Home

Roundup or Glyphosate price

Posted By: Turkeyeggsaver

Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 01:01 PM

Tractor Supply’s price jumped from $54.99 to $102.99 for 2.5 gallons of 41% glyphosate. I talked to a farmer and they locked in their price for the upcoming season but it was twice as much as last year. Any thoughts?
Posted By: OKforester

Re: Round up or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 01:14 PM

That’s what I’m hearing from wholesalers also. Pretty much double the price from this time last year.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 01:14 PM

Hard to find and double the price here.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 01:39 PM

Eventually nobody can afford to farm anymore and the Gubmint will own all the land.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 02:05 PM

I remember getting caught with Liberty beans and no Liberty to be found, and that was in normal times. Now we are hooked on $50 bean seed, which we got into because glyphosate was cheap. Now waterhemp and others are resistant and it takes an expensive arsenal of other chemicals that we was using in the first place and still stuck with paying for patented seed that used to even out with cheap chemicals. All some high leveraged farmers needs now is for interest rates to go up (fighting inflation) and we may have a repeat of the Carter embargoes on Russia, which is sounding even more familiar today. And now Willy Nelson may not be able to turn it around this time either.

A guy probably needs to get his Liberty chemical in the shed before he buys his Liberty beans.
Posted By: charles

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 02:11 PM

Maybe they are trying to pay the large class-action suit against them.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 02:41 PM

$15 last year $65 now. Between Covid and the Olympics the Chinese have had their factories off line. They have shutdown many to clean things up while the world is watching.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by charles

I think this has a lot to do with it.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 02:43 PM

My buddy sells seed and chemicals and last fall he told me the farmers he deals with were pretty worked up over anhydrous cost. He said wait til they find out what theyll be spending to fill the sprayer. So it’s been known for a while.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 03:41 PM

Maybe mechanical weed control will become economical again. I know wildlife and John Deere will benefit.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 03:44 PM

Around here the price last summer was $42 for generic 2.5 gallon jug of 41%. I bought mine early from a batch for which they had paid a lower price.
Based upon the reports here I am not looking forward to the price this year.
Are the prices you quote for generic or Monsanto?
Posted By: Fairchild #17

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 03:45 PM

I just got a notice from a construction material supplier to expect increase of 10-40% beginning next month on almost everything they carry.
Somebody needs to have a little talk with Buttgigger about his job.
Posted By: Turkeyeggsaver

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 04:19 PM

I just left Tractor Supply with 10 gallons of 41% Glyphosate. TS employees were raising the price from $102.99 to $127.99 for 2.5 gallons while I was there. I got it for $102.99. They said that a man put 2 on layaway and when he picked to pay it rang up $127.99 so they called to check on the price. TS website shows $134.99. TS employee said they expect it to double from here by summer.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
Maybe mechanical weed control will become economical again. I know wildlife and John Deere will benefit.

I think about 90% of Iowa gets sprayed with the stuff every year. Probably not good for wildlife and water quality. On the other hand, reduced tillage because of Roundup does help water quality some.
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 05:26 PM

Input cost 350 acre 2020 triple stack brand name corn, input cost 442 acre 2022 same criteria, learn margins at time of sale. Hope for good weather everybody.
Case

This presumes seed already purchased.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 05:51 PM

If these price increases become permanent and extend to pesticides also, farmers will have to examine their options. Economics may force farmers to be satisfied with lower yields. Consumers should prepare themselves for significantly higher grocery prices.
Posted By: MattLA

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 07:13 PM

LOL.My grandma in law just got a huge settlement from using that stuff and causing her cancer.

@Kansas Higher food prices are always a welcome addition especially if that means less chemicals sprayed. It's been my opinion for some time that farmers arent getting the proper value for their work, and surely they are never appreciated by the general public.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 07:15 PM

Our farm store has a deal.Buy a case of round up and get a case of lymphoma for a half million.
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 07:42 PM

Tofan, not arguing, just find it strange you are laughing out loud because your gr. mother in law has cancer. Just me I suppose I can't find the humer in that, but I'm funny that way.

I'm in my 70,s my F.I.L is 84 third gen. farmer still farming, farms all around us don't know any farmers with cancer. Know a lot of city, factory folk with cancer one form or another.
Case
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 07:47 PM

Glyphosate is one of the safest herbicides made.
Posted By: K91773

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/23/22 09:07 PM

Fertilizer prices have gone through the roof as well and are expected to keep rising, it is tight as is now with the big jump in fuel prices, fertilizer, and chemicals and very little increase to a decrease in crop prices it is going to get tougher than it already is if you are a small to middle sized operation, the big operations and the corporate operations will be okay but it will put a lot of family farmers out of business if the trend continues.

As far as the higher prices go, the retailers pass it on to the consumer and say it is because of "higher production costs" but the price that beef is bringing at the sale is not much different than it always was so the increase is not going to the producer it is going to the retailer and processors.
Posted By: nate

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/24/22 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Glyphosate is one of the safest herbicides made.

Says who, same people that claimed DDT, ECT were safe.
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/24/22 01:42 AM

Agreed Swamp Wolf. Rigorous testing to obtain EPA registration for any herbicides to be used. And glyphosate is very safe, strong salt. We spray couple bulk totes a year on our no till farming operation. Grandad turns 90 next week, uncle is 67. All cancer free. Grandad said he’d make turn on the end row with a head wind, and the spray would darn near put out his Winston. Using those old pull behind rigs. These sprayers now are very efficient, drift agents help put the spray where intended. Started using the product since it’s inception.
Posted By: nate

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/24/22 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by JoMiBru
Agreed Swamp Wolf. Rigorous testing to obtain EPA registration for any herbicides to be used. And glyphosate is very safe, strong salt. We spray couple bulk totes a year on our no till farming operation. Grandad turns 90 next week, uncle is 67. All cancer free. Grandad said he’d make turn on the end row with a head wind, and the spray would darn near put out his Winston. Using those old pull behind rigs. These sprayers now are very efficient, drift agents help put the spray where intended. Started using the product since it’s inception.

Yeah,lol
Just like chlorpyrifos EPA registered in mid 1960 that recently been outlawed. EPA is another flop from our government just like the CDC paid off by lobiist.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/24/22 03:03 AM

Bring back the chain gangs. Have them boys and girls learn how to chop weeds. Try to chop a prison guard, get shot. Work those inmates hard and often...
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/24/22 03:28 AM

Yeah Nate, Chlorpyrifos is a great insecticide when used per label. Wasn’t used often anymore, that’s why Corteva quit making the mixes containing. The cherry growers and sugarbeet growers needed that for production, and were hung out to dry when it was banned. Banned because of bad science libtards, a category you’re dancing in. Ill leave it at that.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/24/22 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by JoMiBru

Yeah Nate, Chlorpyrifos is a great insecticide when used per label. Wasn’t used often anymore, that’s why Corteva quit making the mixes containing. The cherry growers and sugarbeet growers needed that for production, and were hung out to dry when it was banned. Banned because of bad science libtards, a category you’re dancing in. Ill leave it at that.

This^^^^
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/24/22 04:11 AM

Case XX I join you in your comment about Tofan’s humor.
Posted By: bowhunter27295

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/24/22 02:56 PM

Yet another reason food prices will go even higher.

But some of you fools remember.

ORANGE MAN BAD.

The older I get the more I learn you cannot fix stupid. It is a chosen path of the righteous fool.
Posted By: bowhunter27295

Re: Roundup or Glyphosate price - 01/24/22 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by charles

Yeah, it's the evil big corporations fault.

Never mind the money being printed like monopoly money and the oil being shut off by the imbecile in office. You do know commercial nitrogen is petroleum based, right?

So based on a previous thread I posted, Biden is gonna subsidize the meat packing industry. Then he is at the same time shutting down the oil industry for "climate change". Then petroleum prices sky rocket and everything associated with it (fertilizer and glyphosate). Beans and corn are round up ready for commercial applications. So not only is the consumer gonna pay higher prices for glyphosate, fertilizer and food, but the farmer will also. It is a death spiral created completely by the imbecile we have in office.

It is good to see Biden voters squirm. But I guarantee they will still vote to keep the same libtards in office. It is amazing how grown intelligent people can't understand this. A lot of them only understand to point at the evil rich that supply their food and products yet are unable to see it is politicians that are deflecting blame from themselves.

Orange man bad.

Good grief!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums