Home

New celebrity member

Posted By: Mark K

New celebrity member - 01/27/22 05:38 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: KeithC

Re: New celebrity member - 01/27/22 05:53 AM

Chip Hailstone from Life Below Zero is a member. Chip's life with his wife Agnes, 5 daughter and 2 stepsons is the best part of that show.

Keith
Posted By: Caribou

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 06:52 AM

LOL!

Thanks for the thumbs up, Keith C, Im more a lurker than a participant, no need to poke sleeping Bears.

laugh
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 09:26 AM

Always enjoyed the honesty and non dramatic authenticism you and your family bring to the show Chip. Been fun watching your family grow and mature over the years.
Posted By: red mt

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Caribou
LOL!

Thanks for the thumbs up, Keith C, Im more a lurker than a participant, no need to poke sleeping Bears.

laugh

You did good, glad to see a down earth family .
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 10:38 AM

yes enjoy the show good entertainment
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 10:40 AM

Enjoy y'alls part of the show.
Posted By: micheal

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 11:08 AM

Like the show
Posted By: nh toe pincher

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 11:49 AM

Huge fan of the Hailstone fam. Agnes can shoot! and i agree, best segment of that whole show.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 12:00 PM

Chip, the caribou tongue thing.....is it really delicious? sick
laugh
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 12:30 PM

Get you a cow tongue Gary. Boil it till the skin comes loose. Peel it off. I like to stick it in the fridge. Then slice it top to bottom not length ways. Put the slices in a sandwich with plenty of miracle whip. Its pretty rich. Sticks to your ribs when you got a lot of work to get done.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 02:22 PM

Good to know. Pure enjoyment every time the show switches to the Hailstones. Love the enthusiasm and the Real Life experience.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 02:27 PM

LOL!

laugh

Amazing Family, Awesome segment of that Show!!!

Continued success and Blessings Chip!
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 02:53 PM

Rumor has it, Putin was thinking about a Sneak attack on the Coast up there, but he decided he wouldn’t take the chance because of Chip, Agnes, and the girls. Lol
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Get you a cow tongue Gary. Boil it till the skin comes loose. Peel it off. I like to stick it in the fridge. Then slice it top to bottom not length ways. Put the slices in a sandwich with plenty of miracle whip. Its pretty rich. Sticks to your ribs when you got a lot of work to get done.

Love me some good tongue! X2 Danny!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by nh toe pincher
Huge fan of the Hailstone fam. Agnes can shoot! and i agree, best segment of that whole show.

Agnes can do a lot of things Ol Chip done good I'd say!
Posted By: Owen

Re: New celebrity member - 02/26/22 04:20 PM

Chip and Agnes are by far the best part of that show. Good to see him post something. Wish I could come visit them

Re: New celebrity member - 03/01/22 09:56 AM

Thank you fellas!!

The Tongue IS the best part of the Caribou, and rib meat is a close second, on my plate.
Agnes and I caught a couple fat cows a couple days ago for your entertainment laugh
Delicious!!

Were at camp right now, the dish on the sled is tuned and internet up, while were at the cabin. leveling that thing can be a major pain, but the rest is easy.

Were gonna go home for my birthday soon and maybe onto Anchorage as our defensive daughter Qutans basketball team, Noorvik Bears, have made State, and the play offs are in Anchorage.

Any members there? The last time I went for some crash repair to the chompers (I bit the ice) and covid really messed that up.

Attached picture DSCN9843.JPG
Posted By: trapNH

Re: New celebrity member - 03/01/22 10:28 AM

Sounds like you are having a great life Caribou.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: New celebrity member - 03/01/22 11:22 AM

After hearing my kids talk about your show I am tempted to watch TV again. Never had any caribou. Zoo in Topeka was pretty serious sounding when they told me I wasn't allowed to eat one.

Satellite dish on a sled is cool. Are you using a battery and solar power? Never would have believed people in a place that remote could communicate with somebody thousands of miles away when I was a young man. World sure is smaller now.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: New celebrity member - 03/01/22 11:30 AM

I hope the basketball team kicks butt and takes names Chip a trip to town can't be all bad ???
We also enjoy watching your parts of the show the best .
Stay Safe out there !
Allan
Posted By: MnMan

Re: New celebrity member - 03/01/22 05:35 PM

I am a huge fan of your family's adventures. Go Noorvik Bears!
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: New celebrity member - 03/01/22 06:00 PM

Can't walk away from the screen when the Hailstone family is on.
Rugged but rewarding in ways many will never understand .
I have noticed when listening to you talk, that you are very realistic to the requirements of securing a lively hood.
Never apologetic to the process of subsistence harvesting.
Often you include the wisdom and importance of the elders and their lifestyles.
I like that.

Thank you Chip, for sharing your family and lifestyles with the world.
Blessings to you and your expanding family.

Re: New celebrity member - 03/01/22 09:29 PM

Thank you fellas!!

The Tongue IS the best part of the Caribou, and rib meat is a close second, on my plate.
Agnes and I caught a couple fat cows a couple days ago for your entertainment laugh
Delicious!!

Were at camp right now, the dish on the sled is tuned and internet up, while were at the cabin. leveling that thing can be a major pain, but the rest is easy.

Were gonna go home for my birthday soon and maybe onto Anchorage as our defensive daughter Qutans basketball team, Noorvik Bears, have made State, and the play offs are in Anchorage.

Any members there? The last time I went for some crash repair to the chompers (I bit the ice) and covid really messed that up.

Awesome Photo, Thanks
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: New celebrity member - 03/01/22 09:34 PM

Chip: The rifle your wife uses, is it a Mosin-Nagant in 7.62x54R?

I thought it looked familiar. Do you use the old military ammo? Or later model soft nose stuff?

I see you using the M-14 rifle. Good choice also.

Great show.

Re: New celebrity member - 03/02/22 06:53 AM

We have a pelican case for the modem and a Honda 2200 generator that gos 8-9 hours on a gallon of gas. Weighs about 66 or so pounds. They ride on the sled with the gas jugs.
A couple cans of gas can last a couple weeks.

Agnes and I use Finn M-39 variations of the Mosin.
Mie is a SAKO, hers is a Valmet, and she also has a PU scoped 91/30.
Czeck BXN light ball corrosive prime, lacquer cased 7.62x54 is accurate, consistent and spot on with the sights.
Accuracy is all that counts, and teh ergonomics of a Finn designed rifle in the Arctic cannot be beat.

My eyesite has changed a bit in my mid 50's, and keeping the rear sight on the M39 was getting not so crisp.
The Peeps on a 1917 Enfield I have worked out great, so I picked up a NM Springfield M1A.
150 Grn PMC Bronze works fine and I keep the sites at 200 meters.

Re: New celebrity member - 03/02/22 02:52 PM

We have a pelican case for the modem and a Honda 2200 generator that gos 8-9 hours on a gallon of gas. Weighs about 66 or so pounds. They ride on the sled with the gas jugs.
A couple cans of gas can last a couple weeks.

Agnes and I use Finn M-39 variations of the Mosin.
Mie is a SAKO, hers is a Valmet, and she also has a PU scoped 91/30.
Czeck BXN light ball corrosive prime, lacquer cased 7.62x54 is accurate, consistent and spot on with the sights.
Accuracy is all that counts, and teh ergonomics of a Finn designed rifle in the Arctic cannot be beat.

My eyesite has changed a bit in my mid 50's, and keeping the rear sight on the M39 was getting not so crisp.
The Peeps on a 1917 Enfield I have worked out great, so I picked up a NM Springfield M1A.
150 Grn PMC Bronze works fine and I keep the sites at 200 meters.

Awesome,

Thanks!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums