27 AM

Domestic airports near Lusk, WY
78 miles: Chadron, NE (CDR / KCDR) Chadron Municipal Airport
92 miles: Scottsbluff, NE (BFF / KBFF) Western Nebraska Regional Airport
113 miles: Casper, WY (CPR / KCPR) Casper-Natrona County International Airport
120 miles: Alliance, NE (AIA / KAIA) Alliance Municipal Airport
155 miles: Rapid City, SD (RAP / KRAP) Rapid City Regional Airport
159 miles: Cheyenne, WY (CYS / KCYS) Cheyenne Regional Airport
163 miles: Gillette, WY (GCC / KGCC) Gillette-Campbell County Airport
170 miles: Laramie, WY (LAR / KLAR) Laramie Regional Airport
Denver International is about 5.5 hours drive.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/us/best-western-pioneer-lusk.html?aid=815735&label=msn-lO8CWKfoGAjTIJoebBu6zg-14117110907%3Atikwd-16987340600%3Aloc-190%3Aneo%3Amte%3Alp90463%3Adec%3AqsMotels%20in%20lusk%20wyoming&sid=65ee6e3389ed99e9276d19eaddf0a91a

https://www.booking.com/hotel/us/townhouse-motel-lusk.html?aid=815735&label=msn-lO8CWKfoGAjTIJoebBu6zg-14117110907%3Atikwd-16987340600%3Aloc-190%3Aneo%3Amte%3Alp90463%3Adec%3AqsMotels%20in%20lusk%20wyoming&sid=65ee6e3389ed99e9276d19eaddf0a91a

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 06/08/22 11:25 PM

OK, I've got the tentative list of demo presenters for Coyote Days 2022. Some are new guys, that are willing to step up and give their hard earned knowledge freely, and have agreed to be part of this year's program.

This years demos will cover not only COYOTE fur trapping as well as predator control topics, but will include at least 3 BOBCAT trapping/snaring demos! The bobcat market is alive and well, and one of the few bright spots on today's market, so I felt it prudent to include a few more 'CAT topics, in addition to Bill Ilchik's world class demo (that will also cover 'cat snaring this year).

COYOTE DAYS 2022 August 19-20 Niobrara Co. Fairgrounds, Lusk, WY.

DEMOS-

Bill Ilchik-- NV
Boone Liane--SD
Todd Fairchild-- CO
Larry Bowden -- SD
Les Johnson-- NE
Dick Hane-- CO
Dan Roberts-- SD
Lee Steinmeyer- KS
Merv Griswold-- WY
Roc Lee-- MT
Chris McAllister-- SD
Scott Huber-- SD
Brad Troftgruben-- WY
Jamie P. Olson-- WY
Jim Arneson-- MT
Colt Violet-- WY
Blake Coffman-- WY
Mike Liane-- ND
Dan Hartman--MT
John Graham-- WY

20 top quality demos in 2 DAYS! Come and learn and share and talk Coyotes & 'Cats with some of the best in the business!

$10 admission for both days for 18 and over

More details to come, stay tuned

Thanks, John

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 06/16/22 09:55 AM

I just wanted to share that there will be at least one major antler buyer at Coyote Days also. The antler market has gone crazy and is still strong. I watched bunches that were in 'lick tubs' for mineral for cattle, not stacked too high, just random deer shed of hard white, Brown, and a little #2 type antler sell, and they were averaging $550-$650.

It doesn't take many shed antlers to bring in some serious cash, and would help offset some travel expense.

I know the whole world is watching gas prices, and feeling the pain of it. I'm no exception.

All I can say is that we are going to put on as good as an event as we can, and will make it enjoyable and informative!

Thanks, John

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 06/23/22 08:43 PM

I visited with Evan Anderson a few days ago, and he has agreed to once again do a demo at Coyote Days this year. Evan is a Trapper/Rancher from South Dakota, and has considerable experience, with the recent years being in SD and Arizona. His demo will be on predators.

A few years ago, I made a quick trip to ride along with Evan for a day, on an out of state trapping trip. We left his camp in the dark, before sunup and got back at dark, with 92 miles in his Honda Side by side behind us! What an adventure that was, and a load of critters in the back.

Evan is of the long liner mind set, and will be sharing some of his thoughts at Coyote Days.

People are calling from virtually every direction, and it looks like we are going to have a great turnout!

I'll keep you posted with updates when I can.

Thanks, John
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 06/24/22 01:42 AM

Will where be any vendors ( lures, bait, etc) there?

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 06/24/22 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Scott__aR
Will where be any vendors ( lures, bait, etc) there?

John will have his baits lure, supplies available.

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 06/24/22 03:04 AM

Thanks for the update John, Evan puts on a heck of a demo IMHO. No nonsense, get after it kind of a guy, must be because he's from MN......

Todd, see if you can fire up your counterpart to come on over.

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 06/25/22 12:54 AM

Steven. Yes, Minnesota has produced some great trappers! Evan has fit in to the Western scene quite well for the last several years.

I've been gathering up some things for the Friday night round table discussion. I know we opened a lot of eyes last year, and will continue to bring great info to light this year as well.

If anyone is serious about either coyote fur or ADC trapping/work, Coyote Days is a great place to learn some things that are important to know.

And, like I mentioned before, we'll have more 'cat info this year too.

The rifles are ordered and we have some great items coming for raffle items as well.

And Steven, I'd contribute to the walleye feed, but all I could catch during my one day of fishing this year was Pike.

Time is flying by, and it will be here soon!

August 19-20 Lusk, WY

Thanks, John

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 06/29/22 11:42 PM

I've had a few people ask if there will be supplies available to buy at Coyote Days, and the answer is YES.

Our longtime friend and fellow trapping supply dealer, Tuffy Halls, from Hot Springs, SD will be coming this year, and setting up his booth inside the main building. Tuffy operates as 'Grizzly Rose Trap line Supply' and is also a major fur buyer in the west. He carries a good supply of various products.and we are happy that he has agreed to attend Coyote Days 2022.

Also, I've had requests for a demo on gland collecting, and I am happy to say that we WILL cover gland collecting in Dan Roberts's demo.
Dan is a long line coyote and 'cat trapper, that traps in 2 or 3 states every year, and has had a fur season catch of over 600 coyotes recently. Dan cuts some of the best glands that I buy every year, and I'm proud to say that he will cover that in his demo.

Time is flying by!

Coyote Days 2022 August 19-20 Lusk, WY

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/13/22 10:46 PM

Summer is hot and dry, and time is flying by for sure.

I wanted to share with everyone a poem that Dan Hartman, from Broadus Montana shared with me at last years Coyote Days.

Dan is a rancher and trapper up that way, and gives a great coyote demo for us every year.

"There's a doin's in Wyoming, It comes but once a year,
A gathering of like minds, They come from far 'n near.

A bunch of cagey coyote men, Share the little tricks they use,
To all their peers and young up comers, but you won't read it in the news.

We're the outcasts of the modern world, And we'll own it with pure pride;
And also with some humble, Because God, our world provides.

They come together here at Lusk, to learn and also share,
Among trappers, this is rare.

There's snaremen of the sagebrush, and trappers of the dirt,
Coyote calling SOB's that teach all that they're worth.

There's the state and county trappers, And government men of old,
These boys are the whole package, so best use the advice your told.

These ways are going fast my friends, we should cherish what is left,
Soon it will be outlawed, Yes, even in the West.

I often wonder if the old mountain men of the 1800;s ever had an inkling, That their days would soon be numbered, and it most don't see the end until it's far too late.

So we gather here at Lusk, and while we differ in our ways,
We appreciate our brothers, here at John Graham's Coyote Days"

Dan Hartman, 2021

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/13/22 11:40 PM

Great cowboy poem, John. Thanks for posting!
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/14/22 12:19 AM

Anyone coming through Wibaux MT on their way to lusk?

Also:

I've got some varget for trading stock.

Anyone wants to trade some large rifle primers for varget bring them along.

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/14/22 01:58 AM

I have some LRPs do you have any Benchrest? They both seem to be unicorns.

John, are you wanting any wild rice again?

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/20/22 01:55 AM

Steven, YES! I'd take 5 pounds. My wife makes great wild rice soup, with cheese, bacon, etc. It's my favorite winter time soup.

Thanks!

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/20/22 04:43 AM

John, have you put a schedule together concerning the demos to be given by the instructors and the day?

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/20/22 10:12 AM

I'm just starting to do that, and will have it finished by Friday, and will then post it.

I do know that Les Johnson's demo will be first thing at 8 a.m. on Saturday. Les will have his Predator Quest booth set up all weekend too.

Jamie Olson's (Trapper/Outfitter from WY) demo will be at 1 P.M, on Saturday also.
Jamie's demo will be on predator control methods, and he will share good, sound information and methods with us.

I talked to my buddy Roc Lee last night, and he will be doing his snaring demo on Saturday at 11 a.m.

We're only a month away now, and we're getting calls and emails every day. I hope the heat tapers off some by then!

Gas is starting to drop here slightly, with a few 10 cent drops here in last 10 days, and gas in Lusk is currently at $4.45
It's still crazy high I know, but every time it drops, I consider it a victory. We put a lot of miles on while working coyotes, and even a dime a gallon makes a difference. And, with so much crazy BS going on in our country right now, I'm struggling to find anything positive, so gas slowly coming down is a big deal to me!

If your looking for other things to do while in the area, keep in mind the Museum of the Fur Trade, in Chadron Nebraska. It is a 'must see' for sure. It has got to be a kind of tradition, and a group of us go over there after Sunday clean-up, and it is well worth it.

Also, Fort Robinson, at Crawford Nebraska (50 miles east of Lusk) is a great place to visit.

And, the Black Hills is always a draw for people. The Sturgis Bike Rally will be long over by then, so bike traffic will be down, and tourists tapering off a bit.

I'm sure the fire danger will be high in late August, so NO open fires in the camping area of the fairgrounds will be in effect.

And YES, we are charging admission again this year.

$10 for the weekend, for people 18 and older. That $10 goes to helping pay for the event, like renting the fairgrounds, and paying for motel rooms for the demo people and some of the people that help put this event on.

Please go to the main building to the south, and register and get a wristband that will signify that you've paid for admittance. The $10 is the bargain of the century in my opinion, because there is NO where that will have this much Coyote and Bobcat knowledge shared in 2 days!

The Saturday night banquet is coming together nicely too, and my wife Nicole is in charge of that for the most part. We have a great crew that helps put that on too.

I'll post more in a few days, Thanks, John
Posted By: MoSam

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/23/22 03:40 AM

Sounds like a great event. Trying real hard to talk myself into making the 11 hour drive!

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/23/22 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by MoSam
Sounds like a great event. Trying real hard to talk myself into making the 11 hour drive!

It’s 8 hours for me. Well worth it.

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/23/22 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Originally Posted by MoSam

It’s 8 hours for me. Well worth it.

X2!

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/23/22 02:04 PM

11.5 for me. I think this will be my sixth year in a row.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/23/22 02:11 PM

I thinks it’s a 15 + hour drive for us , haven’t been there since the first year but we turn it into a vacation. Last time we went to Cody and Yellowstone, this year we will go see Crazy Horse, the presidents and the black hills area.

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/23/22 02:18 PM

Golf ball, make sure you take a trip down the needles highway between crazy horse in Mount Rushmore.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/23/22 02:23 PM

I’ve already been told it’s a must .
Posted By: trapperjdb

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/23/22 02:43 PM

Just want to say if anyone is on the fence about going, I suggest to go. I have been there the last two years and it has been a good time. Learned a lot, meant a few people and the steak supper is awesome!
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/23/22 02:50 PM

Wish I could but fuel and the farm are keeping me out the house again tired

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/23/22 03:18 PM

Went last year but had to cut it short. 10+ hr drive but we'll worth the experience. Fuel prices will prevent me from making it this year but hope to make it back soon. Great bunch of people and a good time!
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/23/22 04:06 PM

We have been looking forward to making this trip for the past year, 15 hours (a leisurely 3 day travel) for us. Glad gas has been dropping. Probably spend another week exploring following Coyote Days ... Christine is in charge of sight seeing, I'm only the driver lol.

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/24/22 09:36 PM

Demo Schedule!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/24/22 11:41 PM

Thanks, Todd!

That is the tentative demo list and times. It's still a month away, and if we have any major changes, we'll let everyone know.

The demos will be varied, as you can see, and it's a solid list of top people, from top to bottom. Coyotes are the main theme, with Bobcats a close second!

And, it's great to see people attend and share THEIR experience and also make new friends. I guess they call it networking nowadays, but I'll leave that to the younger people.

We've had a LOT of calls and inquiries, and I honestly think we'll have people from 25 states attend, just like the last 3 years.

I'm ordering the steak loins for the Saturday night banquet this week, and Nicole is planning out the menu for the concessions.

And, keep in mind that Colt Furs will be attending, and they have a great antler market, if you have any that you'd like to sell.

Gas prices are dropping about 10 cents a week, and hopefully it will keep up that trend!

As I've said before, on August 19th & 20th, all tracks lead to Lusk, Wyoming!

We're planning everything we can do to make it a fun and worthwhile experience for everyone that attends.

We hope to see you there.

John

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 07/28/22 02:55 AM

Ok, Regretfully, our good friend, Dick Hane from Fruita Co. can't make it this year. Dick and I first met in 1983 and we hit it off to say the least. We've stayed in contact and been friends for many years. He came to Wyoming and rode along on the coyote line a few years ago, and we had a great time. He gives a great demo, and we were happy to have him here last year. Dick will be missed at Coyote Days 2022, but we'll see him next year!

Dick was going to do a 'cat demo, and I figured we would schedule a different 'cat demo in Dick's time slot.

So, I contacted our mutual friend, Bill Ilchik from Nevada,, and asked him if he'd be agreeable to doing a joint 'cat demo with me. Bill and I have had a 100 conversations about trapping over the years, and a lot of them have included 'cats of course. Bill came and spent 4 or 5 days around Thanksgiving time last fall, running my coyote lines with me, and he instructed me on how to set some of the Nevada style exposed sets that he and others have perfected over the years. We covered a lot of ground in the pickup and side by side, and talked about a variety of things. We compared our personal picks of locations and strategies, and the ways to find and set up the best spots, flag use, toilets, etc.

I'm exited about doing a demo with Bill, and we'll cover a lot of ground during that 55 minutes!

It'll be at 10 a.m. on Friday morning at Coyote Days

And, Bill will be doing the last demo on Saturday too, and share some more of his vast knowledge of 'cats and 'cat trapping. His demo alone is worth the trip to Wyoming!

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 08/13/22 12:23 AM

Last weekend before the big show. Everyone travel safe and see you in Lusk!!

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 08/13/22 01:46 AM

I won't be making it this year. Will someone please take pictures and share their experiences?

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 08/13/22 11:42 AM

Starting to load the truck, less than a week away
Posted By: Strut10

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 08/13/22 11:50 AM

DANG ,but I wish it wasn't 1500 miles away !!!!!!!! frown

LOVE the town !!!!!!!! Would love to watch EVERY seminar................ Everyone else needs to enjoy a little FOR me.

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 08/13/22 04:49 PM

Yep, Coyote Days 2022 is almost here!

I’m sorry I haven’t updated sooner

We’ve had some questions that I’ll address now

First, for people camping on the grounds that will need ice, YES, there is ice available at the Spirits Liquor Store, which is literally across the fence from the east end of the camping, at NE corner of grounds. And, the grocery store and both gas stations have ice too

Camping on grounds is $5/night for tent or campers with NO hookups

There are about 11 hookups for electricity, and those are $20/night

Showers are right there too

As for demos, my buddy Dan Robert’s can’t attend this year, so I asked Nebraska WS trapper Nickie Swartz to take his spot at 4pm on Saturday. Nickie is working as a government trapper, and is well versed in the coyote world, and I know that she’ll give a great demo. Nickie is also bringing some of the fur products that she makes and sells, and will have a booth inside

We are excited that we have 10 demos a day, running non stop, from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m., both days !

20 demos total, by some of the very best in the business, covering all phases of the Coyote and Bobcat game

The doors open at 7 a.m. on both Friday & Saturday

Coffee will be on, and Nicole and crew will have Biscuits & Gravy for breakfast
There is also the Outpost Cafe close by

The rest of the day, there will be a variety available at the concessions inside main building: Sloppy Joe’s, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, and Tacos

Raffle drawings will include 1 Ruger 22-250, a Henry Golden Boy .22, and also a Denali Bear Trap

The banquet on Saturday night will feature Rib Steaks that we cut on Friday night, also a fur fashion show, speakers, 20 bucket raffle with great items, and of course speakers and live auction

Banquet tickets can be bought for $25 at the desk right inside door of main building

We charge $10 entrance for 18 and over, for the weekend of the event, and you will be issued a green wristband to show that you’ve paid, and the money goes towards paying for the fairgrounds, motel rooms for demo presenters and helpers, as well as the 101 other things that go into putting on an event like this.

We’ve had a lot of calls from people that are coming for the first time, and we honestly expect a great turnout again this year

The bottom line is: If you are wanting to learn and share and visit with like minded people about Coyotes & ‘Cats, there is no better place

Coyote Days 2022, August 19-20 Niobrara Co. Fairgrounds, Lusk WY

Thanks, John
Posted By: Wyoming Drifter

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 08/14/22 02:08 AM

Looking forward to this.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 08/14/22 11:24 AM

TTT

Re: Coyote Days 2022 DEMOS - 08/14/22 01:13 PM

Bring a notebook and a new pen as the information flows freely and will put your mind into overload! Good food, good friends, good times. Hate to miss it!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums