Home

Lost wallet

Posted By: Cragar

Lost wallet - 01/19/22 09:59 PM

A friend of mine lost his wallet about a week ago. He looked everywhere. His wife looked too , no luck. Started thinking of the last place he had seen it and tried replacing his steps.

He told me of the wallet being missing. As a friend and knowing of how something like that can cause you distress , I offered to help as my friend is on oxygen and his mobility is slightly limited to search. Looked in many places high and low in his house that would be difficult for him to search. Looked through his car and under the seats etc. Looked in my car as I had given him a couple rides recently. No luck.

We started brainstorming places it could be as we were running out of places to look. Considered it could have fallen in the snow walking back and forth to his car , Now maybe frozen in till spring. Thought it could be maybe in the trash bags he just threw in the dumpster the other day.

I volunteered to search the trash bags. Got some gloves and started going through the first few bags , nasty , stinky kitchen waste. Finally the last bag ( #5 ) had the prize. There it was with some paperwork and bills.

Needless to say my friend was totally elated. I was pretty pumped too to find it for him. Made my day.
Posted By: Supergoose

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 10:07 PM

Good work Cragar !!!

Good on you. !!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 10:09 PM

I can identify. It doesn't pay to multi-task on the way to the trash can.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 10:11 PM

Way to go.Pays to not give up.
Posted By: badger

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 10:12 PM

Its always the last place you look.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 10:17 PM

Cool, did that once for a friend when we were out rabbit hunting.

He was reloading his clip and put it in the rifle and we started to make another circle for rabbits, had gone about
150 yards or so in some heavy sage brush.

Spooked one out and he went to take a shot and nothing, he had never put the clip in all the way or cycled the action and it fell out.

He was all upset that now he had to buy another clip, told him all we have to do is back track our step and we can find it, he would have none of it saying it was a lost cause in this mess and we did not have time for it.

Told him to stay where he was and I would back track his steps, followed back wards for about sixty yards in all that mess and there it was laying on the ground, pretty as a chucker waiting LOL.

Brought it back and he was so elated and could not believe I had done such a thing, was nothing for me but seeing him so happy was all the reward I needed.

Does give you a good feeling doing simple things for others who don't have a chance or can't do so !
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 10:46 PM

That's awesome !
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 11:00 PM

You're a Good friend
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 11:01 PM

That is one of those special efforts that one gives for another. Good for you making the effort and being successful. I have missed placed / lost my wallet and money bag a couple times in my life.

I was on a road trip to do some coyote trapping years back. I had my dog Max with me in those years.

I stopped to get some fuel at a truck stop on my way out on I 70 and took my money bag out to get some cash and went to the back of the truck to get my dogs water bowl out .While in that process I set the money bag down on my bumper to get into the back of my truck cap. Needless to say I left my money bag on the bumper and proceeded to drive another few hundred miles before stopping again for fuel.

When I went to get the dogs water bowl out once again guess what I found still sitting on my bumper? Talk about luck..
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 11:06 PM

Being I've been involved in search and recovery for many years. I can understand his frustration searching for something like that. Myself I can get a little obsessed especially when I know Im in right zone.
Way go sticking with it and ferreting that out trash.
My problem lately has become putting my own items right where I can find them. Then walking by it dozen times before find what looking for. They say it's an age thing. I just know I'm building quite a list can't find items. Usually by time I find what I'm looking for. Forgot why I needed it.
Then I put it right where I can find it next time. LOL!

Mac
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 11:30 PM

Nice
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 11:34 PM

Read the original post and kept waiting for the punchline! LOL, WTG Tho.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 11:39 PM

Good deal. The last wallet I returned to the owner I didn't even get a thank you. Lady had left it on the roof of her car at the gas pump and drove off. I picked it up out of the middle of the highway. Found her address was local so I took it to her house. Her husband took it and said "I'll let her know." basically shut the door in my face. Oh well, I did the right thing.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 11:49 PM

They say "No good deed goes unpunished"!
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Lost wallet - 01/19/22 11:49 PM

You're a good friend Cragar, way to go.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Lost wallet - 01/20/22 12:04 AM

Good job.

The night I moved to Jerusalem I got settled in my apartment/ dorm I sat on the recliner. A guy walks in frantically looking for his wallet. I stuck my hand in the recliner cushion there was his wallet. We became friends right away.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Lost wallet - 01/20/22 01:03 AM

Yepper. Your a good guy cragar.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Lost wallet - 01/20/22 01:11 AM

Very nice to help out a friend like that.
I found a buddys wallet in the bar one night.
It was full of money,so I bought a round for the table then gave it back to him.
He was sort of happy.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Lost wallet - 01/20/22 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Very nice to help out a friend like that.
I found a buddys wallet in the bar one night.
It was full of money,so I bought a round for the table then gave it back to him.
He was sort of happy.

That is exactly what a buddy is supposed to do!
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Lost wallet - 01/20/22 01:28 AM

I’ve had a few experiences with this…once I found a wallet in a ditch with $20 in it. I returned it and they insisted I take the money. The other time I found a wallet on the side of the road that didn’t have any money in it but had credit cards. I called the police to turn it in to avoid an argument. They came and got it and returned it without incident.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Lost wallet - 01/20/22 01:37 AM

I lost a wallet and backtracked everywhere to no avail. I didn't sleep a wink that night. I kept mulling over what to do now.
I had no ID to go to the DMV to get a replacement and I had no money to pay for it anyways.
At 07:30 am, I hear a loud knock on my front door, but by the time I got some clothes on, there was no one at the door.
While I was struggling to get dressed I was wondering who it could be knocking that early. I then started hoping that it was someone who found my wallet. I looked in the mailbox and there my wallet was. Still had the $17 in it! I still don't know did it.
I went to the store and gave the clerk a one dollar bill. She asked me what I was buying. I said,"Nothing. I'm handing out one dollar bills to complete strangers until they are all gone." "Can you give me all ones for this 5 and 10 dollars bills?"
Then I told her the story. I then handed everyone in line a dollar bill, making sure that they all heard the story.
This went on for most of the rest of the day. I never got tired of telling that story that day.
I wonder how many of those people that I gave a dollar to ever did something similar to whoever it was that returned my wallet that day.
Posted By: bobsheedy

Re: Lost wallet - 01/20/22 01:51 AM

Good to hear the rewarding stories everyone.
Posted By: gman

Re: Lost wallet - 01/20/22 02:51 AM

I found a wallet on about 1-1-22. Stuff was scattered on the road. Picked it up-39 dollars-cc's-hunting lisc.-drivers lisc .Googled his address and got his phone no. Never answered the phone so we drove over the next morning. About 25 miles. He was very surprised and very happy but said he didn't remember being on that road. Finally remembered he stopped there to take a leak. Think he might have been drinking a bit. Anyway he said he had a fifty stashed in the wallet and it was gone. I told him it must still be out there and he should go look. He told me to go look and keep it if I found it and it was on the way home so we stopped and looked. Picked up 59 dollars in about a 100 yard stretch on the opposite side of the road in the ditch. I put it away and remembered it when I saw this post so I actually just counted it. Plan on giving it back to him someday.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Lost wallet - 01/20/22 03:49 AM

Years ago I got hammered with a bunch of buddys on the Indian Reserve.I just got paid and had over 2000 bucks in my wallet(thats when I was single)
I woke up on the floor in the morning and my wallet was gone.i figured I got rolled.Then Gabby came in the house with my wallet,he found it laying on the back seat of his car outside-all the money was still in it.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Lost wallet - 01/20/22 03:54 AM

There are still some good guys out there
© 2024 Trapperman Forums